the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

CBC survey/poll complaint

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CBC survey/poll complaint Empty CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:10 am

Anonymous

I have sent in my complaint to Elections Canada regarding the actions of the CBC in the matter of the 'fixed' survey which defaults to The Liberal Party ONLY.

Anyone else that wishes to do the same....

commissionersoffice@elections.ca

This time I'm going to hold my breathe waiting for some action.

I've asked that the CBC remove the advertising for the Liberanos.

2CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:15 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The cbc is so arrogant they'll simply dismiss any and all such submissions.

Did ya notice liz may said should her green party get elected they'll throw another half billion dollars into that money-sucking-behemoth?

The sooner we sell this monstrosity the better.

3CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:17 am

Anonymous

I filled a complaint with Elections Canada. The CBC cannot do nothing. They have to react I figure.

4CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:15 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Where is this survey?

5CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:17 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

6CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:56 am

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Thanks for the link JTF. I just let them know that I expect an inquiry into this crown corps political racketeering practices. And that I expect a formal response to my complaint. I'll post that here when it comes.

7CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Anonymous

I just received an e-mail from Elections Canada which simply said

"We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail".

8CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

snicker

good thing that elections canada has no bias eh?

9CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:34 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I'm surprised you received that.

10CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

I received the same sentence. It appeared to be human-generted bu my guess now is that it's an auto-reply.

11CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Anonymous

Well, at least they have received our complaints.

In my complaint, I asked that Elections Canada order them to shut the thing down.

I'm still waiting, but not holding my breathe this time.

12CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

unless they are registered as a Third Party advertiser to the process they should be shut down.

and they are not registered.

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=pol&document=41ge&dir=thi/tie&lang=e

the rules that apply to 3rd party advertising

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=pol&document=index&dir=thi/que&lang=e

13CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:35 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I am now voting Green, because the CBC deserves another $500,000.
Harper spent $2,000,000,000 on HIS G-20 nonsense! Boy do They know how to spend money on all the important things, Guns, Planes, and Jails!
Vanity , thy name is Harper!

http://www.elansofas.com

14CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Those are all needed - including our committment for that useless Security Summit, unfortunately.

15CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:16 am

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Mr Dube:

Thank you for your communication of April 5 2011 concerning the “Vote Compass” tool that is found on the CBC news web site. Your concern is that this tool favours one political party and may deceive some electors.

While the Canada Elections Act regulates communications by “third parties” (entities other than registered political parties and candidates), it also recognizes that not all communication to the public that is from or about a political party or candidate during an election period will be subject to the Act. For the most part, the Act is concerned about “election advertising” by third parties, a term that is defined in the Act. The definition of “election advertising” in the Act contains exclusions. Among other things, the definition excludes “the transmission to the public of an editorial, a debate, a speech, an interview, a column, a letter, a commentary or news”. This recognizes the important role played by the media in democratic debate.

The information available to us does not allow us to conclude that the Vote Compass tool falls within the definition of election advertising, or that it offends any other provision of the Canada Elections Act.

Consequently, this Office is not in a position to change or remove the CBC Vote Compass tool. You may wish to consider bringing your concern to the attention of the CBC by referring to “contact us” on the Website: www.cbc.ca.

The Office of the Commissioner

16CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:19 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

LOL..

they advertised it all over the entire webospere and printosphere and the tool manipulates people improperly.

I guess it would be okay for me to put pictures of babies and flowers and money all over the places and hide subliminal advertising for the CHP in it?

17CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:36 am

Anonymous

...and I thought that I was special....

Dear Dumbass Conservative:

Thank you for your communication of April 5 2011 concerning the “Vote Compass” tool that is found on the CBC news web site. Your concern is that this tool seems to favours one political party.

While the Canada Elections Act regulates communications by “third parties” (entities other than registered political parties and candidates), it also recognizes that not all communication to the public that is from or about a political party or candidate during an election period will be subject to the Act. For the most part, the Act is concerned about “election advertising” by third parties, a term that is defined in the Act. The definition of “election advertising” in the Act contains exclusions. Among other things, the definition excludes “the transmission to the public of an editorial, a debate, a speech, an interview, a column, a letter, a commentary or news”. This recognizes the important role played by the media in democratic debate.

The information available to us does not allow us to conclude that the Vote Compass tool falls within the definition of election advertising, or that it offends any other provision of the Canada Elections Act.

Consequently, this Office is not in a position to change or remove the CBC Vote Compass tool. You may wish to consider bringing your concern to the attention of the CBC by referring to “contact us” on the Website: www.cbc.ca.

The Office of the Commissioner

18CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:38 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

WOW! What are the odds you'd get identical letters?

19CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:42 am

Anonymous

Heh...I guess I'm not so special.

Soooo...pretty much all the crap that the Conservatives have been hassled for by Elections Canada is nonsense imo.

It is clear that they are very selective in what they challenge.

20CBC survey/poll complaint Empty Re: CBC survey/poll complaint Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:45 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

read the elections Canada rules closely and submit a better complaint based specifically on the rules. Dont allow them to simply wiggle out of an investigation by saying they have no jurisdiction. Prove they do and then they cant simply reply with a form letter.

Also. Get a lawyer friend involved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum