the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can we trust Ignatieff?

+3
Jondo
Goth_chic
grumpy old man
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Can we trust Ignatieff? Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:05 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I've been reading a thread on the darkside started by sputnik:

Can we trust Ignatieff?
by sputnik on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:45 am

Apparently in the past few years Iggy forgot where his family came from.

Watch this Liberal ad.

Now read this.

The Liberal Party has released new TV ads featuring Michael Ignatieff talking about his family.

It's heartwarming stuff : Ignatieff describes his dad as an immigrant who "came off a boat in 1928 without anything" and worked his way "up the ladder one rung at a time."

"Nothing is ever given to you, everything has to be earned."

Ignatieff told CTV his "family lost everything in the Russian revolution. They started over again in Canada. They came here with nothing."

But according to Ignatieff's own book about his family, The Russian Album, that's just not true. Ignatieff's family weren't regular Russians. They were high-ranking ministers in the government of the czar. They're aristocracy, actually -- Michael Ignatieff himself is a count, a title he will pass on to his son,Theo, and so on.

The Ignatieffs were powerful players in the czar's dictatorship. When the Russian revolution succeeded, the Ignatieffs fled the country.

But like so many, they were able to squirrel away money. The Ignatieffs fled to London in 1919, where they had £25,000 waiting for them in a bank. That's worth more than $2 million in today's currency. The Ignatieffs lived there for nine years before moving to Canada in 1928.

Why is Ignatieff trying to revise his family's history to make them sound like poor working class shlubs?Why did he say his dad came herewith nothing -- when in fact his family were the equivalent of multi-millionaires?

2Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:08 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I ordinarily wouldn't do this but I've been greatly annoyed by the pompous asses known as zander and master of chant.

These two twits have ignored the issue in their zeal to bash the conservatives. Since the cowards over there won't let me post there I'll post here.

The pompous asses known as zander and master of chant can join the sandbox to defend themselves if they have the nads.

They don't...

3Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:10 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I'll go slowly for the benefit of the pompous asses known as zander and master of chant.

The point IS NOT that count iggy is less a Canadian as harper. The point is that count iggy wrote one thing in his book and a very contradictory thing in the ad.

That is obvious by all but three people.

4Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Those two are commie bastards! Wink But unlike them I support their right to free speech. Most lefties are not very tolerant of those who hold opposing views. Apparently all they care about are Count Iggys stance on the issues, hmmmm really? If Harper lied about his family roots they would be out for his blood. Just goes to show you how transparent they are. End of rant!!!! LOL

5Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:24 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

A Count - how fitting. It's hard to explain other than to say that he makes me sick. Everything about him. Canadian's will soundly reject him and he'll go off to try and be important somewhere else (USA). I've read some of his stuff - he actually thinks it's his destiny to rule. At this stage of politics in Canada - a farmer would have a better chance than this pompous a-hole.

Here's how his speech will go on May 2nd 11pm.

Canadian's have spoken. They have chosen a political path that real Canadian's like myself and others feel is the wrong..........blah blah.

Good riddance.

6Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

as a sandboxian of the selfmoderating sandbox I take issue with direct attacks on peeps like that GOM. You can discuss the issues without making it personal like that no?

and no.. we can't trust Iggie. He does not deserve our trust. He does not deserve to be leader of the Liberals. His pompous royal upbringing is showing his true colours.I would think that on the eve of a possible triggering of an election that will do nothing but cost Libs seats many MPs, especially recently elected ones that dont have a full pension as of yet would be seriously considering breaking ranks if not to cross the floor.. to at least sit independently

7Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:48 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I totally can discuss the issues without attacking peeps. I pledge to do better in the future.

8Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:08 am

Anonymous

Harper is polling at 43%...in the majority area.

Count Iggy is at 24%...2% lower than Dion had polled.

9Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:22 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Imagine that eh? It's that arrogant smirk...

10Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:39 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Who knows what the truth is?
In times of war the 1st casualty is the truth!
With reporting , we dont get the truth!
You couldn't handle the truth! lol

VOTE GREEN!! lol

http://www.elansofas.com

11Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:40 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

43-24 is before the Liberal attack ads!
Let us see what it is in 4 weeks time!

12Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Winklovic

Winklovic
contributor
contributor

I hope there's a libertarian candidate in my riding.

13Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:05 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

That would be every bit a wasted vote as is voting for the Green Party and the ndp.

14Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I predict Green party pics up two seats this election. Cost to NDP and Lib votes.

15Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:09 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I predict even May does not get elected.

16Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

I predict that May barely holds her seat - and that being the only Green. NDP lose net 5, Lib's lose net 6 and bloc loses 5. That's about 16. I believe the C's only need a gain of 12 for a majority - correct?

17Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Anonymous

May has a seat? A huge arse, but no seat in Parliament.

18Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Yes I believe you're right. Though didn't she and another Green win seats in the election just prior to last? I think they went from 2 to zero lst time. Refresh me. Thx

19Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

no seat.. she has never had one. I believe a green crossed the floor at one time not sure about that though.

20Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Yes they won one and then down to zero last election.

21Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:37 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Why would anyone ask if we can trust Iggy?
The question should be what to do with the 1st Prime Minister of Canada to ever be convicted of , was it arrogance? or was it contempt? or are they the same?

22Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

For what - for not providing the as yet unavailable service cost amounts for the new jets? The numbers can only be speculative at this point. Strange how everybody overlooks the Liberals tabling a $2m cost for the Gun Registry and it being closer to $2.2B. That's about 10 times worse than what the left are now parading around. They count on political ignorance to make their gains.

23Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:00 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I think there is ample evidence of both the Conservatives and Liberals screwing things up, but really that is the way things go.
The 2 parties take turns, most of them do their best and then when the few bad apples make the headlines, we give the "other" crooks their turn.

24Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Rosie you sure do know how to put it. That's been the way of politics for too long. That's what should change after this election.

25Can we trust Ignatieff? Empty Re: Can we trust Ignatieff? Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Winklovic

Winklovic
contributor
contributor

rosencrentz wrote:I think there is ample evidence of both the Conservatives and Liberals screwing things up, but really that is the way things go.
The 2 parties take turns, most few of them do their best and then when the few many bad apples make the headlines, we give the "other" crooks their turn.

FIFY.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum