the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

A message for Zander: Re: Shelly Glover has a message for us

+4
Deank
Freeman
St Norberter
grumpy old man
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Post by zander on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:31 pm

bgilchrist001 wrote: Why limit it to the Cons? What about all the ads the liberal used to run about health care privitization, or the army running amok through the streets?
zander wrote: Those were pretty bad, almost at the level of the Con ad that mocked Chretien's facial paralysis. But as awful as they were, those were all done during election campaigns.

That doesn't make them OK, but at least there's some vague rationale behind them.
bgilchrist001 wrote: I think every political party needs to raise their level or communication quite a bit.
zander wrote: Indeed they do.

But only one party is carrying on this kind of behaviour outside of an election campaign and on the taxpayer's bill (as V4P pointed out). That would be the Cons.

To which I say bullsh1te. I have received crap from Neville recently that is every bit as attack-ad-ish political in tone as anything Glover or other PCers have sent out.

Anonymous

Yes but she is in for a run for her money from what I hear, so she is scared um what about Harper. All of this advertising is wrong and juvenile no matter who did start it .

St Norberter

St Norberter
major-contributor
major-contributor

For those who don't know - bgilchrist001 is my user ID on that other forum.
That post exemplifies the basic problem with that site:
Action performed by conservative = bad
same action performed by liberal = good.
doesn't seem to be the same openmindedness (or ability for critical thinking) on that board as on this one.

http://bgilchrist.wordpress.com/

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:Yes but she is in for a run for her money from what I hear, so she is scared um what about Harper. All of this advertising is wrong and juvenile no matter who did start it .
What about Harper? Stay on point man.

Anonymous

If she is scared what is his EXCUSE easy enough for you to understand now.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

T-H-I-S H-A-S N-O-T-H-I-N-G T-O D-O W-I-T-H H-A-R-P-E-R.

This has to do with Zander's claim that "only one party is carrying on this kind of behaviour".

Is that clear enough for you?

Anonymous

But every Con MP is giving out the approved Harper message and I did not receive one from Neville or one from any Liberal in the run . She is probably going to lose her seat so she is trying the same crap the leader of the other party is and has been doing for the better part of the year now . WHO fricking cares who is first to do it , it is wrong . Defend it any way you want it is cheap politics that is all it is .

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Another good thread destroyed by single minded thinking that has nothing to do with the subject. This gets so tiring.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

More from Zander:
A Pompous Ass wrote: I understand that it's easier to simply say "the Liberals do it too" instead of actually taking a critical look at the issue. But I'm baffled by the fact that Con supporters seem to think this is a valid argument. :?
No one is saying "the Liberals do it too" instead of actually taking a critical look at the issue you pompous ass. We are responding to your ignorant claim that only the Cons are doing it.
===============

If I was still a member of this knob's forum I'd be banned again for my response tonight. But since this holier-than-thou pompous twit has not the nads to debate with vigour, to turtle per se, he won't come in here to debate.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You know GOM, most of us know that those other guys are a bunch of milk sopping left leaning assholes, so why not just ignore them? It would be easier on your health.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

You're probably right. It's just that I don't suffer fools lightly. I believe you suffer from the same malady?

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Yes, moderators on this forum do allow some fools to participate. Very Happy

St Norberter

St Norberter
major-contributor
major-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:More from Zander:
A Pompous Ass wrote: I understand that it's easier to simply say "the Liberals do it too" instead of actually taking a critical look at the issue. But I'm baffled by the fact that Con supporters seem to think this is a valid argument. :?
No one is saying "the Liberals do it too" instead of actually taking a critical look at the issue you pompous ass. We are responding to your ignorant claim that only the Cons are doing it.
And that is my point/argument.
The whole idea - I find repulsive. There are better ways to spend taxpayer dollars. Even the provincial MLA mailings. I got one from my backbencher NDP MLA 'yaay, look at me I moved a motion', or the newsprint mailing that doesn't contain any real information, just pictures of her schmoozing.
But to suggest that this is only something the conservatives do - that's not only ignorant, that's just plain stupid.

http://bgilchrist.wordpress.com/

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I just ot a mailing from Judy Whatshernamewithallthelettersinthealphabet, and it was, as usual, just crap. Quotes of her communist rants in the House, pictures with every ethnic group that has a camera. I guess it depends on what you consider offensive and a waste of public money.....and if you have some ersatz power to edit posts on a forum.

Anonymous

And I just got one in the box this morning from the fearless leader , as was said this doe,s no good no matter from who it comes . I could not give a rats ass as to what it has to say , other then who sent it . They have definitely lost my vote . including the cons . Shame I criticize them though, I may get hung on here by the Big Blue Narrow Minded Machine .

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:Shame I criticize them though, I may get hung on here by the Big Blue Narrow Minded Machine .
If you really think about it you'll discover you don't get shat upon because the right thinking here want to shut you down. It is always because no matter the topic YOU always find a way to pick at the scabs and annoy. Even if you have to stray from the topic.

Be Liberal minded if you like. Or Orange minded. Green Whatever. Argue those points until the cows come home. Or continue your contrarian ways. It matters not to moi...

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Pavolo wrote:And I just got one in the box this morning from the fearless leader , as was said this doe,s no good no matter from who it comes . I could not give a rats ass as to what it has to say , other then who sent it . They have definitely lost my vote . including the cons . Shame I criticize them though, I may get hung on here by the Big Blue Narrow Minded Machine .

So just to be clear you are not going to Vote conservative simply because they are trying to communicate with you? Is that like NOT drinking beer because they have beer ads?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Now Zander has resorted to lying and condescension:
That link was posted as an example of the ten-percenters that were sent out, since you didn't seem to be clear on what we were discussing. My earlier link is from the Hill Times in 2008 and shows that this practice was indeed started by the Conservatives.

Apparently this is something the Liberals have also picked up on. Great. Another lovely new trend in Canadian politics. One more think to thank Harper and the Cons for.
There are many quotes from Liberals but nothing that proves anything. This link does not prove who started what.

The pompous, arrogant and now condescending zander claims he did not know that the Liberals were using ten percenters"
No, I wasn't aware that the Liberals were using ten percenters to attack the Cons.
Yet his reference to the Hill Times includes these little gems:
Government House leader Peter Van Loan (York-Simcoe, Ont.) told the Canadian Press last week that there is no abuse and all parties use the perk.
Liberal Whip Karen Redman (Kitchener Centre, Ont.) said that while all parties participate in Ten Percenters and regroupings, the Conservatives are using it for partisan purposes.
The mailings I've received from Neville are every bit partisan in their attacks on the government.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

GOM, take a breath, in through the nose, out through the mouth, maybe a nice cup of tea...remember why most of us are not "over there" anymore.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I just today did receive a "10 percenter" from someone named Blake Richards. For the record I deplore this campaign. I'd much sooner the money and effort was spent on presenting PC initiatives and what the opposition is doing to get in the way.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You know what they are like on the darkside...bunch of commie bastards! LOL

Anonymous

Deank wrote:
Pavolo wrote:And I just got one in the box this morning from the fearless leader , as was said this doe,s no good no matter from who it comes . I could not give a rats ass as to what it has to say , other then who sent it . They have definitely lost my vote . including the cons . Shame I criticize them though, I may get hung on here by the Big Blue Narrow Minded Machine .

So just to be clear you are not going to Vote conservative simply because they are trying to communicate with you? Is that like NOT drinking beer because they have beer ads?

I will not vote for them cause I do not believe in them , the fact that there leader is a fool has really nothing to do with it . His last mistake was enough to say no till he is gone , Just so you know I did work for the Filmon Campaign , it is nothing to do with the Party just who leads and steers . The last politician I thought worth a dam was Martin till the party screwed him , or Chretien did . It is to bad that we have allowed it to get this much of a mess .
And I never say no to beer even if Harper bought it .

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I'm not a huge fan of Harper but he is the only option....Taliban Jack is a moron and Iggy is a close second. Not much else to choose from.

Anonymous

Hence I b1tch about all but the only one that gets you pissed is him , fine I will pick on Iggy for awhile . You are right they are all equal there losers the whole system needs changing not the parties just the system .

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum