the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Israel harvested organs from bodies, including Palestinians, in 1990s without permission

+6
tick
Deank
Mantha
Miz point
Goth_chic
Triniman
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Goth_chic

uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Things were not like that when I was in school. The junior high I attended was full of Jewish kids and the majority of my friends are Jewish. I never once witnessed anyone teased because of religion.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:The Israeli's NOT THE JEWS.. the Israeli's... admit to the practice. This news story is from an Israeli television station, not a Triniman one.

Trinimans question of if this horrific practice, practice by a government on its own people, would be in the new museum is a valid one.

Who do you think for the most part the Israelis are and how do you think this would read to those folks who are not Jewish? I mean come on guys, you always spout off about how the past should remain the past in terms of certain things....so why jump on this.....really, what does it achieve?

FYI, I could not care less about corpses......it only seems to be the living that care about that....I believe in giving a damn about the living, not the dead.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

Miz point wrote: Excuse me but Holocaust History was my major in University. I wrote and reseached many papers regarding lack of Jewish resistance, the uses of propaganda a la Julius Streicher and on and on....

Had you taken an anatomy course in University, you would have recognized that my tongue was planted in my cheek when I made my remarks. Wink

http://yaciuk.blogspot.com

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Goth_chic wrote:Things were not like that when I was in school. The junior high I attended was full of Jewish kids and the majority of my friends are Jewish. I never once witnessed anyone teased because of religion.
as

Goth, I went to school in the Mennonite Zone....and what I went through was a lot more serious than garden variety teasing. What I went through shaped me in terms of my future academic endeavours.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

"Who do you think for the most part the Israelis are and how do you think this would read to those folks who are not Jewish?"

Well, it's a newstory. For the most part, people are intelligent enough to make up their own minds about issues.

If you have a problem with the story, contact the Free Press. Of course, it didn't start there.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Mantha wrote:
Miz point wrote: Excuse me but Holocaust History was my major in University. I wrote and reseached many papers regarding lack of Jewish resistance, the uses of propaganda a la Julius Streicher and on and on....

Had you taken an anatomy course in University, you would have recognized that my tongue was planted in my cheek when I made my remarks. Wink

No, but I do recognize that your head is planted in your ass....

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

I dunno, it was pretty clear to me that Mantha was just joking. Perhaps not in good taste, but joking nonetheless.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Who do you think for the most part the Israelis are "

I would say that for the most part Israelis are Israeli.

Unless you want to start bring a persons Religion into it, then I would say the number is around 75% indentify as Jewish with that number spread over traditional, secular, orthadox and Ultra Orthadox, and of course nonpracticing. These many jewish religions are quite different in nature in regards to certain aspects of governing ones life.

It was not THE JEWS that did this, it was the Israeli's. Miz P, you really need to stop trying to blame the Jews for this one. much like when Canada went into Afghanistan, it was not the Protestants or Catholics or Christians coming in it was the Canadians even though 77% of us are in fact Christian. Thats right a greater percentage of Canadians are sort of one faith, that the percentage of Israeli's are sorta one faith.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Excuse me??? I am not blaming the Jews for anything.....being that I am Jewish I find that statment to be rather stupid.....I am positing here if you took the friggin time to read that some folks out there would use a story like this to Jew bait....christ almighty but some of you are thick.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"I wrote and reseached many papers regarding lack of Jewish resistance, the uses of propaganda a la Julius Streicher and on and on....."

I would actually like to read some of that. I find it baffling that there seem to be so few widely documented cases of Jewish resistance and more out there cases of Jewish leaders assisting the Germans and such. As someone who has extensively studied and read WW II it was always something that annoyed me, this big gaping hole of information. Recently there have been more and more cases coming to the light, heck even some major movies, but still, huge hole of information there.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Took me months to research that one question and it goes back to a culture that was encouraged to negotiate as we had done historically for eons....the Nazis changed what had been accepted, negotiation, and artfully tricked many. If one goes into Torah and Talmudic teachings one sees a pattern of bargaining/negotiating....perhaps that is why many of us go into legal studies. Perhaps that is why most of the great philosophers and various other thinkers in say, the last two hundred or so years, are of a Jewish background.....

tick

tick
contributor plus
contributor plus

you poohtown ragamuffins are so cute.
suprised that the rich are differant.
twas on xfiles years ago. shanghai gambling den, hundreds of carousers.
winner gets $20,000 .. loser wakes up without a liver. ..
truth is always bigger then fiction.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Was wondering when the resident assclown was gonna weigh in with his nuggets of shite...like duh, we are talking about cadavers here, not live folks who have been drugged (look into complaints by Indian workers in KSA) only to find that when they wake up they have a few hundred dollars on them and are missing a kidney.

tick

tick
contributor plus
contributor plus

i love you too.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Miz point wrote:
Goth_chic wrote:Things were not like that when I was in school. The junior high I attended was full of Jewish kids and the majority of my friends are Jewish. I never once witnessed anyone teased because of religion.
as

Goth, I went to school in the Mennonite Zone....and what I went through was a lot more serious than garden variety teasing. What I went through shaped me in terms of my future academic endeavours.

Ahhh I see. I grew up in the north end but moved to Garden City while in grade 7. I attended Jefferson Jr High and we had alot of Jewish kids. I remember going to dances at Shaarey Zedek and having a blast.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I gotta say I never experienced Jew-baiting in school either and I went to Earl Grey and Kelvin...

I also don't sense any Jew-baiting intended in this thread. What I do sense is typical Triniman CHRM-baiting.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Once again, urban vs. rural experiences. I concur with you GOM however on your assessment and I for one am getting tired of certain ploys because they are as transparent as saran wrap.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Every time there is human rights related newsstory, you can bet that people will be asking how the rights museum will handle the issue.

Supporters actually look forward to the museum tackling difficult issues.

Here's what the Free Press' Dan Lett had to say, Dec. 14, 2009, Dallas offers Winnipeg lesson in arts funding

"Some people have attacked the very idea of this museum, complaining
that it will be wracked with controversy as it attempts to dissect
intractable human rights issue. We should be so lucky. With each
controversy, more people will clamour to see what all the fuss is
about."

You can spin my intentions any way you want, but that's won't stop some people from clamoring to see what all the fuss is about.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

And to that I say bullshit. What the frick has that quote to do with the story at hand? You spin this to suit your jackass racist agenda. If that story had been about Britons instead of Israelis you'd of ignored it. Your bias is as plain to see as the nose on your face.

There is no doubt the museum will have a challenge keeping detractors (read knobs) such as you at bay crying foul every opportunity they can.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

GOM, please stop calling people racist when they clearly aren't. I have yet to see any racist comments by Triniman. The only racist comments I have seen so far are from Tick. Just because you and Triniman don't agree doesn't mean you can call people names or accuse them of being racist. Some people on this forum seem to suffer from persecution mania. Enough already. I am soooo FRICKEN sick of the race card being played. Please disagree without resorting to personal attacks and name calling.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Hang on there sport. It is my perception that triniman's agenda is racist. Agree with me or don't. Whatever.

So you and I'll will disagree on this issue. I will continue posting exactly as I have as long as Triniman keeps up his racist agenda.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Goth_chic wrote:GOM, please stop calling people racist when they clearly aren't. I have yet to see any racist comments by Triniman. The only racist comments I have seen so far are from Tick. Just because you and Triniman don't agree doesn't mean you can call people names or accuse them of being racist. Some people on this forum seem to suffer from persecution mania. Enough already. I am soooo FRICKEN sick of the race card being played. Please disagree without resorting to personal attacks and name calling.

Well said, again, Goth_chic. Thank you.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Hang on there sport. It is my perception that triniman's agenda is racist. Agree with me or don't. Whatever.

So you and I'll will disagree on this issue. I will continue posting exactly as I have as long as Triniman keeps up his racist agenda.

Please point out his racist agenda? My bf is Jewish and she reads this forum. I had her read this supposed racist thread and she couldn't find anything racist about it neither could her well educated husband. Please show me the racism. That's all I am asking. I am not taking sides here but I will not sit back and have posters attacked and called names because they don't agree with you or anyone else.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:I gotta say I never experienced Jew-baiting in school either and I went to Earl Grey and Kelvin...

I also don't sense any Jew-baiting intended in this thread. What I do sense is typical Triniman CHRM-baiting.

So you do not sense any Jew baiting in this thread yet Triniman is racist? Who is he racist against? Please explain. If you are going to accuse someone of having a racist agenda then please have proof of that agenda.

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

Goth_chic wrote: Some people on this forum seem to suffer from persecution mania. Enough already.

Israel harvested organs from bodies, including Palestinians, in 1990s without permission - Page 2 114687 Well said, Goth_chic!

http://yaciuk.blogspot.com

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Goth_chic wrote:Please point out his racist agenda? My bf is Jewish and she reads this forum. I had her read this supposed racist thread and she couldn't find anything racist about it neither could her well educated husband. Please show me the racism. That's all I am asking. I am not taking sides here but I will not sit back and have posters attacked and called names because they don't agree with you or anyone else.

Then I guess you are off base with your rant eh? But this is one thread.

But for you goth I'll repeat what I said a few posts ago: It is my perception that triniman's agenda is racist.

I don't need someone to tell me if something is racist or not. But since I'm not well educated I can't formulate my own opinion? Pulllleeeesssse!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum