the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pat Martin is an Assclown

+3
Deank
Triniman
grumpy old man
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Pat Martin is an Assclown Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:05 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

How this donkey keeps getting elected is beyond me. The people in his riding must be oh so very proud of him. The rest of Canada, well normal Canadians, think he is a jerk.

This assclown jerk needs to resign...

2Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:14 am

Anonymous

You better F***ken better believe it. Smile

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/11/17/ndp-mp-pat-martin-goes-on-expletive-laced-twitter-rant/

Pat Martin is an embarrassment to Winnipeggers !

3Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:41 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

He's got to go!

Now, name one politician who isn't thought of as a jerk in this country!

4Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

and yet... not one single comment from Pat on the Provincial NDP holding a do nothing session of the Manitoba Legislature...

5Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Martin is getting well known for his abrasive, and in many cases, abusive outbursts. At a public election forum in the spring, he went off on one of the audience, making reference to mental health issues, but later determined he had the wrong victim.

The NDP could put a monkey in an orange t-shirt and still win the seat in his riding...which is kind of what they did, isn't it.

6Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:06 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

But isn't he just communicating in the lingo most of his constituents are familiar with? Smile

7Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So, following that line of thinking, the Prime Minister should just tell him to frick off.

8Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Anonymous

That would be something a person with Martin's intelligence could understand.

I doubt that that dumb broad they have as a leader will straighten him out.

9Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I can almost understand the simple back of the hand comment about the government to "frick you" (or was it off) and "eat my shorts"???

yeah.. time to take a step back into reality

10Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

I can't believe so many people give a rat's a$$ about anything that Martin says. This is my last comment on the issue.

11Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:59 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Martin obviously doesn't understand that what the NDP and Liberals think is a complete waste of time to the Conservatives, as I believe the Conservatives have a majority and can finally do what the conservative platform wants to do.

Closure is a great way to stop wasting time and get the legislature passing the laws!

Nothing the matter with the way the system works!

http://www.elansofas.com

12Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:33 am

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

Triniman wrote:I can't believe so many people give a rat's a$$ about anything that Martin says. This is my last comment on the issue.

I can't believe so many people care that he dropped the F-Bomb? The way I see it, he is saying what he thinks and more of that could be used in Ottawa from time to time. It really is sad that with all the ridiculous issues on the table, this particular issue seems to be getting more attention than it really needs.

It would certainly make watching Question period that much more interesting, when the house speaker tells everyone to shut the fu*k up!

13Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:38 am

Anonymous

Ya right

What Martin is doing is feeding the idea that Parliamentarians are becoming crude and childish.

Pat Martin is what is bad about politics.

He's a complete idiot with no class....just like the people he represents.

14Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:43 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Can't resist...

JTF wrote:What Martin is doing is feeding the idea that Parliamentarians are becoming crude and childish.

Becoming? You've got to be kidding. They've been crude and childish forever.

JTF wrote:He's a complete idiot with no class....

You've just described the majority of politicians.

15Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:07 am

Anonymous

I don't believe that. Most politicians have class and a sense of proper decorum.

Oh sure, they do clown around...but they use words that are not crude.

C'mon...this jerk is a member of Parliament and should respect his office.

16Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:43 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

JTF wrote:I don't believe that. Most politicians have class and a sense of proper decorum.

They are usually not rude in public, but they are rude and classless behind closed doors, just like most people. The voters will decide if this is a big deal or not, eventually. I think they will forget about come election time.

JTF wrote:C'mon...this jerk is a member of Parliament and should respect his office.

Society has become de-sensitized by rudeness, and negative behavior in general. What was outrageous decades ago is acceptable to a lot more people today.

17Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:57 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Society has become de-sensitized by rudeness, and negative behavior in general. What was outrageous decades ago is acceptable to a lot more people today.
That is exactly what is wrong with where society is going. We are all becoming desensitized to the crap going on around us. And because people arbitrarily dismiss it it grows.

There is nothing wrong with a society that does not feel it is okay for an elected member of Canadian parliament to "speak his mind" like martin does.

I await the day I meet martin in public. He will hear just how I feel about his classless ignorance...

18Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:05 am

Anonymous

To meet Martin, you will have to go around and dig under rocks. Wink

19Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:35 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Constituency Office
892 Sargent Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3E OC7

Very Happy Look for a pile of rocks, then begin digging. Very Happy

20Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:15 pm

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

I can be equally rude and vulgar without using specific four letter words. However don't kid yourself into thinking that even the most professional of people don't use the words that Pat Martin did on Twitter.

Again there are significantly more important issues that need more attention than this waste of time.

21Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Anonymous

Stonekiller wrote:

However don't kid yourself into thinking that even the most professional of people don't use the words that Pat Martin did on Twitter.

It's one thing to use those words in private, but quite another thing for a Member of Parliament to do so in public.

Shows his mother should be ashamed of her brat.

22Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

again.. I can understand him using it to pretend to vent frustration at the conservatives.. but when he used it against a citizen?

23Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:28 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Stonekiller wrote:I can be equally rude and vulgar without using specific four letter words. However don't kid yourself into thinking that even the most professional of people don't use the words that Pat Martin did on Twitter.

Again there are significantly more important issues that need more attention than this waste of time.
Whatever, it's that attitude that is changing what is acceptable behaviour of people today. You are okay with it. I am not.

Who gives a rat's a$$ about what other people post on the internet, including me and my fellow sandboxinians. We are talking about an elected Member of Parliament not you and I.

24Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

grumpy old man wrote:
Stonekiller wrote:I can be equally rude and vulgar without using specific four letter words. However don't kid yourself into thinking that even the most professional of people don't use the words that Pat Martin did on Twitter.

Whatever, it's that attitude that is changing what is acceptable behaviour of people today. You are okay with it. I am not.

Who gives a rat's a$$ about what other people post on the internet, including me and my fellow sandboxinians. We are talking about an elected Member of Parliament not you and I.

The irony of you using the term "Rat's A$$" is pretty funny.

His comments are inappropriate for the position in society that he holds, however if this were common language for him to use publicly then I would understand the uproar. This seems to me at least more of an isolated incident, and invokes more of a "Nothing to see here" mentality.

You talk about society accepting behaviour that to you is unacceptable, I am sure there is a number of people that would find some of the things you say as unacceptable. It is all a matter of perspective, just because I don't find his language offensive, doesn't mean I find it acceptable. It's a four letter word, get over it.

25Pat Martin is an Assclown Empty Re: Pat Martin is an Assclown Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

Another thing to note, would anyone have noticed his tweet without the profanity?

One has to wonder if this wasn't somewhat calculated on his part. It has people talking, I am sure there are other avenues that he could of taken, but it certainly has generated a lot of discussion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum