the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winnipeg Cops lying through their teeth again...

+16
Jondo
LivingDead
tick
Mantha
Bartron
Deank
AdamX
Freeman
EdWin
rosencrentz
grumpy old man
Miz point
death128
Outsider
JT Estoban
grumpyrom
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

GGF

major-contributor
major-contributor

AcesAces which one of the videos are you referring to because the one I saw on TV in Victoria is where one of the cops had a person on his knees and the second one came from the other side and tackled the person down and started to kick and knee that person etc...GGF

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I just found out why the cop was beating him.

He was saying dot dot dot and dot dot dot...and dot dot dot...over and over and over again... gom

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

holly golightly wrote:Here's a thought for all to ponder...in these videos, we never really seem to hear what is going on...so quick to judge without all the facts...yes maybe the pictures of what the cops are doing is wrong, but without audio we truly don't know the whole story do we???
Not saying this will ultimately justify why these cops did what they did, but it will fill in a lot of the blanks in a story that is without audio to accompany it.

which is exactly why all police should have video and audio recording running at all times that records the stuff around them.

Cops justified in a beating, rough handling of a suspect... no story. Cops not justified in beating, 100% proof, cops disciplined

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

I just watched it on YouTube.
Here's what I saw:

Two officers (in blue) were wrestling with one suspect trying to get him to lie down, it appeared whoever it was was not complying, and another officer (in yellow) came up between them and pushed him with his boot to the ground.

A "witness" seemed to approach the officer in yellow and told him "Hey, this guy was one of them too", to which the officer told the guy who was pointed at to "get on the ground".

That guy sat on the ground, and the officer in yellow appeared to tell him something, perhaps to lie on his stomach, which the guy kept trying to talk rather than comply....

At that moment, one of the officers in blue from before came over and pushed the guy who was sitting over to try and roll him on his stomach...but the guy kept trying to roll on his back or side.

The cop in yellow kneed this suspect in the back and said something (most likely to get face down), and the guy looked like he tried to roll backwards again, when the cop in yellow kneed him again...again saying something...which seemed like "get your hands behind your back"...and when the guy stopped fighting, and put his 2nd hand behind his back, they cuffed him and walked away.

That's at the 2nd link posted above.

http://www.photage.ca

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:
holly golightly wrote:Here's a thought for all to ponder...in these videos, we never really seem to hear what is going on...so quick to judge without all the facts...yes maybe the pictures of what the cops are doing is wrong, but without audio we truly don't know the whole story do we???
Not saying this will ultimately justify why these cops did what they did, but it will fill in a lot of the blanks in a story that is without audio to accompany it.

which is exactly why all police should have video and audio recording running at all times that records the stuff around them.

Cops justified in a beating, rough handling of a suspect... no story. Cops not justified in beating, 100% proof, cops disciplined

But lawyers (defense on either side) won't use a "whole" tape as a defense.
They will take the context that justifies THEIR case...and nobody would ever get convicted.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Pav you said:

Yes there are lots of things we do not hear or see before we make judgement . Thank You for pointing it out too Good Post!

And the problem for me is simple and it is because the "System By Design" is there in the way it is for no one in the "Public" to fully see or understand what truly happened...and...

And that's because the "System" in not transparent to the public...GGF

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

seems reasonable

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

AGEsAces wrote:
Deank wrote:

They will take the context that justifies THEIR case...and nobody would ever get convicted.

but I would not allow that.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

AcesAces you said:

And the reason is simple...First and foremost the Cops are suppose to know better in the first place instead of doing what some of them do...GGF

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

My other point AcesAces we don't as a society pay our criminals but we do have cops as employees and or pay cops to be cops...and...

And therefore society has the right to be Judge, Jury and witnesses...and...

And therefore also "Should" be able to hold any of the cops accountable for what ever they do or don't do...and...

And the problem right now in my opinion is we as a society are not forcing cops to be accountable...and...

And therefore we are actually telling the cops that they are above the law...GGF

Anonymous

Oh bullshit.

Look at the video. It speaks for itself.

The guy is on tyhe ground and the cop comes over and starts to kick him

I suggest you see an optometrist. Your eyes seem to be off.

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

No GGF...you're missing the point...

I agree that there must a system for dealing with criminals...
and that yes, our law enforcement should be held to a higher standard when it comes to dealing with them...but

If we expect our law enforcement to work to a higher standard...we should expect people of a higher caliber to perform those duties...yet

we keep lowering the standards required to allow people to become cops...
we keep lowering the standards of cops to maintain their jobs...
we keep limiting the tools available for the cops to use to do their jobs...which just protects the criminals further...

Cops are accountable just by the fact that they are "on the books".

Criminals are not...they know the cops have "rules" to follow, and will do anything they can to get those cops to "bend" the rules, so they can get sympathy for their case.

What NEEDS to happen in a case like this, is every person in that video needs to be identified and interviewed.
Anyone else who may have been there needs to be identified and interviewed.
A full investigation needs to be completed to determine why the cops were there, and what provoked the situation.

Was it just lack of compliance? or did the suspects do something else?

Also, was there PERMANENT injury?
Getting a couple knees in the back is far different than a Rodney King beating.

And my REAL question...

From what I read in the article posted...those two suspects were involved in beating someone else...who apparently is not cooperating with police.

I wonder why that is? Is he afraid the people know who he is and would beat him worse?

I seriously doubt either of the two guys in the video are afraid the cops are going to come find them and beat them up some more...THAT is where the real difference is between the (most) cops and the criminals.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

AcesAces you said:

I agree that there must a system for dealing with criminals...

There is a system in place to deal with criminals already...

I agree with you that lowering the standards for cops to become cops is wrong...and...

You said:

Cops are accountable just by the fact that they are "on the books".

That is a bunch of crap Aces and let me offer this to you...I have right now and from not one but two cops "2 sets of photocopied Cops Log Book" that was provided to me by the crown in my case...and...

And they are full of "White Out" which by the way Aces it is "Illegal To Alter A Log Book in Canada"...and...

And Aces you said:

I seriously doubt either of the two guys in the video are afraid the cops are going to come find them and beat them up some more...THAT is where the real difference is between the (most) cops and the criminals.

And I say to you Aces Oh really now?...Because in my case I have plenty of evidence that the same cops escalated this situation of mine to what it is today...GGF

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

GGF wrote:Because in my case I have plenty of evidence that the same cops escalated this situation of mine to what it is today...GGF

I thought you said the charges were dropped.

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

GG...you just answered your own questions.

1) whiteout means little...cause whiteout can be scraped off for information if needed (incidentally, the crown isn't allowed to release logbooks that haven't been edited to just anyone...most whiteout points are to protect privacy of individuals names or information)
2) the cops have a LOGBOOK!!! gee...let's go ask the criminals if they have one?
3) I don't know your situation...but either you've found the two worst cops in history, or something seems odd about the "evidence".

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Freeman you said:

I have never said that the mischief enjoyment of property charges were dropped yet...GGF

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

GGF wrote:Freeman you said:

I have never said that the mischief enjoyment of property charges were dropped yet...GGF

No,no you didn`t, so the charges are still pending even after your court appearance. Guess the judge wasn`t convinced.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

AcesAces you said:

GG...you just answered your own questions.

1) whiteout means little...cause whiteout can be scraped off for information if needed (incidentally, the crown isn't allowed to release logbooks that haven't been edited to just anyone...most whiteout points are to protect privacy of individuals names or information)
2) the cops have a LOGBOOK!!! gee...let's go ask the criminals if they have one?
3) I don't know your situation...but either you've found the two worst cops in history, or something seems odd about the "evidence".

1) White out in a log book means something has been altered which is the log book which once again it is "Illegal in Canada to Alter a Log Book"...So it should mean a lot because the cops committed an illegal activity...and...

2)And once again we as a society pay cops to be cops...and...

And we don't pay criminals so yeah we shouldn't as a society expect criminals to carry log books...and...

And also because if we as a society could get our criminals to carry log books wouldn't we be better off getting our criminals to not be criminals in the first place instead?...and...

3)Anytime you want to see the evidence Aces I will be more than happy to show you or anyone else as I have done so many times already...GGF

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Freeman you said:

No,no you didn`t, so the charges are still pending even after your court appearance. Guess the judge wasn`t convinced.

a)Because you are such a nice guy Freeman my thread relating to the subject matter is "Locked"...and...

b)And it is your loss dude because I know what I know and you do not...and...

c)And or all my friends and or many, many others do...GGF

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Your thread I thought GOM explained that to you. No worry, its all a matter of public record.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

@GGF, Good to see that you were able to squeeze your saga into another thread. Remember, this is not about you.

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Troll

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I thought I was a thrall?

GGF

GGF
major-contributor
major-contributor

Freeman you said:

Your thread I thought GOM explained that to you. No worry, its all a matter of public record.

a)The only way this will become public record Freeman is if it goes to "Trial" which is exactly what I did which is force it to go to trial as a result of my insistence that it does because I do want this to become "Public Record" and I did this as a result of not excepting a plea bargain to go into mediation with the nut neighbor and therefore have the cops justified or other and finally for the record an "Actual Trial Date Was Set Recently"...and...

b)And this is Thread is about Cops Lying through their teeth again...and...

c)And why on earth is Freeman turning this into something else is beyond me because I do have cops that did what they did etc...and...

d)And if you want to see the evidence come on down and meet with me already and I will show you just like I have so many others already...GGF

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Holy Keeeerriiissttt already. Anyone else tired of this? Please, just let it go.

Anonymous

And the circle go's round and round .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum