the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winnipeg police officers save newborn plucked from toilet

+4
Miz point
EdWin
Freeman
grumpy old man
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

ctvwinnipeg.ca

Two police officers helped resuscitate a newborn on Sunday after a woman who didn't know she was pregnant suddenly gave birth to a baby in a toilet.

"I'm still in shock. I'm not supposed to have kids," says Heather Richard.

A day ago she didn't even know she was pregnant. On Sunday afternoon she came home in pain and went into the bathroom.

"It just fell out. At first I thought it was my intestines. I'm freaking out...but then it's a little boy," says Richard.

She started calling to her family outside.

"I guess she had the baby and it fell into the toilet and she was too shocked to do anything about it and she just started yelling to us," says Heather's brother Darrin.

Police were at the residence in the Flora Avenue and Andrews Street area to arrest the woman on outstanding warrants. They heard the noise and rushed into the washroom where the baby was unresponsive and in need of medical attention.

Officers began administering CPR and emergency services were called.

"I was thinking my nephew was going to die on me. All of a sudden police came to the door and save the baby and I was really thankful for that," says Darrin.

Heather also expressed gratitude for the officers' actions.

"Thank you. You saved my baby's life," says Heather.

Paramedics took baby Isaiah to hospital in critical condition with a skull fracture, likely from hitting the toilet. He's since been upgraded to stable condition, say police.

Heather had been told by doctors in the past that she was unable to have a baby and had already had three miscarriages. Isaiah weighs just over five pounds, says Heather.

CTV News has learned the officers credited with saving her baby's life first came to the house to talk to Heather about outstanding warrants for theft-related charges dating back a few years. Police say the warrants will be processed some time in the future.

Police also say the officers involved in saving the baby won't be available to talk because they work undercover and appearing publicly could jeopardize their work.

A police spokesman says he's sure the officers will remember the incident for some time.

"This will be the highlight in their careers, I'm sure," says Const. Jason Michalyshen.

- with a report from CTV's Kelly Dehn

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

This borders on the most bizarre yet...
"It just fell out. At first I thought it was my intestines. I'm freaking out...but then it's a little boy," says Richard.

So along with this complete moron, her two bozo brothers simply stood around staring at the baby whose head was UNDER water. They were "too shocked" to do anything.

If not for pure serendipity the baby likely would be dead now. Two police officers just happened to arrive at that moment with an arrest warrant for that genius mother. They saved the baby, no thanks to the twits in the house.

Now one police officer faces medical uncertainty as she gave mouth-to-mouth to the baby after pulling her out of the toilet water.

Let's hope that baby never reenters the lives of those idiots ever again...

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Having never been through the experience personally, but been close at hand during 2 of them (which amazingly resulted in 4 children, go ahead, do the math), I am completely dumbfounded on how anyone that far along could not know they were pregnant? WOuld those who have been through it personally, please enlighten? Can pregnancy in the 3rd trimester be confused with the effects of bad Mexican food?

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Hmm, wasn't there a story similar to this not too long ago, where a fifteen year old girl left a baby in a Walmart toilet, claiming she didn't know she was pregnant either? Yeah, sure. Intelligent people don't buy that story. This is truly disgusting behavior.

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Why do the stupid breed more?

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Freeman, its actually more common then most people think. some women even sortof have periods whilst pregnant.. or at least confuse spotting with their periods.

But you have to wonder. The baby just happened to be born when the officers showed up? more bets it was the stress of the officers showing up that caused it.

but yeah the baby's feet sticking out of the water thing... thats fricked up. how stupid are some people? How potentially messed up is the officer that performed CPR?

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Miz point wrote:Why do the stupid breed more?

Cause they are too stupid to use birth control.

Since this biatch didn't know she was pregnant how much you wanna bet she just gave birth to a FAS future car thief?

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

And the one who just got arrested in the Death by Hummer episode is a baby daddy.....WTF!!!!

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Miz point wrote:And the one who just got arrested in the Death by Hummer episode is a baby daddy.....WTF!!!!

That doesn't shock me. Those little pukes breed like rabbits. They keep replenishing the car thief /criminal/gang member stock.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Tie her tubes and take that child away!

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

What amazing serendipity that the officers showed up at that time.

How the hell she didn't know she was pregnant escapes me.

Secondly, why are undercover officers serving warrants? Would that not expose them as under cover officers just as surely as appearing in public would?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

FlyingRat wrote:What amazing serendipity that the officers showed up at that time.

How the hell she didn't know she was pregnant escapes me.

Secondly, why are undercover officers serving warrants? Would that not expose them as under cover officers just as surely as appearing in public would?

not knowing is fairly common.

I was wondering the same thing about the undercover officers... but, it really depends what they go undercover for and what her crimes are. The undercover cops still need to do some sort of work whilst not actively undercover and serving warrants on people who are not involved in the same area of crime seems like a pretty reasonable thing for them to do.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

WTF?

click on teh winnipegsun story
http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/winnipeg/2009/12/16/12171941-sun.html#/news/winnipeg/2009/12/16/pf-12171941.html

click on the photos tab.
go to pics 5 and 7.

What the heck is that jar of yellow stuff sitting on the toilet?
And umm... like maybe clean the outside of the toilet a little better before allowing anyone to take your picture...mkay?

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Did you see her picture in the Sun today?

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:WTF?

click on teh winnipegsun story
http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/winnipeg/2009/12/16/12171941-sun.html#/news/winnipeg/2009/12/16/pf-12171941.html

click on the photos tab.
go to pics 5 and 7.

What the heck is that jar of yellow stuff sitting on the toilet?
And umm... like maybe clean the outside of the toilet a little better before allowing anyone to take your picture...mkay?

Gross....

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Goth_chic wrote:Did you see her picture in the Sun today?

yeah actually.. I think I know her. the first pics of her in the hospital threw me off but, the new pictures on the site today leads me to believe she is the sister of a friend. gonna ask around Smile

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

This exploitation by the media is disgusting. The story is disgusting. These kinds of people are disgusting. I am disgusted. We are getting to be known as a bunch of socially inept putzes outside of this town based on comments I have read in other civic news forums. I thought she wanted to get on with her life - yeah right, not until after she gets her fifteen minutes of fame right? Winnipeg police officers save newborn plucked from toilet 306762

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum