the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

anniversary of apology

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1anniversary of apology Empty anniversary of apology Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:51 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Gathering-honours-anniversary-of-residental-school-apology-47776297.html

stuff.. and then...
"At 12:30 p.m. Education Minister Peter Bjornson, Culture and Heritage Minister Eric Robinson and Assembly of Manitoba Chief Ron Evans hold a news conference to introduce the province's new curriculum to mark the first-year anniversary of the apology."

WHA????? new curriculum???

2anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:06 pm

anny

contributor
contributor

New curriculum is coming out all the time.

http://dineoutwinnipeg.tumblr.com/

3anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

well yeah.. but what does that have to do with this?

4anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:33 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

sigh

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Flu-overshadows-apology-anniversary-47820352.html

""It is important that Manitobans and the Canadian public understand the obstacles and hurdles First Nations are facing in accessing the basic health-care services that many others take for granted.""

move. seriously MOVE. It is indeed that easy. Hard emmotionally to give up your childhood home, no doubt. But if things are as bad as you say they are. Move. Keep the reserve as a great place to visit and to teach your children about your history and your culture. But move, and move NOW, before something even worse happens. Get together as a community makes some hard choices and move the entire community if you need to, if that dont work Move for the sake of your own family.
I lived in remote areas up north.. as remote as these reserves? nope.. not even close But I still had a 1 hour drive to the nearest hospital, a 7 hour drive to some of the more complex medical tests. I also lacked the easy access to higher education, decent jobs, sporting activities for my children. I moved, it was hard. It happened and while I mourn the loss of being able to fish, swim, hunt out my back door and wish my kids did not have to miss that, I did it because I weighed the pros and cons of moving. moving won. And I was not subject to even HALF of the hardships you guys go through.

MOVE.. and MOVE NOW!

5anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:52 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

There is a dude on brodbecks blog from Swan River that constantly whines that he has to travel to Winnipeg for certain medical procedures. Seems there are more people that demand much more from our health system than is reasonable.

This culture of entitlement needs to change and change in a hurry. Not every community should have a Health Sciences Centre.

6anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Anonymous

Some might say move the services to them and let you do the travelling , just a thought.

7anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:02 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I'm sorry. I don't follow. Move what services to whom? Let whom do the traveling? What thought are you trying to elucidate?

8anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:18 pm

Anonymous

There is a dude on brodbecks blog from Swan River that constantly whines that he has to travel to Winnipeg for certain medical procedures. Seems there are more people that demand much more from our health system than is reasonable

Yes the reserves need more then a Nursing Station , Swan river is not that bad off though

9anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:22 pm

Anonymous

Move the services to the researve and make YOU travel there for service . So maybe you may apreciate what they go through. Easy enough now Grumpy.

10anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Pavolo wrote:Some might say move the services to them and let you do the travelling , just a thought.

yeah lets move the entire HSC up to Gods lake narrows and pay for 700K people to travel there for service.. yup that makes total sense.
I think any some that say move the services to them are insane.

11anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:56 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:Easy enough now Grumpy.
Lose the 'tude pav. If I could understand your fricking posts I would not have to ask. So no -- NOT EASY ENOUGH FOR ME. Jesus H. Christ man. I'm tired of this sh1t.

Something about real debates bothersome? Why must there be smart ass comments originating out of innocuous comments? Immediately go on attack over the most inane comments? Take comments out of context?

12anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:04 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:Move the services to the researve and make YOU travel there for service . So maybe you may apreciate what they go through.

Seriously? I understand health care in remote centres is wanting. But should we put HSCs in every region? Anyone honestly believe we can afford that?

13anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:59 am

Anonymous

I think this 'entitlement' bullcrap is surfacing here.

If you live in a remote area you cannot expect the same services as you would receive in the big city. Period. If you do, you a fcuken arseholh working on becoming an idiot.

14anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Anonymous

Where did I say the HSC , where SHOW ME

15anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:50 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I used "HSC" to exaggerate the comment for effect. I did not say you or anyone else suggested HSC. It is a common practise within proper English discussion and debate to exaggerate for effect.

When one complains about a lack of health care services in general it cannot be assumed he is referring to a lack of, say cardiac services in Swan River, or a lack of surgical services in Swan River. Or a lack of health care in any remote community.

So we exaggerate. I truly hope that helps.

16anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:56 pm

Anonymous

I agree it is not practical but they want better then a nursing station .

17anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:21 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Pavolo wrote:I agree it is not practical but they want better then a nursing station .

That is not what you said at all.

You said "Some say they should get the services and you should have to travel to them"

That means the services that are at the HSC like the MRIs and such. That is nothing at all about getting a better nursing station.

18anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:25 am

Anonymous

Do not try to be a lawyer you will fail , key word is some and there is no mention of any thing as to level of service . Suggest you read carefully .

19anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:00 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote:Do not try to be a lawyer you will fail , key word is some and there is no mention of any thing as to level of service . Suggest you read carefully .

I suggest you post carefully. Do I need to provide you with quotes of your own posts? You made a stupid comment without thinking it through and then attack anyone who questions it. Does this at all sound familiar?

20anniversary of apology Empty Re: anniversary of apology Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:44 am

Anonymous

Pav. When you're in a hole, stop digging,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum