the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Addiction Centre Cuts

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:28 am

Anonymous

cheerio!

Last edited by LennyJessop on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fear of GOM)

2Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:32 am

Anonymous

Winpark Dorchester Properties eh....they sure have taken a nose-dive in their business plan. I have no sympathy for them at all.

3Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Is there another connection between Winpark Dorchester, other than the guy works there?

4Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:27 am

Anonymous

He / Dorchester want the government to pay for his facilities after the fact.

He should have been involving the government before he opened up this type of business.

5Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

JTF wrote:He / Dorchester want the government to pay for his facilities after the fact.

He should have been involving the government before he opened up this type of business.

no no JTF you are forgetting the mantra that seems so popular in Winnipeg

If you build it
they will fund.

6Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 am

Anonymous

Last edited by LennyJessop on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fear)

7Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:36 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

because he thinks he can play on the NDP gimme attitude.

Interesting... invested $1 mill in the properties eh? one has to one if his ROI is valued in terms of money or terms of good feelings.

8Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:46 am

Anonymous

Last edited by LennyJessop on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Ok, I get that part, but when you say "he", is "he" doing this as part of Dorchester or as someone trying to set up these places? I guess the root of my question is wheter this is being done just to support properties owned by Dorchester that would otherwise not be generating income, or is it a true effort to provide second stage housing to recovering addicts.

10Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

LennyJessop wrote:
Freeman wrote:Is there another connection between Winpark Dorchester, other than the guy works there?

The Rabb guy owns Winpark Dorchester along with his brother, and runs 3 sober living homes. The problem is he claims he cannot afford to pay for 2 additional staff members, yet he opened up 2 new sober homes in 2009. Something isn't right. Going by logic, if you cannot afford to maintain one home (he has been claiming for 18 months), why open up 2 others a few months ago?

the article refers to him as the General Manager, is it true that he is actually an owner of Winpark Dorchester?

11Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:26 pm

Anonymous

Freeman wrote:
LennyJessop wrote:
Freeman wrote:Is there another connection between Winpark Dorchester, other than the guy works there?

The Rabb guy owns Winpark Dorchester along with his brother, and runs 3 sober living homes. The problem is he claims he cannot afford to pay for 2 additional staff members, yet he opened up 2 new sober homes in 2009. Something isn't right. Going by logic, if you cannot afford to maintain one home (he has been claiming for 18 months), why open up 2 others a few months ago?

the article refers to him as the General Manager, is it true that he is actually an owner of Winpark Dorchester?
Well technically his brother is the owner, I'm not sure is he co-owns the company or just works for his brother.

12Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Anonymous

Last edited by LennyJessop on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:32 pm

Anonymous

If he was just an employee of this company and doing it on his own, I very much doubt that he would have acquired the million required for this business.

I'm sure if he worked at Safeway, his employment wouldn't be mentioned.

14Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:55 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

How does someone invest a million dollars in a for-profit project like this??
A million dollars for what??
Does anyone know anything accurate about this ? Or is this just another "bashing" a person for the sake of bashing a person?

http://www.elansofas.com

15Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:59 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Rosie.. check it out. He still rents the apartments to the people.

So in reality its $1 million for rental units.. with money from gov thrown in for monitoring people.

16Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:23 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I notice that it is a not-for-profit residence for $300-$495 per month per room. The houses look pretty nice, and I wonder if this is an off shoot of the rental or real estate company that took old clunker homes and converted them into a very good idea for helping out addicts?
A non - profit agency has some very stringent operating regulations! I don't know what these rules have in regards to drawing salaries, but I would think that financial statements are public knowledge.

http://www.elansofas.com

17Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:29 pm

Anonymous

The not-for-profit aspect is questionable imo.

If he was, indeed, a non-profit, he would have had to have funding in place before he opened wouldn't he?

Hell, I have a side-by-side rental that I could claim is non-profit. Smile

18Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Anonymous

............................of it?

19Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Anonymous

20Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:43 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

LennyJessop wrote:All I can say about this is I know a lot more about this situation that I am prepared to mention. Let's just say I know this individual, and don't think much of him....

LennyJessop wrote:3. Hypothetically speaking, suppose the owner of a sober living house routinely goes on clothing spending sprees for Ed Harvey brand name clothing, sometimes dropping $800-900 at one sitting, while claiming to be in financial peril, what would you make of it?
I fear an agenda behind these posts.

What exactly is your concern? Is something illegal going on? Is something immoral going on?

Maybe I'm thick. What am I missing?

21Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Anonymous

I doubt that all the houses together from Portage to Westminister are not worth that much.

Seems to me that this guy is blowing smoke outta his ass and the 'reporter' is inhaling heavily.

edit added not

Last edited by JTF on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

22Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Anonymous

JTF wrote:I doubt that all the houses together from Portage to Westminister are worth that much.

Seems to me that this guy is blowing smoke outta his ass and the 'reporter' is inhaling heavily.

this is just one house....

23Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:55 pm

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:I fear an agenda behind these posts.

What exactly is your concern? Is something illegal going on? Is something immoral going on?

Maybe I'm thick. What am I missing?

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Lenny knows of this guy and reads a story in the paper about him

The story seems to be a crock based on his experience.

Whattsa problem?

When I read the story without knowing the guy, I felt there was something funny going on, as I've posted.

24Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Anonymous

rosencrentz wrote:I notice that it is a not-for-profit residence for $300-$495 per month per room. The houses look pretty nice, and I wonder if this is an off shoot of the rental or real estate company that took old clunker homes and converted them into a very good idea for helping out addicts?
A non - profit agency has some very stringent operating regulations! I don't know what these rules have in regards to drawing salaries, but I would think that financial statements are public knowledge.

That was the late Rev. Harry Lehotsky of New Life Ministries. I met him a couple of times in 2004, a really nice guy originally from New York, who turned his life around, and chose to stay in the West End and help the people.

The non-profit company you were thinking of woould be Lazarus Housing. They gutted crack houses and apartments, fixed them up, and sold them to low income residents (single mothers, handicapped people, etc.). He suddenly passed away in 2006, but I believe he was awarded the Order of Canada shortly before his death.

25Addiction Centre Cuts Empty Re: Addiction Centre Cuts Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Is this the landlord that LJ had trouble with after the fire?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum