the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Real Christmas Tree or Artificial???

+3
FlyingRat
Goth_chic
grumpy old man
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:22 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Real-vs-artificial-what-christmas-tree-do-you-prefer
So... What'cha doin'? Are you a traditionalist and insists on a real Christmas tree? Or are you a fan of the artificial tree??? Me? I'm on my way out the door to look at the newest artificial trees that include the lights.

2Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:23 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I prefer a real tree. This year we have a artificial one, want to get a real tree when the kids are a bit older.

3Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:51 am

Anonymous

Used to have real as a kid have gone to artificial as much easier to clean up from and less firerisk in the house .

4Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:10 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Artificial. The tree stays up all December long, plus into the first 2 weeks of Jan. We got a pre-lit one this year - very nice!

5Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

real tree for christmas. Having an artificial tree.. is just that an artificial tree.. not a Christmas tree.

6Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:36 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

I'd prefer real...I enjoy the smell and decorating it. My wife is allergic to them though...so artificial it is.

The one we have now is pre-lit...but the cat has all but ruined it already.

I've been looking at the new one CT has...pre-lit, but you can choose if you want white or multi-color or both with a push of a button.

What I WISH they would do...is take all the great ideas for artificial trees and combine them.

Like the "spring back" branches, the spinning tree, the lights (as stated above), in LED, etc. Make one "ultimate tree" (for a reasonable price). That'd probably be the one I would get.

http://www.photage.ca

7Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:36 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

AGEsAces wrote:I've been looking at the new one CT has...pre-lit, but you can choose if you want white or multi-color or both with a push of a button.
Now that is a great idea. I bought one with white lights only. It would be cool to switch between colored and white.

8Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:01 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"It would be cool to switch between colored and white."

..insert your own joke or come back here...

9Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:24 pm

Anonymous

I can only think what what Eddy Murphy would do with this opening.

10Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:26 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

AGEsAces wrote:I've been looking at the new one CT has...pre-lit, but you can choose if you want white or multi-color or both with a push of a button. .
That's the one we got. It's awesome. It can also fade in and out between the two settings.

Has anyone ever done or know somebody that did an upside-down tree?

11Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:29 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

My dad, one Christmas, couldn't find the color code to the branches. He made a cone Christmas tree.
We have two artificial trees. The one I put up is, straighten out the branches, and it's ready. My gal's tree needs alot of patience. My patience...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

12Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:33 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh my dad one year... well all of us..
Went Christmas tree hunting on teh 23rd. it was -45... every tree we cut down looked great standing up and as soon as it fell half the branches would fall off. After about the 5th tree my dad said screw it.. I will fix it at home.. We cut down a couple of trees more.. took them and the broken branches all home.. he cut some more branches off the "parts" trees and drilled holes in the "show" tree and used glue to glue the "parts" into the tree
Freakin awesome tree that year. santa

13Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:58 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

FlyingRat wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:I've been looking at the new one CT has...pre-lit, but you can choose if you want white or multi-color or both with a push of a button. .
That's the one we got. It's awesome. It can also fade in and out between the two settings.

Has anyone ever done or know somebody that did an upside-down tree?

I am completely turned off by the upside-down one. I look at it and just shake my head.
I understand the "concept" and "novelty" of it...and as a joke or background decoration for some comedic effect...fine...but not as an actual family tree.

My wife got excited this year because CT also has a 1/2 tree. Designed to go up against a wall, but takes up less than 1/2 the space because it's not out in the middle of the room. Again...I understand the concept...but there's just something wrong about it...plus, I wouldn't be able to put my Christmas Train around only 1/2 a tree Wink.

14Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

".plus, I wouldn't be able to put my Christmas Train around only 1/2 a tree "
cut holes in the walls.. have it go into other rooms.. that would be way cooler anyway.

15Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:05 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:".plus, I wouldn't be able to put my Christmas Train around only 1/2 a tree "
cut holes in the walls.. have it go into other rooms.. that would be way cooler anyway.

Don't give me ideas...cause it's something I WOULD do...if I knew my wife wouldn't kill me Wink.

I'd like to find more track for this train, so I can suspend it from the ceiling and have it go all the way around the room Smile.

16Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:17 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Yes, get 2 half trees, and place them on opposite sides of the walls... have the train going through the walls at the base of the tree.

17Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:55 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

At least now i have someone to blame when I start cutting holes in the walls Very Happy

18Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:01 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh...I blame you guys for all sorts of things.. so its only fair I guess.

19Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:57 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Make sure the tracks go through the fridge too. Cool
If you put it up in the rec room, have it go through the freezer. Great way to get yourself the ice cubes for your evening shot of whisky on the rocks.

20Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:35 pm

sun_wukong

sun_wukong

I prefer a purple, vibrating one the size of my fist... what are we talking about? Oh, trees... yeah, I picked up a real one this weekend. I love the smell of pine and sap in the morning!

21Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Empty Re: Real Christmas Tree or Artificial??? Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:27 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Now EVERYONE knows you were talking about Bolt's vibrating tail. Right?
You spilled ink on it. Right? cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum