the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Giant Tiger

+11
AGEsAces
SMW
Freeman
FlyingRat
Jondo
SuperNaut
Goth_chic
Miz point
Deank
grumpy old man
LivingDead
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Giant Tiger Empty Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:37 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

I am at GT in the Maples dropping something off. I walk out to my van, and see these 2 big fat women, loading a new black mini van, parked next to mine. The one woman pushes her empty shopping cart directly behind my van. I said to her in a very mean sounding tone, "Thanks a lot."

They turn away from me with out a sound and get into their van, I quickly push the cart behind their van. I get in my van and watch. They back up and hit the cart, they don't even bother to stop. They continue to back up, pushing the cart with their van. The cart then gets pushed to the side and scrapes its way up the driver side of their van, leaving a nice long deep scratch down the side. As they drive away, I see their back tailgate is dented from the cart. The nasty gouge down the side, in their black paint, sticks out like a sore thumb.

Dumb bitches, that will teach you.

:mad 040:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

2Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:42 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Serves 'em right. I HATE the selfish and lazy peeps that won't take two minutes to return carts where they belong. and... goo

3Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

thats just messed up

4Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:45 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

And doing that makes you better than them? Vindicates you? For what? The sixty seconds or less it would have taken for you to move the cart so it would not be in anyone's way?

This scenario of yours has happened to many of us in parking lots (mind you I wouldn't be caught dead anywhere near the vicinity of a Giant Tiger) and instead of being mean wittle children we move the damned cart and not move it behind another vehicle.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

5Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Actually in that GT parking lots is a bank, doctors office, dental office, Canad Inns Head Office, Insurance company etc etc....

6Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Goth_chic wrote:Actually in that GT parking lots is a bank, doctors office, dental office, Canad Inns Head Office, Insurance company etc etc....

....and very angry men.

7Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:51 pm

SuperNaut

SuperNaut

Miz point wrote:And doing that makes you better than them? Vindicates you? For what? The sixty seconds or less it would have taken for you to move the cart so it would not be in anyone's way?

This scenario of yours has happened to many of us in parking lots (mind you I wouldn't be caught dead anywhere near the vicinity of a Giant Tiger) and instead of being mean wittle children we move the damned cart and not move it behind another vehicle.
Cough, Cough, Bullshit, Cough...
LOL @ Miz Pointless

8Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I don't mind Giant Tiger, with the money I save I can afford to take trips, have 2 vehicles, a ton of investments and a house that is paid off. Smile

9Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Miz point wrote:
Goth_chic wrote:Actually in that GT parking lots is a bank, doctors office, dental office, Canad Inns Head Office, Insurance company etc etc....

....and very angry men.

Yes and a few women who I thought were men...

10Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Goth_chic wrote:
Miz point wrote:

....and very angry men.

Must be some strange folks living in the Maples.....

11Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Miz point wrote:
Goth_chic wrote:
Miz point wrote:

....and very angry men.

More strange looking folks living in the north end I'd say.

12Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:56 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

I would have done that to anybody today. I'm tired of picking up after other lazy people, would not have mattered who they were. Female, Male, Indian, African, even the IRISH, I would have pushed that cart, just like I did to the 2 fat women today.

Time for people to wake up, and stop being so selfish and fricking lazy.

13Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:56 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Serves 'em right. I HATE the selfish and lazy peeps that won't take two minutes to return carts where they belong. and... goo

Exactly. Some people are so damn rude. You should try Superstore sometime GOM...some of the rudest people shop there.

14Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:58 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Miz point wrote:
Goth_chic wrote:
Miz point wrote:

....and very angry men.

Freeman, she's on to you.

15Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

had the same thing happen to me one time. But i was not in as nice a mood as LD.
But at least they were not so stupid as to wreck their own vehicle

LD.. too bad you never thought to take down the license number. Then you could have called it into MPI for them to watch for an accident report that was 100% far from the truth

16Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:07 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:had the same thing happen to me one time. But i was not in as nice a mood as LD.
But at least they were not so stupid as to wreck their own vehicle

LD.. too bad you never thought to take down the license number. Then you could have called it into MPI for them to watch for an accident report that was 100% far from the truth

Damn.. I did not think of that. I wish I had.

Next time.

17Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Some pretty nasty personal remarks again here from GC - a Moderator no less. Grumpy - isn't that the kind of behavior that GC pretends to selectively sherrif?
But GC, congratualtions for finding another opportunity to tell everybody about your trips, investments and cars. I especially enjoy knowing about where you're making dinner reservations for next month. We feel so privileged to know (about) you.
On the subject of parking lot cart-abandonment - what Living Dead encountered (created) was an akward moment which they didn't know how to respond (but to get in their car) due likely to the admitted "angry tone". I think a smile and a request would have gotten the desired result. That being them moving the cart - rather than a confrontation or fight. You usually get what you work towards.

18Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Thanks Jondo I aim to please and if you feel any post is nasty then please report it using the feature on your lower right hand side. Smile

19Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:29 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I doubt I would have been pleasant in that case either. It is trivial to be sure but I am tired of the selfishness of a few peeps. What would have happened had LD not seen these lazy peeps place their cart behind his car?

20Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

I just did report it above. Thanks for taking it into consideration. That should do it (hopefully)

21Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Well, I tend to make sure there are no carts or children behind my vehicle before I engage. Even then - I reverse slowly so I can detect contact with anything. Of course there are jackasses out there - lot's of them. A person could pick a dozen fights every day they venture into public. I used to be like LD but then I realized it accomplishes nothing. If it's results you're looking for - the smile/request method has proven a winner - for me anyway.

Last edited by Jondo on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

22Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:45 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Jondo wrote:Well, I tend to make sure there are no carts or children behind my vehicle before I engage. Even then - I reverse slowly so I can detect contact with anything. Of course there are jackasses out there - lot's of them. A person could pick a dozen fights every day they venture into public. I used to be like LD but then I realized it accomplishes nothing. If it's results your looking for - the smile/request method has proven a winner - for me anyway.

I don't normally do what I did, but today's incident pissed me off. Today i could care less about asking nicely. I simply moved their discarded cart back to its last known location.

I would not have hit it, and then continued to keep backing up on it. I cant recall ever seeing anyone ever do that. Until today that is.

23Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:49 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Jondo wrote:Some pretty nasty personal remarks again here from GC - a Moderator no less. Grumpy - isn't that the kind of behavior that GC pretends to selectively sherrif?
But GC, congratualtions for finding another opportunity to tell everybody about your trips, investments and cars. I especially enjoy knowing about where you're making dinner reservations for next month. We feel so privileged to know (about) you.
On the subject of parking lot cart-abandonment - what Living Dead encountered (created) was an akward moment which they didn't know how to respond (but to get in their car) due likely to the admitted "angry tone". I think a smile and a request would have gotten the desired result. That being them moving the cart - rather than a confrontation or fight. You usually get what you work towards.

I've just read and re-read this entire thread. The only nasty person seems to be Supernaut, and even what he said is not bad.

I think maybe the Admin should take away our edit feature, that way we can all stand behind our words and be accountable.

24Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:52 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

I understand LD - especially the part about them continuing to run over it and damage their own vehicle. It just demonstrates how much you scared them. That was my point.

25Giant Tiger Empty Re: Giant Tiger Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:55 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Jondo wrote:I understand LD - especially the part about them continuing to run over it and damage their own vehicle. It just demonstrates how much you scared them. That was my point.

I doubt very much that they were scared by little old me. Each woman was easily 3 x my weight and 5 inches taller. By the looks of them I'd say they beat their husbands weekly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum