the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canadian national Anthem

+5
JT Estoban
holly golightly
grumpy old man
Deank
SMW
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Canadian national Anthem Empty Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Anonymous

Have you ever had goosebumps when hearing our national anthem? This has occured with me on at least 2 occasions:

In 2006 Western Conference Finals in (Edmonton vs Anaheim)

and who can forget this! February 24, 2002. Salt Lake City. Canada captures the Olympic Menès Hockey Gold for the first time in 50 years!

2Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:56 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Only when Jennifer Hanson (Hansen?) sang it at the Winnipeg Arena Smile

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

3Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:59 pm

Anonymous

SMW wrote:Only when Jennifer Hanson (Hansen?) sang it at the Winnipeg Arena Smile

4Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I get goose bumps and dang near cry every time I hear it.

5Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:20 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I too get very goose bumpyish - especially when a great rendition is rendered.

6Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:43 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

I too get teary eyed every time I hear our national anthem, especially when a young child sings it with as much emotion as can be given. I also get the same chills when I see or hear a military person sing it as there is always a sense of real patriotism that goes along with this.

7Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:47 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Wow....I remember her (what a dress!), wait a minute....I remember that arena....and that game!

Anyone know who the PA speaker was back in those days?

That guy saying/yelling "Here are your Winnipeg Jets" with the arena roaring....that was awesome, and IMO, will never be matched!

8Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Who could forget that dress??

9Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:49 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

JT Estoban wrote:That guy saying/yelling "Here are your Winnipeg Jets" with the arena roaring....that was awesome, and IMO, will never be matched!

I always loved that. Your Winnipeg Jets!

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

10Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:59 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Andy Blicq?

11Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I too always get goosebumps when I hear our National Anthem. I can hardly wait till the Olympics!!!

12Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:02 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Lets see if we can have another stellar performance of our athletes at this years Olympics!!!

13Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:02 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

I always get chills when there is a F-18 fly by after the Anthem at Bomber games and such.

14Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Anonymous

Goth_chic wrote:I too always get goosebumps when I hear our National Anthem. I can hardly wait till the Olympics!!!

Canada is going to kick some butt in Ice Hockey!

Canadian national Anthem Jarome+Iginla

and this man is going to captain the squad to victory!!! Canadian national Anthem 87856

15Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:05 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Apparently I could forget that dress....but then again, how old was I at the time...15...so yeah, I've seen, and forgotten LOTS of dresses since then. lol

And the announcer...he's the guy I grew up with....even when I was grounded, or was supposed to be sleeping and could only listen to the games on my portable radio I smuggled under my pillow....We so have to get that guy back should we ever have another NHL team.

Back to the topic at hand...our national anthem, it's much better when the crowed joins in, and in large numbers....like at the Stadium at a Bumbler game.

16Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

JT Estoban wrote:Apparently I could forget that dress....but then again, how old was I at the time...15...so yeah, I've seen, and forgotten LOTS of dresses since then. lol

And the announcer...he's the guy I grew up with....even when I was grounded, or was supposed to be sleeping and could only listen to the games on my portable radio I smuggled under my pillow....We so have to get that guy back should we ever have another NHL team.

Back to the topic at hand...our national anthem, it's much better when the crowed joins in, and in large numbers....like at the Stadium at a Bumbler game.

Curt Keilback?

17Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Anonymous

JT Estoban wrote:

Curt Keilback.

he was arguably the best play-by-play announcer in NHL history. Unfortunately, in perhaps the most classless act ever, the Jets and CJOB dumped Keilback in 1994 for the bland and unemotional Kelly Moore. When the Jets left for Arizona 2 years later, the new owners wisely got rid of Moore, and rehired Keilback.

Keilback was named Arizona Sportscaster of the Year in 1999. Unfortunately he was let go for reasons unknown a few years abck (2006?). Keilback was working in Real estate upon returning to Winnipeg. Not sure what he is upto today.

18Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:10 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Keilback did the broadcasts. Blicq was the PA announcer. I think. If him, he is now doing the same for the Maple Laffs.

19Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:11 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

And HA. It is Hockey. Not ICE hockey... Hockey = Canadian national Anthem 87856

20Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:Keilback did the broadcasts. Blicq was the PA announcer. I think. If him, he is now doing the same for the Maple Laffs.

I heard he was a school principal in Stonewall, MB. I could be wrong. I'll research this and get back...

21Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:17 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Only for the Olympics is it called Ice Hockey to distinguish between the 2 sports of hockey (Ice and Field). But you are right Hockey is Canadian national Anthem 87856

22Canadian national Anthem Empty Re: Canadian national Anthem Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:And HA. It is Hockey. Not ICE hockey... Hockey = Canadian national Anthem 87856

True, but for some reason they insist on calling it "Ice" Hockey in the Olympics. Possibly to avoid confusion with Field Hockey, which I don't think is even an olympic sport...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum