the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

New olympic hockey crest?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New olympic hockey crest? Empty New olympic hockey crest? Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:53 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

From afar all you can see is a nice big red maple leaf.
New olympic hockey crest? Image_28e27055b515d66e1b48a1c18c99d260
close up, well I am not sure why we need all the Native imagery in there, heck having anything in there is kinda a little wacky.. you can barely see it

New olympic hockey crest? Image_28ff2302b458568942e5a4b02c8fac8a

http://hockeycanada.com/index.php/ci_id/65447/la_id/1.htm

2New olympic hockey crest? Empty Re: New olympic hockey crest? Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:29 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I like it! I'm a big fan of native art and imagery.

3New olympic hockey crest? Empty Re: New olympic hockey crest? Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:44 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

And when you take a closer look at the logo with the imagery, it is traditional west coast art which is so appropriate to the Vancouver Games. My son has already placed an order for a white and a red jersey (white is for his mom, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh).

4New olympic hockey crest? Empty Re: New olympic hockey crest? Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ooo true... more west coastish... is appropriate for the games.
hmm... You getting a replica or a real one?

5New olympic hockey crest? Empty Re: New olympic hockey crest? Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:23 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

It will split the country! Quoted John Diefenbacher, regarding Lester Pearson's design for a new flag ???? 1960's I think!

http://www.elansofas.com

6New olympic hockey crest? Empty Re: New olympic hockey crest? Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:35 pm

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

I am not sure about it. The detail is neat, but you can't see it without looking closely, which is contrary to normal design principles for a logo. From a distance, it is very plain. I suppose it's not bad, but I personally feel they could have done better.

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

7New olympic hockey crest? Empty Re: New olympic hockey crest? Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:26 pm

Anonymous

I love it.

8New olympic hockey crest? Empty Re: New olympic hockey crest? Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:35 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank wrote:ooo true... more west coastish... is appropriate for the games.
hmm... You getting a replica or a real one?
Not sure yet, I know that the replica one will have the original Hockey Canada crest on the sleeve. HBC has them priced at $135.00 a piece.
But whoever did the design on the inside of the maple leaf was very clever. Included in the design is the hockey player that is part of the Hockey Canada logo along with the maple leaf, however they are not together. Way to work around the IOC's concerns about sponsorship logos.

9New olympic hockey crest? Empty Re: New olympic hockey crest? Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:48 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Nike designed a unique jersey that incorporates several icons and cultural symbols that were developed by Musqueam artist Debra Sparrow. The dominant imagery depicted inside the Maple Leaf crest includes smaller Maple Leafs representing the gold medal counts for Canada’s men’s, women’s and sledge hockey teams, the thunderbird and eagle, two powerful First Nations symbols supporting and protecting the central Maple Leaf – and the heralded hockey player and stick.

10New olympic hockey crest? Empty Re: New olympic hockey crest? Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:02 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

holly golightly wrote: But whoever did the design on the inside of the maple leaf was very clever. Included in the design is the hockey player that is part of the Hockey Canada logo along with the maple leaf, however they are not together. Way to work around the IOC's concerns about sponsorship logos.
The newscast that I watched said the IOC has yet to approve that crest for the actual team uniforms. So there may be two crests? One for the team and this one for retail???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum