the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

New RCMP policy says Tasers potentially lethal, restricts use

+9
FlyingRat
AGEsAces
Electrician
Freeman
grumpy old man
AdamX
rosencrentz
Deank
IG Guy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

AdamX

contributor
contributor

IG Guy wrote:"around 5:22 you can hear officers talking, trying to figure out why robert was 'freaking out' and throwing computers around. you clearly hear one saying "nobody knows why...he doesnt speak, he speaks french, nobody knows why" and at 5:32 "no rhyme or reason for it"

I would like to beleive that if he was in Vancouver that atleast one other person around that area would know french and know that is not what he is speaking! lol He speaks french...

heh, whats happening there is that the officer has just been wrestling for almost a full minute and his adrenaline is going and his stress level is up. He is trying to articulate that the guy doesnt speak english, but what comes out of his mouth is that he speaks french, i guess thats the first other language his brain thought of.

its funny and very interesting how many things in your body and your mind change when you are under stress.

http://www.cakefarter.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

my mind is made up until real evidence shows otherwise.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"that officer banging his baton on the floor, thats called closing it. you can tell by the way it starts out extended and after he bangs it on the floor, its closed"
if true...the neccesity for doing it right beside the suspect is?

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

theres no necessity to do it anywhere.. any open piece of floor will do

Anonymous

...all four cops on top of him....fcuken bastards killed him ...and you are justifying their actions!!!!

Out-fcuken-rageous!!!

Anonymous

The RCMP do not have all day to tend to this one call in an airport, but saying that Grumpy I agree they could have spent more time to try to calm him down. The things that happened are seen 10 different ways by all who watch and listen to it .

Hence why police get your statement right then and not 4 hrs later . People seem to have a powerful thing on for the police now and I will not even try to con don it or support it . But neither will I give them the police carte blanche, much to every ones chagrin . They are the people paid to do the job and they do it pretty good not that they don.t do wrong , but don't we all .

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Hey jim isn't your buddy an RCMP officer? Old Chum was his name I believe....

Anonymous

Yes he is and I have heard his opion on the subject , which is not really much different then what I state . Naturaly he would not put it in writing on here till the legal case is over .

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Why did Old Chum leave? Is he not much into debating the issues?

Anonymous

Didn't he just post?

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

The first taze was almost 20 seconds long. That's an eternity of pain and not being able to breathe...

And the officer had his knee on his neck forever.... The dude stopped moving and he still had his knee on his neck...

Horrible job IMO

Anonymous

Imo, the bastards should be charged with murder.

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

JTF wrote:Imo, the bastards should be charged with murder.

yep I agree. In Canada we do not use the eletric chair. Why are we giving these guys mobile eletric chairs and allowing them to choose who lives and dies with out a fair trial? Is this now texas?

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I looked at the video again, and I have changed my mind! I do not think that the RCMP reacted in a dangerous manner.
The problem is that they thought that the taser is a safe method of making a person comply, and maybe that is the problem!
It would appear that in some cases tasering can cause death!
What was the reason he died? Was it a heart attack? Was it the fact that some 200 pound RCMP guy put his knee and pressure on his neck? Was it because he did not speak English or French?

http://www.elansofas.com

Anonymous

Five minutes of electric shock and 4 X 250lbs. of fat ass bastards outta' do it* eh.

*cause death

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

IG Guy wrote:
JTF wrote:Imo, the bastards should be charged with murder.

yep I agree. In Canada we do not use the eletric chair. Why are we giving these guys mobile eletric chairs and allowing them to choose who lives and dies with out a fair trial? Is this now texas?

Well, their nickname is the Queen's Cowboys!

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

that is very true...

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

rosencrentz wrote:
What was the reason he died? Was it a heart attack? Was it the fact that some 200 pound RCMP guy put his knee and pressure on his neck? Was it because he did not speak English or French?

what was the official cause of death? was it ever released? i never did see or hear that so i'm actually curious if anyone can link to some source of information about that.

side note, the officers did not have their knees on the guy's neck, they had the knees on his back, or across his shoulders. Again falling back to training, where it is drilled into you pretty good never to put your knee directly on someones neck with your body weight on it. it tends to look like they are because they go at around a 45 degree angle from beside the neck across the shoulders towards the middle of the back.

one mistake that they did make that i just noticed is that the guy near his head did not get off his back as soon as the cuffs were on, thats a big no-no because of the potential for positional asphyxia.

Anonymous

Heh heh..it is pretty clear that they did something wrong...the guy died.

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

JTF you missed the point i made in many of my posts, i'm not denying something went wrong and its tragic the guy died, but whereas you seem to have some grudge against police and would rather just say they went in wanting to murder that guy, i know that they followed their training and based on the information they had, they deployed the appropriate response.

the problem is that there was not enough independant studies done on the Taser before they gave them to officers to use on resistant subjects. thats in no way the officers fault. clearly the taser is having some effect on certain people and instead of knee-jerk reaction to just blame cops and call them killers, they should be studying why that is, and perhaps making a better product that can actually be used on that resistance level. right now, to be used when firearms are the only other option, the taser is pointless to have on the officers belt.

Anonymous

Only an idiot would not know that tasering a guy for a couple of minutes and then having +/- 1000lbs put on him, would not lead to serious consequences or posssibly death.

This "just following orders sh it doesn't cut it with me. Sorry.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

the whole point of taZers being made available for use in the first place was to be ONLY for situations where they would use them instead of a gun. I remember quite well all the arguements for taZers being deployed in our country and the line that was used many times was... we will use them instead of guns..

and then what happens... they are being used for everyday occourances... YES its usually on BAD guys no doubt..but when cops start loaning them to friends to pretend to light cigarettes with, it quite clearly shows the police have lost all respect for them as the restricted weapons that they are.

Anonymous

Very good point.

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

AdamX wrote:
rosencrentz wrote:

what was the official cause of death? was it ever released? i never did see or hear that so i'm actually curious if anyone can link to some source of information about that.

side note, the officers did not have their knees on the guy's neck, they had the knees on his back, or across his shoulders. Again falling back to training, where it is drilled into you pretty good never to put your knee directly on someones neck with your body weight on it. it tends to look like they are because they go at around a 45 degree angle from beside the neck across the shoulders towards the middle of the back.

one mistake that they did make that i just noticed is that the guy near his head did not get off his back as soon as the cuffs were on, thats a big no-no because of the potential for positional asphyxia.

There's a point at 5:11-5:12 where you can see that the officer had his entire weight on his neck. He stays in that position. Probably a mistake... a deadly mistake...

Mmmmmm.... steak...

Anonymous

Adam X don't argue with this group they will not change there minds . The police are always wrong in there view. The criminal is okay as he was only doing what he had to do . Trust me it ain't going to change.

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

Deank wrote:the whole point of taZers being made available for use in the first place was to be ONLY for situations where they would use them instead of a gun. I remember quite well all the arguements for taZers being deployed in our country and the line that was used many times was... we will use them instead of guns..

that may be true, that may be what people were saying and the way it was spun to us, i honestly dont know how it was presented in the news or press conferences or whatever.

But i do know, for a fact, that whoever was writing the policy for these things did not intend for them to be at that level because in my instructors manual it is listed as an intermediary device, which is right on par with OC spray. Since i got this manual tasers have been moved up several times to the point they are now, but they definitely did not start as an alternative to guns, and thats not how officers were trained to use them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum