the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

After Funeral Get-Together- What Do You Serve?-KFC,Pizza on Paper Plates? Plastic Cutlery!

+6
AGEsAces
Deank
Freeman
Miz point
Goth_chic
rosencrentz
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Hard to believe? The Hosts?? live in a very nice house in Linden Woods, and are in their mid-forties?
What would you serve to out of town guests to honour a deceased relative ?

http://www.elansofas.com

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

And they ran out of plastic cutlery for the dessert!

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Maybe pizza and dirty bird were the deceaseds favourite foods. Just because a person lives in lindenwoods doesn't mean that person has any class. Oh and when I entertain in the summer I serve the BBQ on paper plates and ask my guests to use plastic beer cups, much easier to clean up after.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Little sandwiches, canapes, veg and fruit trays, petit fours......good paper plates like Chinet.....proper coffee and tea service

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Anonymous

True Irish wakes are much more fun .

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Whats the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish wake?

One less drunk at the wake.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

rosencrentz wrote:Hard to believe? The Hosts?? live in a very nice house in Linden Woods, and are in their mid-forties?

I would love to attend a wake where the people throwing it are comfortable enough with their friends and family that they do not have to pretend to be something more. KFC and Pizza. freakin awesome.

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:
rosencrentz wrote:Hard to believe? The Hosts?? live in a very nice house in Linden Woods, and are in their mid-forties?

I would love to attend a wake where the people throwing it are comfortable enough with their friends and family that they do not have to pretend to be something more. KFC and Pizza. freakin awesome.

Come to my funeral then Smile.

I'm putting it in my will that it has to be a party not a depressing sobfest (though, I anticipate it will be anyway whether I request it or not Smile)

http://www.photage.ca

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Its not like you have much say in what happens after your own funeral.

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Freeman wrote:Its not like you have much say in what happens after your own funeral.

actually...you could have complete control of your own funeral...on paper.

if you preplan and prepay for everything...it will at least be in motion.

whether it's followed or not would depend on those left behind...but one could at least die with the dream of what their funeral will be like...and if they don't honour it...you can haunt them forever Very Happy

http://www.photage.ca

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

True, (at least the haunting part).

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

We had KFC after both my paternal great grandparents died. It was always a family favourite for large gatherings, since no one had to cook and the cleanup was easy. The last thing you want to do after a funeral is worry about cooking big meals.

After my dad's funeral, my mom was uninterested in going to the family event right away. So we went for burgers at Mrs Mikes.

Funerals are not times to be pretentious and picky about food.

Anonymous

In the past, quite distant past come to think of it, in my family, food was prepared as part of the funeral ceremony / tradition, or whatever.

However, now we just get it catered....with lots of those roll-up sandwiches, which I can eat about 100 of btw....Smile

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Who's up for crashing a funeral this afternoon? Lots of sandwiches to be had - and grieving relatives! Smile

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I'm game, just have to run home and put on a clean T-shirt and grab a box of Kleenex.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

No double dipping though...

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

It wasn't KFC, it was Chicken delight, and I saw a poster for a party pak, chicken and pizza for $25.99. Since there were only about 14 there , I bet you that was it, Chicken, pizza, fries, all microwaved to serve warm and soggy!
I would have loved it! my favorite foods! But my friend was horrified at the serving!

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

rosencrentz wrote:It wasn't KFC, it was Chicken delight, and I saw a poster for a party pak, chicken and pizza for $25.99. Since there were only about 14 there , I bet you that was it, Chicken, pizza, fries, all microwaved to serve warm and soggy!
I would have loved it! my favorite foods! But my friend was horrified at the serving!

Perhaps your friend should be a bit more grateful.

After all, the funeral isn't all about them.

Anonymous

Actually, funerals are all about the living and not the deceased...afterall, the dead person is...well...unconcerned at that point.

The entire funeral process is about the living when you come to think about it.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You are correct JTF. The funeral is about those who are grieving, it is suppose to provide closure. When my Mom passed away she didn't want a funeral, and my Dad said he doesn't either. It is a personal choice.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

JTF wrote:

Actually, funerals are all about the living and not the deceased...afterall, the dead person is...well...unconcerned at that point.

The entire funeral process is about the living when you come to think about it.

just for a statement like that. If you dont attend my funeral I will haunt you.

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

Goth_chic wrote:You are correct JTF. The funeral is about those who are grieving, it is suppose to provide closure. When my Mom passed away she didn't want a funeral, and my Dad said he doesn't either. It is a personal choice.

Did you just contradict yourself?

If the funeral is for the grieving why are the dead given a say as to what happens?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

It's their funeral...

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

sputnik wrote:
Goth_chic wrote:You are correct JTF. The funeral is about those who are grieving, it is suppose to provide closure. When my Mom passed away she didn't want a funeral, and my Dad said he doesn't either. It is a personal choice.

Did you just contradict yourself?

If the funeral is for the grieving why are the dead given a say as to what happens?

Nope no contradiction. We respected my dying Mothers wish and did not have a funeral. We had a private family only service. We plan on respecting my Dad's wishes as well. I was simply stating what a funeral is suppose to be for if that is what one chooses. It comes down to respecting the wishes of the one who is dying.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

So, a funeral is for the living to grieve, UNLESS the deceased has previously decreed that there be no such event, in which case the living can seek solace elsewhere...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum