the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manitoba Election 2011 predictions

+5
eViL tRoLl
grumpy old man
Outsider
Deank
Jondo
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:06 am

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

There are 57 seats

PC - 29

NDP - 24

Liberal - 4

2Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:20 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

green 30

pc 20
ndp 7

3Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:42 am

Outsider

Outsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

NDP - 29

PC - 26

Liberal - 2

4Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

As long as the ndp is turfed I could care less. Then we can get down to running this province without first pandering to every self-interest group and the unions.

No matter who wins (other than the ndp) the incoming government will have one hell of a financial mess to clean up.

Why Manitoban's can't or won't see what the ndp really does to this province is beyond me.

5Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 am

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Grumpy you came thisclose to endorsing the PC's. Come on - you can say it/type it.

Actually this phenomena of closet conservative is what's going to deliver a PC majority. I'm on a PC campaign team and I talk to voters who bleed orange and who tell me it's time for change.

6Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:39 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

My feelings on the matter are public record. I've worked two PC campaigns in the last five years.

It's not a matter of publicly endorsing the PCs. It's a matter of defeating the ndp...

7Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:47 am

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Great. Likewise. I spend 10 hrs/day on the effort of beating them. Today is another 40 lawn-signs and 10 pages of calling for volunteers. Let me know how much time you have for your conviction - I could sure use you. How's this for a a start - come to a free BBQ tonight in Lorette. It's only hot dogs and pop however we could use your body in the crowd. Plus me and you could turn it into a hotdog eating contest. I know I could take down at least 8 - how bout you?

8Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 am

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

grumpy old man wrote:As long as the ndp is turfed I could care less. Then we can get down to running this province without first pandering to every self-interest group and the unions.

Oh give me a break, there is absolutely no difference between PC and NDP - they are all related to or in bed with each other. We now had more than 50 years of this cronyism where NDP and PCs just pass the buck to each other and are increasing the financial mess. It's been before that time when people could be proud to call themselves Manitoban. Maybe it's time again for the Liberals to bring back the glory.

9Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:06 am

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

eViL tRoLl wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:As long as the ndp is turfed I could care less. Then we can get down to running this province without first pandering to every self-interest group and the unions.

Oh give me a break, there is absolutely no difference between PC and NDP - they are all related to or in bed with each other. We now had more than 50 years of this cronyism where NDP and PCs just pass the buck to each other and are increasing the financial mess. It's been before that time when people could be proud to call themselves Manitoban. Maybe it's time again for the Liberals to bring back the glory.

You're joking right... I'm sorry but the liberals in this province and in Canada don't have a clue, having said that, the NDP and PC's in this province also seem to be clueless as well. I think staying at home this election is more productive.

10Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:17 am

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

Stonekiller wrote:You're joking right... I'm sorry but the liberals in this province and in Canada don't have a clue, having said that, the NDP and PC's in this province also seem to be clueless as well. I think staying at home this election is more productive.

You probably have the best approach. I was just trying to muster some optimism for this election. Gerrard seems to be half decent though.

11Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:21 am

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

No difference between PC and NDP parties? Time again for the Liberals to bring back the glory? Yikes.

12Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:28 am

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

It's all down to the Devil you know and the one you don't. I honestly at this point don't care, both sides seem so wishy washy. Spouting the usual spineless platforms, not a single party is about actual change. The only issue that really interests me is the Bi-Pole. I want to see it go down the east side of the lake purely from a logical stand point. It's a shorter route. The NDP aren't going to change their minds regardless what the majority of the population thinks, and likewise the Conservatives are only wanting to change it because they know it is the opposite of what the NDP is doing.

13Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:33 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Stonekiller wrote:It's all down to the Devil you know and the one you don't. I honestly at this point don't care, both sides seem so wishy washy. Spouting the usual spineless platforms, not a single party is about actual change. The only issue that really interests me is the Bi-Pole. I want to see it go down the east side of the lake purely from a logical stand point. It's a shorter route. The NDP aren't going to change their minds regardless what the majority of the population thinks, and likewise the Conservatives are only wanting to change it because they know it is the opposite of what the NDP is doing.

The Greens believe that BIPOLE III isn't needed at all.

14Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

Yeah well won't vote for them either.

15Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:05 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

eViL tRoLl wrote:

What is it about my post that caused you so much angst?

Do you really believe that the right leaning PCs are not different policy-wise than the left leaning npd?

Or is your angst about the fact that all parties appear to be self-serving rather than ideology driven?

I suggested in my post what it was about the ndp that concerned me. In your post you bray "Oh give me a break". How be you contribute in a meaningful way to the dialogue?

BTW, I hit thanks instead of quote. I did not intend to thank you for your post.

16Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:30 pm

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

[quote="grumpy old man"]
eViL tRoLl wrote:
What is it about my post that caused you so much angst?

Do you really believe that the right leaning PCs are not different policy-wise than the left leaning npd?

The NDP may be pandering to SOME unions such as the doctors union, but they certainly screw over unions of regular working folks. And Tories are not "pandering" to anyone? Let's just see how many millions of subsidies they would send toward the Manitoba Club for their ominous projects if they were in power. There are no "ideologies" at all, just hunger for power and cushy pensions. So what are the substantial differences then - Selinger wants to hire 2000 nurses, and McFadyen only 1700. Wow - HUGE ideological difference for sure.

17Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Nope, the ndp panders to all unions. A great example is the floodway terms non-union shops had to swallow.

You then say let's look at what the PCs pander to but don't offer up any qualified suggestions. I say they will likely "pander" to business. Since we need business to grow is that a bad thing?

What is the Manitoba Club projects you mention?

Lose the antagonistic approach. It really does not help.

18Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

lets not forget that the floodway authority continues to exist today and is responsible for bulding the east side road for the next few years...

19Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:00 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The Floodway: the ndp's gift to unions: a gift that keeps on giving...

20Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 pm

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

grumpy old man wrote:The Floodway: the ndp's gift to unions: a gift that keeps on giving...

one would think that competitive bidding is legislated for large capital projects, or are unions just the way to get cheap labour?

I also thought that we like the floodway, given the situation this spring.

21Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:09 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Evil Troll do you understand what the ndp did on this project?

Under the Master Labour Agreement, companies bidding on the $665-million project to expand the floodway must meet strict employment equity quotas and hire a portion of unionized workers even if they operate a non-union shop.

http://www.gov.mb.ca/legislature/hansard/2nd-38th/vol_024/h024.html

22Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:27 pm

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

grumpy old man wrote:Evil Troll do you understand what the ndp did on this project?

Under the Master Labour Agreement, companies bidding on the $665-million project to expand the floodway must meet strict employment equity quotas and hire a portion of unionized workers even if they operate a non-union shop.

[url=http://www.gov.mb.ca/legislature/hansard/2nd-38th/vol_024/h024.html
http://www.gov.mb.ca/legislature/hansard/2nd-38th/vol_024/h024.html[/quote[/url]]

indeed that is shocking, and I have no sympathies for NDP. although with respect to floodway expansion all seems to have turned out well:

http://winnipeglabour.ca/fldway.shtml

23Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:11 am

Anonymous

Turned out well????

Perhaps for the friggin unions!!

This kind of WASTE is why were are a have-not province.

24Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:30 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Heh heh

Note the source for the "turned out well" comment.

No doubt the flood-way is a huge benefit to Winnipeg and kudos to everyone involved. However, the flood-way itself was not the issue.

25Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Empty Re: Manitoba Election 2011 predictions Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Why has nobody asked Selinger "You've had 12 years to address the issues, why are you making all these promises now, on the eve of an election?"

Rather than hearing how anyone is going to pump money into hiring more teachers and building more schools for the K-3 grades as a solution to the second highest drop out rate in Canada and whether my community centre is going to get a facelift and look pretty while it sits empty because there are no volunteers as a solution to increasing violent crime, or building more RHA facilities as the answer to waiting lists, I want to hear policies which they will follow for the next 4 years.

The NDP have had 12 years to address these issues, but we are on the brink of another recession, and Selinger tells us that the Manitoba economy is doing fine. 33% of the provincial revenue comes from transfer payments. So, do we expect that to continue for infinity or what? Do we like being a "have not" province? Is it fun to watch our children leave the province for better opportunity elsewhere?

The NDP have created a hostile environment for anyone to do business in the province. Our personal income tax is the highest west of Quebec. We have a payroll tax, yes, they actually charge business for employing people. Selinger is arguing that the Wheat Board is a head office, so he wants to keep it. Right, another monoply created by government, we need those don't we? But keep raising the minimum wage so that cost gets passed on to us as consumers.

He's promised that our car insurance and hydro rates will be the lowest in the country. Nothing like more political interference in a Crown Corporation. But, its ok, because if MPI and Hydro charge us too much, he'll make sure that they give us back our own money. I guess that will only be done 5 months before the next election as well.

Take a good look and see what the Commie bastards have done to this province, they think about who you'll vote for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum