the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

NDP loaning David Asper 75M or 90M - Good or Bad idea?

+16
Bark and Bite
GGF
Miz point
Mantha
Jondo
JT Estoban
Deank
umcrouc0
FlyingRat
AGEsAces
grumpyrom
grumpy old man
djh
LivingDead
toban71
Triniman
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

NDP loaning David Asper 75M Good or Bad idea?

NDP loaning David Asper 75M or 90M - Good or Bad idea? - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%NDP loaning David Asper 75M or 90M - Good or Bad idea? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 18% [ 3 ]
NDP loaning David Asper 75M or 90M - Good or Bad idea? - Page 3 Vote_lcap71%NDP loaning David Asper 75M or 90M - Good or Bad idea? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 71% [ 12 ]
NDP loaning David Asper 75M or 90M - Good or Bad idea? - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%NDP loaning David Asper 75M or 90M - Good or Bad idea? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:Grumpy your are getting pariniod ,,
Just me eh Pav old chum? I'd say your bark is getting worse than your bite eh? heh heh heh

Anonymous

Old Chum Yes on the other forum The other no too bad you are wrong ,

Toban71 we will see how well this go,s over in Quebec remeber the arts funding rebuke cost them a majority .

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Bark and Bite

Bark and Bite

Just so you know Grumpy Jim and I are 2 different people and I was too busy this week to get much time to debate with you . Will maybe look this up when I get back to Ottawa , in answer to your other inq I work for the federal goverment as a litigation lawyer for Transport Canada .

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Thanks for that BaB. I needed a good chuckle...

HorndogDavis

Loaning David Asper this kind of cash make about as much sense as entering this guy into a 25km long distance marathon.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Below is what's in today's Sun and about a dogs breakfast deal...

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/columnists/tom_brodbeck/2010/04/05/13476061.html

Anonymous

Too bad there isn't any organized effort to shut this scam down.

Well, there's always election day.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

JTF you wrote:

Too bad there isn't any organized effort to shut this scam down.

Well, there's always election day.

Exactly and it is unfortunate that we as a society have not figured out how to keep our "Governments Accountable" to the people on a full time basis and only have election days to do so...

And for myself it is what I strongly believe is so wrong with what is happening with all our governments here in Canada...

"Our Governments" are not forced to be "Accountable to the people/voters on a full time basis and throughout their tenure in office"...

And my hope is for someday we as a society can figure out how to make our governments "Accountable to Us" on a full time basis and not just on election day...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

The NDP should simply make this an election issue.

Oh wait they did, I wonder how many people are going to vote for them again in 2011 with a 50% complete stadium hovering around as their testament to how much they love the people?

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank you wrote:

The NDP should simply make this an election issue.

Oh wait they did, I wonder how many people are going to vote for them again in 2011 with a 50% complete stadium hovering around as their testament to how much they love the people?

With only 50% of a stadium perhaps built...I say let them "All" stand in the middle of the stadium and have real rain on their parade come election day...

And no as a taxpayer I refuse to allow them to spend any more tax dollars on rain coats or umbrellas for that day... Laughing

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

What a big ugly mess when even the premier doesn't have a clue what the deal he truly signed is...

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/columnists/tom_brodbeck/2010/04/06/13491056.html

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ugg... yeah that was pretty bad

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank you wrote:

ugg... yeah that was pretty bad

I am still shaking my head and I am trying to laugh but there really isn't anything funny about it and rather it is "some very serious/scary business" instead...

And what do you when a Premier himself is confused about a business deal that involves many, many millions of everyone's tax dollars and a deal he signed himself just a week ago or so?...

Do you start asking for his resignation as a result of being "Incompetent" because for myself...

I wouldn't trust this premier to try and make a deal with some kid in relation to "purchasing a candy bar or something" cause I am concerned the kid would walk away with a sh$t load of candy bars without it costing the kid a penny to do so etc...

And now I am laughing again LOL!...

Anonymous

UN-FU UCKEN REAL!!!

Selinger doesn't even know what the deal he signed is all about!!!

We need an election badly.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

JTF you wrote:

UN-FU UCKEN REAL!!!

Selinger doesn't even know what the deal he signed is all about!!!

We need an election badly.

No smuckin kiddin man...we need an election pronto and then some...

Both civic and provincial so we can hopefully "Clean House" already...

Anonymous

Clean house is right...well perhaps houses.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

JTF you wrote:

Clean house is right...well perhaps houses.

Oh yeah and then because both houses are actually "Well Connected Together" they could therefore also perhaps be called a "Duplex that badly needs cleaning"...

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Bark and Bite wrote:Just so you know Grumpy Jim and I are 2 different people and I was too busy this week to get much time to debate with you . Will maybe look this up when I get back to Ottawa , in answer to your other inq I work for the federal goverment as a litigation lawyer for Transport Canada .

I hope you do keep posting once you get back to Ottawa Bark&Bite!

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Triniman- are you able to EDIT the incorrect headline??
The correct amount is $90,000,000, and anyone who thinks that this is a loan is an idiot, in my humble opinion! lol

http://www.elansofas.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

The loan is not only a bad idea its an outright lie.

anyone that has even a loose grasp on economics can understand that there is no way at all for Asper to make $90 million and put it all towards this stadium.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

greeblok and then some Deank...

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

And mainly because if you recall the provincial budget with deficit etc had just been tabled and I believe it was the Tuesday and then followed with on the weekend the following appeared in the papers..."Selinger needs some issue or something" that could distinguish him from the pack etc...and then I believe it was what the Tuesday of that week when he went and slapped us with this stadium deal...

And now I say boy did you ever do a gooooood job at distinguishing yourself from the rest of the pack there Greg...

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Deank wrote:The loan is not only a bad idea its an outright lie.

anyone that has even a loose grasp on economics can understand that there is no way at all for Asper to make $90 million and put it all towards this stadium.
How do you come to that conclusion?

The expectation would be he (Creswin) borrows the money to a) fund the new mall; and 2) fund the new stadium/Blue Bombers. He uses revenues from both businesses to repay the loans and use both facilities as collateral.

The question should be will both businesses generate enough revenue to repay the loan over the lifetime of the loan (25 years? 35 years?).

Now if he defaults will there be significant intrinsic value in his mall/development?

If there was no private interest in the Bombers and building a new stadium, would a government have built a stadium? Or would they have kept patching up the old stadium hoping to buy another year or two?

The other unknown is would the continued decline of the existing stadium contribute to declining attendance?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"How do you come to that conclusion?"

show me the math that makes it work.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

How be you show me where it is impossible?

Nobody knows all the underlying economics of this deal such as:
What the revenues will be from his mall/development.
What the Bomber/stadium revenues will be.

I'm not saying it is possible nor am I saying it is impossible. But I will challenge someone when they say "there is no way at all for Asper to make $90 million and put it all
towards this stadium."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum