the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Someone else Asks why

+3
grumpy old man
Deank
Goth_chic
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Someone else Asks why Empty Someone else Asks why Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:07 am

Anonymous

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/hes_young_looks_good_so_what.html
I was wondering the same thing he hasn't even bought his . This just goes to show the hypocrisy of the Senate , Talk about trying to buy the native vote , Stephen you are so transparent it hurts . Just like that other Prime minister we had once , the one most hated when he left , even conservatives

2Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:17 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Yep..everyone hated Jean Chretien!

3Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:19 am

Anonymous

You guessed 2 points to the Girl. Very Happy

4Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:08 am

Anonymous

Colleen Simard is just pissed that she didn't get appointed.

She's also pissed that somebody has the balls to question her buddy Fontaine.

Who cares?

5Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:03 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"since it's not a membership-driven organization and because we know window dressing when we see it."
LOL....yeah Natives are the only ones on the planet that have the exclusive ability to see window dressing.. good call colleen that makes you look and sound not racist at all.

6Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:43 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Ummm. Colleen has an agenda. I think she wants more than 8% spent on her people by Manitoba and more than 3% by Canada.

You do the math.

7Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:43 am

Anonymous

Gee we touched a nearv did we , funny how some people have different perspectives of the issue. Sad how some of you don't like that .

8Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Simard raises some important issues, one being ethical considerations. Brazeau should not be allowed to remain at the helm of (WTF group was that anyway - CAP? - yeah it is window dressing) an organization that acts as a lobbying voice for supposedly 800,000 folks. I wonder who funds this group? Never heard of them until today.

I dunno, something stinks on this one and no, I am no fan of Philly boy but this appointment stinks to high hog heaven.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

9Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:30 pm

Anonymous

What's so different about this appointment? Can it be that the guy's an Indian and a Conservative and some cannot take it at face value.

Besides, who should Harper have appointed to the Senate...another Liberal....or perhaps EliMay? Wink

10Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:58 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I thought that for 2009, no one was going to criticise any of our politicians, especially Steven Harper, our 3rd best ever prime Minister! (2nd Mulroney, 1st- Diefenbaker)

http://www.elansofas.com

11Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:19 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Who cares what his ethnic background is? The issue as aptly presented by the columnist was one of credentials and credibility. As to who could be appointed I cannot answer that one.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

12Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:16 pm

St Norberter

St Norberter
major-contributor
major-contributor

But if you're talking about credibility - the writer loses all of it when she implies that Ken Dryden is a senator, and not an MP. That shouldn't be something that getes messed up. And it doesn't really matter if it is her or her editor, the whole column loses credibility when you can't get a simple fact like that straight.

What other information in the column is incorrect? I don;t know, but given the above gaffe, I'm suspecting more that if that mixup hadn't been made.

http://bgilchrist.wordpress.com/

13Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:18 pm

Anonymous

Miz point wrote:Who cares what his ethnic background is? The issue as aptly presented by the columnist was one of credentials and credibility. As to who could be appointed I cannot answer that one.
My point Thank You

14Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:21 pm

Anonymous

St Norberter wrote:But if you're talking about credibility - the writer loses all of it when she implies that Ken Dryden is a senator, and not an MP. That shouldn't be something that getes messed up. And it doesn't really matter if it is her or her editor, the whole column loses credibility when you can't get a simple fact like that straight.

What other information in the column is incorrect? I don;t know, but given the above gaffe, I'm suspecting more that if that mixup hadn't been made.

And that fact should make her unreadable or unbelieavable to all . Come on Prime Minsters never screw up. What about the one there now , he has screwed up big time and has now got to un bury himself .

Last edited by Pavolo on Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

15Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:22 pm

St Norberter

St Norberter
major-contributor
major-contributor

Pavolo wrote:
St Norberter wrote:But if you're talking about credibility - the writer loses all of it when she implies that Ken Dryden is a senator, and not an MP. That shouldn't be something that getes messed up. And it doesn't really matter if it is her or her editor, the whole column loses credibility when you can't get a simple fact like that straight.

And that fact should make her unreadable or unbelieavable to all . Come on Prime Minsters never screw up.

It's a simple fact that either the writer or her editor should have caught. If they couldn't catch that, then the rest of the information becomes suspect.

http://bgilchrist.wordpress.com/

16Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:27 pm

Anonymous

Yes they know window dressing they have heard it for many years from many so called organisations , that supposedly represent them .

17Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:19 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

It is sorta true. When someone testifying lies then the entire testimony becomes suspect. Journalists/reporters are paid to write accurate stories. Heck you yourself Pavolo elevated journalists to a special status. This error is a huge gaffe though as it would have been uber-easy to check. She did not. The rest of her story therefore is suspect. How can we trust her to write a factual story?

18Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:33 pm

Anonymous

Somethings wrong if you have to check to see if Dryden is a Senator. How friggn' basic can one get?

19Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:41 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Wasn't Ken Dryden a goalie?

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

20Someone else Asks why Empty Re: Someone else Asks why Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Anonymous

Yup.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum