the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canwest lining up for bailout money

+3
darkwind
Freeman
dailyrants
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:26 am

dailyrants

dailyrants

http://jimmycotton.blogspot.com/2009/03/more-taxpayers-cash-going-to-asper.html

It just makes my stomach turn. Why give money to bad businesses ?

http://jimmycotton.blogspot.com

2Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:33 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

dailyrants wrote:http://jimmycotton.blogspot.com/2009/03/more-taxpayers-cash-going-to-asper.html

It just makes my stomach turn. Why give money to bad businesses ?

I agree, all the more reason to cut off all funding to the CBC.

3Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:46 am

Anonymous

WTF is the connection between Asker and Harper now....it seems Harper has his head up Asker's ass imo. First the useless monument to a dead guy and now bailing out his kids????

It's time to send Harper a letter with a picture of my ass for him to kiss.

4Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:51 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTF wrote:WTF is the connection between Asker and Harper now....it seems Harper has his head up Asker's ass imo. First the useless monument to a dead guy and now bailing out his kids????

It's time to send Harper a letter with a picture of my ass for him to kiss.

Do what you have to do, just don't post a copy here!! Very Happy

5Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:20 am

Anonymous

Ahhh...I was going to run it by youz guys...just to see if the pic shows my good side....

6Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:15 am

dailyrants

dailyrants

Check out this ass kissing piece by David Asper today ....
http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/story.html?id=1405199
Izzy must be turning in his grave.

http://jimmycotton.blogspot.com

7Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:21 am

Anonymous

Asper is not the only one looking for money , they all our including the tax sucking CBC. Course on here we only mention Asper.

8Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:22 am

darkwind

darkwind
contributor
contributor

dailyrants wrote:Check out this ass kissing piece by David Asper today ....
http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/story.html?id=1405199
Izzy must be turning in his grave.

I dunno. I hate the conservatives with a passion, but I actually agree with what that article is saying. If the conservatives are using their religion inappropriately in terms of governance, them that's fair game. But to attack them or mock them merely for their personal religious beliefs? Not cool.

It's cheap and easy media tearing down the public politician. It would take actual WORK for the media to delve into and tear down the policies, statements, etc of the conservative members. And work for the voters too. I'd never not vote for someone because they believed in god. Because I expect my elected officials to have the same respect for my beliefs.

9Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:22 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"IT MUST BE PROFITABLE-- THAT IS NON NEGOTIABLE."

Izzy Asper

10Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:29 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:Asper is not the only one looking for money , they all our including the tax sucking CBC. Course on here we only mention Asper.
No siree. I have frequently mentioned the tax-sucking CBC here including this morning...

11Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:30 am

Anonymous

Yes you get 2 points to awarded later at the next liberal convention lol!

12Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:30 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Deank wrote:"IT MUST BE PROFITABLE-- THAT IS NON NEGOTIABLE."

Izzy Asper
Sounds like smart business to me.

13Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:32 am

Anonymous

And he was the biggest opponent of the CBC

14Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:53 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Bailout Canwest when the Aspers put lots of their own money into it, as well.

15Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:58 am

Anonymous

Who's started it Izzy's and a dream which most said he was crazy to dream , Was there when the tower came across the border. He has always been against the unfair advantage CBC enjoys , he was the loudest critic of them .

16Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:59 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

what unfair advantage? CBC and Canwest are hardly competitors.

Look at the TV line up... not even a close comparison.

17Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:02 pm

Anonymous

Tax structure , not having to go to the bank for money , to many other reasons to remember all of them . Losses covered by the taxpayer not having to explain them to stockholders.
All in the CBC favor .

18Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

But they are not competing for the same audience at all ( maybe other then perhaps news) so what is the problem?

19Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:11 pm

Anonymous

One pays taxes one doe's not to the same amount cause it is a crown corp gee big saving there , one can lose money and answers to no one . Program has nothing to do with it other then CBC doe's not pay with its own money to pay for or create programing .

20Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

IF it is not competition.... why does he care?

I can understand as a taxpayer him caring.. but as a business not in direct competition, why does it matter?

21Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Anonymous

Go into bussiness and let me open across the street on some one elses buck not caring if I lose money . Then undercut you for advertising clients and sell whatever for less then you. Driving you under , so you lose your house and all you own as collaterall on the loan to start your bussiness . It is a huge advantage .

22Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:34 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Its very little of the same advertising dollars as adverisers are smart enough to pay for advertising based on whom the market share is. The Market share is based on what the program is.
set two tvs up tonight, have them side by side.. one on CBC all night and one on Global all night... Take note of what the programs are.. and what each advertisement is..Compare what products and producers advertised on what channel.

23Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:38 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

You're wrong DeanK. They are both competing for TV viewers. They compete directly on programming:news, sports, entertainment. The CBC should not be competing in the private sector.

24Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:48 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Different demographics for the most part GOM.

25Canwest lining up for bailout money Empty Re: Canwest lining up for bailout money Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:04 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

People do change the channel once in a while, Deank. I watch shows on CBC, Global, and CTV. They are all competing for my viewership.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum