the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

the NAZI couple and a court case

+5
AGEsAces
JT Estoban
Freeman
rosencrentz
Deank
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1the NAZI couple and a court case Empty the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 9:25 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Lindor has a column about this today.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/teaching-violence-hate-protected-as-free-speech-46073552.html

I cant help but wonder why no one is saying that this happens all the time in Manitoba, especially "remote" places.

2the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 9:56 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

No one has the right to tell anyone how to bring up a child!

http://www.elansofas.com

3the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 9:56 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

By definition would that not mean the parent does not have the right to tell the child how to act?

4the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 10:27 am

Anonymous

rosencrentz wrote:No one has the right to tell anyone how to bring up a child!
If you have to bring them up, you shouldn't have eaten them in the first place. That goes for anything you bring up.

5the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

And the debate goes on, and the bleeding hearts that run the child welfare system, there will continue to be cases like this. These are the easy pickings for the child welfare system. Lets not look at the families of two 14 year old boys that are being charged with 2nd degree murder in the aftermath of a daytime stabbing this past weekend. How can you defend the upbringing of these 2 boys? ARe there other children in the households? Sure the Nazi couple are whack jobs. Hold them up to the daylight so everyone can see, but whose principles are we enforcing?

This is nothing more than a showcase for the bleeding hearts to show that they are doing something. If they really cared, how many kids would be forced into care?

6the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 1:36 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"This is nothing more than a showcase for the bleeding hearts to show that they are doing something. If they really cared, how many kids would be forced into care?"

I would say about 10% of the population

7the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 2:51 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I think you're being conservative. (Thats pretty funny if I say so myself)

8the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 3:22 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

That's right....only bleeding heart fools give a flying crap about kids.

Screw'em.

sarcasm

9the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 3:40 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

NIce bait, just don't want to go fishing today.

10the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

JT Estoban wrote:That's right....only bleeding heart fools give a flying crap about kids.

Screw'em.

sarcasm

and lindor Rynolds...

11the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 4:09 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Lotsa' chum floating around....

I love you Sad

12the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 4:33 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

There are so few Nazis left. In Germany it is illegal, so we need a few to balance out the great assortment we have in Canada!
The Human Rights Commission , with my 2nd cousin in charge in Winnipeg, is a good example to help out!
Poor kids! The parent? has no claim regarding believing in Nazi'ism as a religion??
Is it a religion or a political party?

http://www.elansofas.com

13the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Cant the same be asked of a Jew?

Is it a religion, a people a political party?

14the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 4:39 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So, if its not ok to be a Nazi and they can take your kids away, can we push for the same thing for the NDP? Smile

15the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 4:39 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank wrote:Cant the same be asked of a Jew?

Is it a religion, a people a political party?

RUH ROH!

~
Actually, the results of this case will be very interesting. I know of a lot of people who are watching this carefully to see what the broader implications/ramifications of the decision will be.

16the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

This particular case will not have much impact on anything.

Freedom of whatever only means as long as it does not infringe on others, or insite hate of others as a group.

as an example, I cant found a church based solely on stabbing one middle aged bald man a week.

17the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 4:46 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Deank wrote:This particular case will not have much impact on anything.

Freedom of whatever only means as long as it does not infringe on others, or insite hate of others as a group.

as an example, I cant found a church based solely on stabbing one middle aged bald man a week.

Interesting idea.....got anyone in mind for the position of Grand Vizier?

18the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 4:48 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Interesting idea.....got anyone in mind for the position of Grand Vizier"
I said I CANT and chances are by time I pass enough laws to allow it, I will be middle aged and whilst I doubt I will ever be balding, not sure I would want to chance it.

19the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 4:51 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

oh, my bad....I thought that was a spelling mistake. Wink

.....but if you could....will you keep me in mind for the post?

lol!

20the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 4:54 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

But (not saying I agree with her entirely) if you listen to the mother...she says the same thing I've said in another thread...which to me is the only reasonable thing about her beliefs:

Name a religion that does NOT incite hatred and oppression of other people?

(I said before the only one I know of is the Unitarians..but there may be another one somewhere).

Religion is designed to incite fear & hatred by its very nature.
"If you don't believe as we do...you will burn in hell"
"If you don't believe as we do...you are evil and should be eliminated"

It's the same for the Nazis..."If you aren't like us, then you're against us, and must be terminated".

That said...I still don't agree with it...just that it's an interesting point to make.

http://www.photage.ca

21the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 5:07 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

AGEsAces wrote:Name a religion that does NOT incite hatred and oppression of other people?

Buddhism?

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

22the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 5:07 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

What the heck is a "notorious bounder"?

23the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 5:12 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Airt Mattrèssor wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:Name a religion that does NOT incite hatred and oppression of other people?

Buddhism?

I don't know much about Buddhism...but aren't they the ones who say the Cow is sacred because they are the last level of life before becoming human?

I have to admit though...a religion that worships little guys with pot-bellies has a certain appeal for me Wink.

http://www.photage.ca

24the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 5:19 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

AGEsAces wrote:
I don't know much about Buddhism...but aren't they the ones who say the Cow is sacred because they are the last level of life before becoming human?

No sir, that's Hinduism. Sacred cows are mentioned several times in the Vedas, but it's been ages, Ages, since I last read them. Smile

Plus, the Sacred Chao is a prominent symbol in Discordianism!

AGEsAces wrote:I have to admit though...a religion that worships little guys with pot-bellies has a certain appeal for me Wink.

Heh!

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

25the NAZI couple and a court case Empty Re: the NAZI couple and a court case Tue May 26, 2009 9:42 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"No sir, that's Hinduism. Sacred cows are mentioned several times in the Vedas, but it's been ages, Ages, since I last read them"

LOL nice

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum