the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Case For Legalizing Marijuana

+5
Deank
AGEsAces
Mantha
RogerStrong
rosencrentz
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:00 pm

AGEsAces

Quite honestly, I think marijuana (and other drugs) should be treated the same as alcohol or tobacco.

With either, if you want to make your own, there's nothing really stopping you...even to make a little extra to give to your friends.
But if you decide you want to open your own brewery, or tobacco farm, you need a license, and to meet specific standards/regulations.

Otherwise, you can go down to the local store and (with proper ID) buy what you want to take home and enjoy.

The same could/should be done with marijuana (or even other drugs).
There could be specialty shops for the more elaborate stuff (like cigar shops today), or just simple doobs in cartons for OTC purchases at Safeway.

Stores should have the option NOT to sell any, even if they sell tobacco, so it could limit availability.

Like it was mentioned before...doing so won't STOP the bootlegging (there's still bootleg alcohol & tobacco out there and always will be), but it will control costs, product stability (ie. not lacing the marijuana with coke), safety, and gather a tax revenue currently avoided by the "dealers".

http://www.photage.ca

27The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:55 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So marihuana, for pain relief, is legal, except try and get a prescription for it! I have tried from my GP and from my neuro surgeon, and they just laughed.

I read an article that there are very few Doctors that are willing to prescribe, but I haven't really tried through the pain clinic, who just keep me on lots of pills!

I guess I could look for some youngsters to get me some?

I have never tried any , ever,! I think I missed the 1960's and 70's!

http://www.elansofas.com

28The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:32 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I'll call my medicinal supplier guy tonight and ask him if he knows of city doctors that are at least willing to talk to patients and consider helping them

29The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:28 pm

Anonymous

A couple of years ago, I had a surgeon recommend the use of pot for pain. He was quite a young guy btw

30The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

31The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Here's what PM Harper has to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFp210pZSKk

32The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:22 am

Anonymous

Where it comes to marijuana, Harper is an idiot that doesn't know just how much in the dark he is in reality.

His position is not well thought out and is chock full of holes.

33The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:12 am

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

My only beef about legalizing pot is that

a) it stinks like sh1t
b) that stench carries farther than cigarette smoke does

I've got a neighbor 4 or 5 homes down, and in the summer if he lights up I can smell it in the upstairs bedroom. Maybe that's just some super potent stuff, I don't know. Wink

http://yaciuk.blogspot.com

34The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:19 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

JTF wrote:Where it comes to marijuana, Harper is an idiot that doesn't know just how much in the dark he is in reality.

His position is not well thought out and is chock full of holes.

Harper should watch "Weeds." It's beyond hysterical and it may change his views on pot.

35The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:08 am

Anonymous

I think that marijuana has to be segregated from "drugs" and thought of separately with reasoned thought before it will be de-regulated.

36The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Totally agree. Either that or lump alcohol in with drugs and ban that substance. What are the odds of that happening?

So yeah, let's lose the hypocritical label and "de-regulate" it. And to hell with the Americans demands we NOT decriminalize it...

37The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:20 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Mantha wrote:My only beef about legalizing pot is that

a) it stinks like sh1t
b) that stench carries farther than cigarette smoke does

I've got a neighbor 4 or 5 homes down, and in the summer if he lights up I can smell it in the upstairs bedroom. Maybe that's just some super potent stuff, I don't know. Wink

LOL.. is it THAT neighbour???

38The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:33 am

Mantha

Mantha
contributor plus
contributor plus

grumpy old man wrote:And to hell with the Americans demands we NOT decriminalize it...

The money to be made in tourism dollars alone would make us a world superpower!

http://yaciuk.blogspot.com

39The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 pm

Anonymous

It would go a long way in paying off our debts if we legalized it like alcohol and taxed it. No question there.

40The Case For Legalizing Marijuana - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case For Legalizing Marijuana Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:44 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Mantha - what street address? what is his phone number? PM me , please!!

http://www.elansofas.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum