the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Winnipeg Police HQ

+4
JT Estoban
Freeman
Deank
grumpy old man
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26New Winnipeg Police HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: New Winnipeg Police HQ Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:34 pm

rosencrentz

uber-contributor
uber-contributor

How much has Winnipeg grown since that building was built? If we made drugs legal, they wouldn't have to expand!

http://www.elansofas.com

27New Winnipeg Police HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: New Winnipeg Police HQ Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Anonymous

Good point Rosie. Why have their needs grown so much while the city really hasn't? Repealling prohabition would do wonders for our economy as well as our individual pocket-books imo.

28New Winnipeg Police HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: New Winnipeg Police HQ Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:27 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I thought the problem was that the current PSB is falling apart. Are they running out of space?

29New Winnipeg Police HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: New Winnipeg Police HQ Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:49 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Today's freep says it's a little of both. It seems the costs to reclad the building and temporarily move the police out while renovating is approaching 70 million dollars. Moving saves the recladding costs, allows them to sell the police building or tear it down and build a much-needed civic parkade and consolidate a number of city-wide police departments under one roof.

30New Winnipeg Police HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: New Winnipeg Police HQ Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:28 am

Anonymous

The whole structure is bad shape Few years ago they stopped Bobcats from cleaning the court yard in winter as there is structial roof problems with the tunnel below it . A frend of mine used to do the job . They told him to do the rest but not the courtyard.

Think Graham would be a good move for them as it would give them a stronger presence there . My only concern is ease of public parking that is free as you should not have to pay, to pay if you know what I mean.

31New Winnipeg Police HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: New Winnipeg Police HQ Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:48 am

Anonymous

The Post Office site has parking right out front. They could leave the mailboxes and use them for ticket paying.

32New Winnipeg Police HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: New Winnipeg Police HQ Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:15 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I can't see the back half of that building remaining. I suspect there will be something done there to manage the coming and going of police vehicles and parking for employees and visitors.

33New Winnipeg Police HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: New Winnipeg Police HQ Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:42 am

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:I can't see the back half of that building remaining. I suspect there will be something done there to manage the coming and going of police vehicles and parking for employees and visitors.

If they leave them on the street some kid will flatten the tires , this nieghborhood is different from the Princess location. Most are sober . lol!

34New Winnipeg Police HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: New Winnipeg Police HQ Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:37 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Where is the free parking around the current PSB? It's metered there too. At the Canada post location (since the parking is on the property) they could even validate parking for those paying tickets Wink

35New Winnipeg Police HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: New Winnipeg Police HQ Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Anonymous

As long as I don't pay twice , Iam a winnerpeger after all

36New Winnipeg Police HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: New Winnipeg Police HQ Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:09 pm

Anonymous

I imagine that there is ample parking for police use in that building, or can be contrived with what's available at the back (south end), and some 'guest' parking available at the front end (north end).

37New Winnipeg Police HQ - Page 2 Empty Re: New Winnipeg Police HQ Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The Post Office has to have a pretty large garage included. Lots of movements trucks so they should be able to handle the police vehcles. Is WPS going to keep their garage on Princess between McDermot and Notre Dame?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum