the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

first nations may be sued by their own lawyers.

+3
JT Estoban
Freeman
Deank
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Deank wrote:
Pavolo wrote:There is an international accord on Native Rights the Americans signed we did not , hence they were trying to show him that Canada was not as good as it should be when it came to Natives . Will find you the link later.

which has what exactly to do with lobbying the new Obama administration for more control over oil and mineral rights?

Obama is not the president of Canada he is not in any position to GRANT any control over anything. AND this has nothing at all to do with a pipeline carrying oil and gas from another province.

Yes it doe,s if you understand that they want Obama to pressure Harper to sign the deal too , and give them the same rights as some US bands get to the wealth of the land they life on

Anonymous

Saying that they should pay their bills as it makes it harder to take them seriously if they don,t .

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I say maybe they should begin paying their bills before lobbying others to "live up to their obligations"...

Then of course there is that niggling little detail like who really has rights to what lands...

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Ha! Great minds think alike?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Or fools seldom differ?

Hmmmm.

Anonymous

first nations may be sued by their own lawyers. - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote:There is an international accord on Native Rights the Americans signed we did not , hence they were trying to show him that Canada was not as good as it should be when it came to Natives . Will find you the link later.

Waiting, ever so patiently.

Who did they send to DC to lobby the US President? Specifics please.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

For the money spent I'd say dozens of VIPs went.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

And who might those VIP's include? nudge, nudge

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Chief Redcloud. Redcloud's wife. Redcloud's second cousin once removed. Redcloud's best friend. Redcloud's broker. Redcloud's...

Anonymous

Freeman wrote:

Waiting, ever so patiently.

Who did they send to DC to lobby the US President? Specifics please.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/chiefs_hope_obama_will_listen.html
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/natives-lose-bid-to-stop-pipelines-44869032.html
http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/unpfii/en/drip.html

Sorry I was wrong they did not sign the later but are rumored to be going to as Obama has assigned Natives to some high positions in his Administration. This is why they went and who knows it may pay off for them down the line . Course our coward of a PM has to come home first funny he has been away a lot lately since proroguing Parliament

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

from the oh so masterful UN declaration.

"Affirming further that all doctrines, policies and practices based on or advocating superiority of peoples or individuals on the basis of national origin or racial, religious, ethnic or cultural differences are racist, scientifically false, legally invalid, morally condemnable and socially unjust,
"

"Recognizing also the urgent need to respect and promote the rights of indigenous peoples affirmed in treaties, agreements and other constructive arrangements with States,"

dont you just love it when something comes along that has two completely contradictory statements in it?

Anonymous

Fcuk Obama and a special fcuk to the UN. first nations may be sued by their own lawyers. - Page 2 190

....and a small one to you Pav, for calling the PM a coward. You're full of crap....and I say that with all due respect of course. Wink

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Sorry I was wrong they did not sign the later but are rumored to be going to as Obama has assigned Natives to some high positions in his Administration. This is why they went and who knows it may pay off for them down the line . Course our coward of a PM has to come home first funny he has been away a lot lately since proroguing Parliament

So, back to it, what was the point of the trip?

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote:Sorry I was wrong they did not sign the later but are rumored to be going to as Obama has assigned Natives to some high positions in his Administration. This is why they went and who knows it may pay off for them down the line . Course our coward of a PM has to come home first funny he has been away a lot lately since proroguing Parliament

So I guess Obama is a coward for not signing as well?

When was this excursion? Just trying to understand the timelines with the prorogation of Parliament?

Is there a link?

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So, let me get this straight. First Nations challenge the construction of the pipeline, and so, Enbridge, who are behind the pipeline, give them $1,000,000 to ensure that they have "adequate representation", and the First Nations take some of the money and have a trip to DC to lobby Obama to pressure Canada to sign an agreement, which they (ObamaLand) haven't subscribed to either. And by the way, they don't pay the lawyers which represent them on the pipeline deal and for which they specifically received the money. Have I missed anything?

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

That about sums it up. >.<

Anonymous

To bad you are so narrow minded Freeman that you can only see what you want to see.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

There you go again Pav. No arugment, no discussion, no facts, not even a hint of a rebuttal, but you immediately take a personal shot.

Why not just try to debate and discuss without getting pissy about it?

Anonymous

The point was made and if you want to debate go ahead , this is where you should prove that Obama did not listen to them .

Anonymous

JTF wrote:Fcuk Obama and a special fcuk to the UN. first nations may be sued by their own lawyers. - Page 2 190

....and a small one to you Pav, for calling the PM a coward. You're full of crap....and I say that with all due respect of course. Wink
And taken as such but still I ask why has he been away for so much since the dismissal of parliament , is he scared to face the questions um mm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote:The point was made and if you want to debate go ahead , this is where you should prove that Obama did not listen to them .

What point was made? You said that the excursion was intended to lobby Obama to pressure Canada to accept the resolution, but your own research, after the fact, was that Obamaland didn't adopt it either. The thread is about the non payment of legal fees, and the money that was given was for legal fees, but was used, in part, for a trip to DC. So what is the point?

Why is the onus on me to prove that Obama did not listen to them, when you have provided not a single iota of proof that he listened to them? Quite frankly, even if they had an audience with anyone of authority in DC, it still does not provide any justification for not paying their bills when they were given money specifically for that purpose. How's that for a point?

Next insult please!

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

Heh... during a conversation with one of my brothers who plays 'settlers of catan' he mentioned that they dismissed the rule of trading during the game which makes the game more fun... He has also mentioned that people will buy his product just because it will be the best out there...

I couldn't help but laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh...

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I think the problem with Aboriginals is "the lawyers"!

http://www.elansofas.com

Anonymous

http://www.farmers-national.com/Oil_and_Gas_Management/Oil_and_Gas_Lease_with_surface_provisions/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8344449.stm
http://www.intertribaltimes.com/canada/canadian-chiefs-deliver-warning-to-obama%E2%80%99s-transition-team/
1 Shows the standard lease in Oklahoma which pays the farmer for the use of his land and shows that natives should and desearve the same . From what I understand the arangment is not all that different here for our farmers .
2 Shows that he did and doe,s have an understanding for their problem and will try to make it better for American Natives , which the Canadian Natives are trying to get Harper to do with more then lip service .
3 Shows what was said to Obama and do not be surprised if it happens .
And I will not insult you when you take back or with draw your insult about my integrity and knowledge , which i know is more on this subject then you have . For you have no idea who I am and what I have done . And for who Tell me what gives you the right to to insult me when you do not know this .
Also never call or insinuate me as a bsser least you have the balls to do it to my face .
While your at it have a nice day

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:And I will not insult you when you take back or with draw your insult about my integrity and knowledge , which i know is more on this subject then you have . For you have no idea who I am and what I have done . And for who Tell me what gives you the right to to insult me when you do not know this .
Also never call or insinuate me as a bsser least you have the balls to do it to my face .
While your at it have a nice day
Ahhh, fer crying out loud pav, threats? FYI... The guy is twice yer size. Heh heh Best be careful when calling people out.

Seriously speaking though, we won't be havin' threats here in the sandbox.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum