the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

eating supper on Monday night???

+7
holly golightly
anny
grumpy old man
FlyingRat
IG Guy
Goth_chic
Deank
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:45 pm

Goth_chic

uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Orlandos on Corydon is yummy. I haven't been there for a while but the last time I was there it was superb.

27eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:46 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

name me some good italian restraunts to go to in the city.

28eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:47 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Never been to Orlando's. I should go.

Here's another alternative to Olive Garden: Maxime on St Mary's

29eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:47 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Colosseo Ristorante Italiano on CORYDON

30eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:48 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

expensive?
free soup, salad, breadstick and drink refills?

Last edited by Deank on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mora detaila)

31eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:48 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Bombolini's on Broadway is good.

32eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:48 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:expensive?

Define expensive?

33eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

16.95 for soup, breadsticks and 3 different italians meals... and free refills on the drinks at Olive Garden

34eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

thats a reasonable price.

35eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:51 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:thats a reasonable price.

Too expensive for crap. lol!

36eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:52 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

My hubby and I went to Orlandos and the bill came to just over $100.00 and we had appetizers, meals, dessert and a bottle of wine. To me that was reasonable. At Hy's our bill was $160.00 after taxes and we had appetizers, meals, shared a dessert and had a bottle of wine and a drink each.

37eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:59 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Expensive is all relative, depending on how many you are feeding. If you are looking at your whole family (kids included) then Olive Garden is your best bet but if it is just you and your spouse then a more unique restaurant like Orlando's or Bombollini is more appropriate.
Take a look at the link below, it shows some of the Italian restaurants in Winnipeg. My preference is Bellissimo on Waverley. When we go there we order one entree and split it or take 2 and have them box half of each before they even bring it to the table.
http://www.winnipegrestaurants.ca/cuisine.php?searchCuisine=23
My hubby and I have also been to Chop at the new Sandman Hotel on route 90 and although it is pricy, it is very good, they have their own butcher, baker and pie maker (how's that for nursery rhymes!!!!!!!!) on site so everything is fresh made daily. We shared an appetizer, had an entree each and shared a dessert, with a cocktail each and it came out to 120.00 (excluding tip). When we go out alone, we prefer the small cozy restaurants or we sit in the lounge as I don't like the noise.

Last edited by holly golightly on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

38eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:02 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

My kids love Friskies. At 74 cents a can that is dirt cheap.

39eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:03 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Goth_chic wrote:They are the same family!

Even if their names were different...they'd STILL be "family" Smile

http://www.photage.ca

40eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:15 pm

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

Now I am conflicted... Should I try Paradise or no? lol!

41eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:22 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Goth_chic wrote:My hubby and I went to Orlandos and the bill came to just over $100.00 and we had appetizers, meals, dessert and a bottle of wine. To me that was reasonable. At Hy's our bill was $160.00 after taxes and we had appetizers, meals, shared a dessert and had a bottle of wine and a drink each.

yeah... thats not my ball park of reasonable

42eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:28 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:
Goth_chic wrote:My hubby and I went to Orlandos and the bill came to just over $100.00 and we had appetizers, meals, dessert and a bottle of wine. To me that was reasonable. At Hy's our bill was $160.00 after taxes and we had appetizers, meals, shared a dessert and had a bottle of wine and a drink each.

Where would you take your wife for a nice dinner?

43eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:29 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Goth_chic wrote:
Deank wrote:

McDonald's Very Happy

http://www.photage.ca

44eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:30 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Oh God. If my hubby took me to McDonalds for dinner I would not be happy.

45eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:40 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Goth_chic wrote:
Deank wrote:

olive garden...

or I would just cook at my own house like I did last week for her birthday when I did Lobster for her.

46eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:44 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You would take her to Olive Garden? That is so not romantic. Cooking her dinner is nice but once in a while take her out somewhere nice, my hubby is taking me to Step N Out for our anniversary I must say I am excited.

47eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:46 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

My wife and I could really care less for things like that.
Olive Garden is just right.. inpensive, tasty and noisy enough that my kids wont be heard over the existing din.

48eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:49 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

This whole "eating supper on Monday night" thing; is this just a new fad that you crazy kids of today's generation have come up with?

49eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:53 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Goth_chic wrote:You would take her to Olive Garden? That is so not romantic. Cooking her dinner is nice but once in a while take her out somewhere nice, my hubby is taking me to Step N Out for our anniversary I must say I am excited.

what is this romance you speak of? this something new you youngins have come up with to embarass us old folk? Suspect

50eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:03 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Deank wrote:My wife and I could really care less for things like that.
Olive Garden is just right.. inpensive, tasty and noisy enough that my kids wont be heard over the existing din.

If I take my kids out I agree with taking them to a noisy place. I was referring to a night out on the town minus the kids. Before I had kids I hated restaurants that were full of kids....way too annoying.

51eating supper on Monday night??? - Page 2 Empty Re: eating supper on Monday night??? Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:12 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I dont really ever enjoy nights not being near the kids.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum