the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel!

+3
Stonekiller
Triniman
rosencrentz
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:29 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

A U.N. report that says Israel reacted with too much force in boarding a boat headed for Gaza last year has caused Turkey to kick out Israel's ambassador!

Israel refused to apologize.

This is bad news for Israel, as it has a hard time making friends.

We all know how fair the U.N. is!

http://www.elansofas.com

2Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:42 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

You read that wrong. Israel has decided to give up turkey, the meat, in favour of beef, chicken and gillette fish.

Dislestic much?

3Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:19 am

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

And people wonder why Israel is so disliked amongst other nations. It seems that everyone has a bone to pick with them. Maybe Israel needs to stop being international jerks, and try to be a bit more cooperative with it's neighbors. Might go a long way in making peace with the Palestinians.

Of course now that I said that the anti-semitism squad is going to put me away...

4Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:54 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Stonekiller- don't worry, I have put a good word in for you, just don't answer your front or back dooe for the next 36 hours! lol

The problem is anti semitism, and the bad press. Very few people see anything to do with Israel in a neutral view.

Anti-semitism is everywhere, and the bad? reporting is everywhere.

In 1947 the Jewish people accepted the U.N's setting up the boundaries, and the Arab's answered with 6 countries invading the outnumbered Jews. It was very close to another extermination, and only Czechoslovakia selling bullets and guns to the Jews saved Israel's defense of their new land. This of course was done with the Soviet Union's intent on solidifying the Soviets in Arab land (for oil), and making USA look bad.

Israel has managed to become stronger than its hostile Arab countries, and has worked continually for peaceful relations with its Arab neighbours. They got peace with Egypt and Jordan, after a +20 year peace talks.

The Arabs living in Israel have full civilian rights, an unheard of situation in any Arab country.

Palestine and Israel will have an agreement, but without the terrorists having a say in things? I personally hope that Israel will forget that "terrorists" in Palestine mean anything, and get on with the signed peace treaty so everyone can move towards a safer , secure border.

Having missiles fired continually from Gaza at random times and places into Israel is a little "unsecure"!

5Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:52 am

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Rosen is correct. Many people (biased) seem to choose to overlook those facts. The Arab legion has some reconciliation to do - not Isreal.

6Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:27 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

What gets me is there are +300,000,000 Arabs with lots of sand property, and those palestinians haven't made a move in 60 years to get out of those tents, waiting for free food and water, while the Israelis move continuously to improve their country, taking in any and all rich, poor, old, infirm Jew , for better or for worse.

The country started with 240,000 and now has 5,000,000 jews and 2,000,000 non jews.

There are 300,000,000 Arabs all around them.

7Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:44 am

sputnik

sputnik
contributor plus
contributor plus

The problem there is that everyone in the area believes that Israel is somehow magically sacred to their religion.

In reality, while it may have some historical importance, it really is just another bunch of rocks and sand no different than the rocks and sand elsewhere in the area.

Until Jews and Muslims can focus on spiritual matters instead of getting hung up on physical artifacts, the area will always be in contention.

8Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:16 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I think that Israelis have taken a huge amount of sand and converted it to profitable farms.

I also believe that 87% or more of the problems in the World are caused because of "spiritual" nonsense!

Too many very spiritual men with their Kalishnikovs, and the attitude of I will have to kill you and your family if you don't follow my "spiritual way"!

9Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:41 am

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

I'm still amazed that rosencrentz is able to have a serious discussion without his usual troll-like sarcasm.

You are back in my good books for now, Rosy.

10Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

rosencrentz wrote:Stonekiller- don't worry, I have put a good word in for you, just don't answer your front or back dooe for the next 36 hours! lol

The problem is anti semitism, and the bad press. Very few people see anything to do with Israel in a neutral view.

Anti-semitism is everywhere, and the bad? reporting is everywhere.

In 1947 the Jewish people accepted the U.N's setting up the boundaries, and the Arab's answered with 6 countries invading the outnumbered Jews. It was very close to another extermination, and only Czechoslovakia selling bullets and guns to the Jews saved Israel's defense of their new land. This of course was done with the Soviet Union's intent on solidifying the Soviets in Arab land (for oil), and making USA look bad.

Israel has managed to become stronger than its hostile Arab countries, and has worked continually for peaceful relations with its Arab neighbours. They got peace with Egypt and Jordan, after a +20 year peace talks.

The Arabs living in Israel have full civilian rights, an unheard of situation in any Arab country.

Palestine and Israel will have an agreement, but without the terrorists having a say in things? I personally hope that Israel will forget that "terrorists" in Palestine mean anything, and get on with the signed peace treaty so everyone can move towards a safer , secure border.

Having missiles fired continually from Gaza at random times and places into Israel is a little "unsecure"!

Honestly I understand the Palestinian anger, they had more than 50% of their land taken away from them. At the time there more Palestinian Arabs in the region than Jewish people and yet the Jewish people were given more land than the Palestinians.

Honestly looking at the history, one has to wonder what the premise behind the creation of the Jewish state was really about. The League of nations, and the newly formed United Nations had to have some clue as to the animosity that was created when the Jewish state was created. The Arab league was pissed, and felt tread upon, and I don't blame them.

Hindsight being 20/20 I wonder if knowing what they know now, would the UN still have pushed for a Jewish state? One could easily argue that a significant amount of the international problems today would be significantly lessened, would 9-11 have happened, which then triggered two major conflicts, one with Iraq, and the other with the Afghanistani Taliban? I would fathom that Al Queda wouldn't exist as it does today.

There is lots to wonder.

11Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:23 am

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Stonekiller - should Jews be homeless?

12Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:10 am

Anonymous

Is it right to take someone's home and give it to another?

13Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:24 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

One can argue all day long, and if you don't have the facts, then all you have is a lot of bullcrap! No one took any ones homes away. The Jews took over a bunch of abandoned homes after the Muslims attacked Israel, and the local Muslims ran for fear! That is the Jewish point of view, I think. 60 years ago the Muslims that left opened shop across the border, built beautiful tents to house themselves and have stayed there for 60 years, praying to God to help them return.

The Muslims that stayed ,appx 2,000,000 , have full citizenship in Israel, have members elected to represent them in parliament. No Jew in any Muslim country have that available.

Jews have historically been treated like crap, and that is over the last 5000 years or so.

I believe that is simply because they are a min ority, and Man's treatment of minorities over the years is pretty grim!

Religion is the cause of many , many murdering murderers, with the minorities getting whacked all over the world.

The new Museum of Murdered people being built in Winnipeg , will solve that problem once and for all , preventing that from happening in Winnipeg, except in the North End. In other countries it will have no effect.

14Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:37 am

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

Jondo wrote:Stonekiller - should Jews be homeless?

Prior to 1947 where did the Jewish people live? Prior to WW2 even?

Why was it decided that the creation of a Jewish state was needed? To say sorry for what Germany did? Why didn't they annex part of Germany to form Israel?

Aside from the religious aspects of the particular area that Israel now occupies, why there?

Again hindsight being what it is do you think the UN would have made the same decision knowing what we know now?

15Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:53 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"Why was it decided that the creation of a Jewish state was needed?"

Because there were millions of them homeless and no one wanted to take them. Jews were smuggled into Palestine and with the increase in numbers they now had enough people to wage a war of independence.

16Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:00 am

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Yes I would say they are owed the greatest of apologies. From Germany especially. That was the least that should have been done for those remaining. The coming war will redraw lines - so the anti-semites may get their wish yet. But I doubt it - the Jews have a way of producing miracles - such as past military defenses and the general turning of wasteland into enviable fertile lands.

17Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:01 am

Stonekiller

Stonekiller
contributor
contributor

Jondo wrote:Yes I would say they are owed the greatest of apologies. From Germany especially. That was the least that should have been done for those remaining. The coming war will redraw lines - so the anti-semites may get their wish yet. But I doubt it - the Jews have a way of producing miracles - such as past military defenses and the general turning of wasteland into enviable fertile lands.

Amazing what you can do when you have the backing of the US Military and Government.

18Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:05 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Stonekiller wrote:
Jondo wrote:Yes I would say they are owed the greatest of apologies. From Germany especially. That was the least that should have been done for those remaining. The coming war will redraw lines - so the anti-semites may get their wish yet. But I doubt it - the Jews have a way of producing miracles - such as past military defenses and the general turning of wasteland into enviable fertile lands.

Amazing what you can do when you have the backing of the US Military and Government.

not to mention Billions and Billions from Germany.

19Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:26 am

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

So I guess you guy are saying the Jews are not the chosen people?

20Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:52 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Well since I am not Jewish it would be difficult for me to believe that they are the only chosen ones. But that was not my point. My point was simply a rebuttal to your " the general turning of wasteland into enviable fertile lands." Even I could turn a wasteland into lush farming land if I had that kind of money.

I wonder just how many of the worlds wars would grind to a halt if the trillions spent on war were instead spent on irrigation?

21Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:I wonder just how many of the worlds wars would grind to a halt if the trillions spent on war were instead spent on irrigation?

The farmer in the dell
The farmer in the dell
Hi-ho,The derry-o
The farmer in the dell

22Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Look for the trillions spent on pointless war to end real soon. That means Israel is on it's own. As you know - the USA is bankrupt so this reality is right around the corner. That means Israel will be attacked in short order. Russia and China have been too quiet lately. The world stage is setting for WWIII. Who would have thought this even 15 years ago?

23Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Jondo wrote:Look for the trillions spent on pointless war to end real soon. That means Israel is on it's own. As you know - the USA is bankrupt so this reality is right around the corner. That means Israel will be attacked in short order. Russia and China have been too quiet lately. The world stage is setting for WWIII. Who would have thought this even 15 years ago?

You got a crystal ball, Jondo? Been watching Jack Van Impe?

24Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

me. as taught to me by my awesome social studies teacher. this will be the trigger for usa to invade for our resources.

25Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Empty Re: Turkey Cuts Ties With Israel! Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:57 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Triniman you just need to open your eyes to see what is playing out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum