the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

LPGA Players come to Winnipeg for CN Canadian Women's Open

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

So tonight is the night. I an volunteering in the player transportation group and we have a pick up at the Wpg International Airport tonight for about 40 players coming in from Portland Oregon.
I am looking forward to this week to have the opportunity to see some of the world's best female golfer play in person, not just on TV.
I know that there are a few golfers on this forum so I am curious if any one else is going to watch any of the rounds or is voluteering as well.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Have fun holly. Let's hope this weather sticks around until next Sunday!

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Thanks GOM, looks like at least the rain is to stay away for most of the week, although the temps will drop.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

I'm going to be playing 2 rounds at Hecla on Friday, but I hope to make it out to watch some of the most awesome golfers anywhere, on Sat. or Sunday. I hope I can just get tickets at the course.

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Yes you can get tickets at the admissions tent. But something that you need to know is you have to park at Assiniboine Downs and take a shuttle from there to the golf course as the admissions gate is not on a public street and all of the streets around the club have restricted access to residents only and official vehicles.

Also if you can go on Tuesday (I know most are working but....) it is the children's day so any adult accompanying a child (15 and under)is admitted free. Practice rounds are all day and there is a National Skills challenge for the juniors as well as a skill clinic.

Cameras will not be allowed on the course Thursday-Sunday but will be on Monday - Wednesday.

If there is anything else someone wants to know, let me know and I will find out.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Good information, Holly! I did not know about the parking, cameras, etc. I just thought I would park "in the area" and walk over. I still might try that.

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Well if you like long walks go for it. We were at the golf course yesterday and the shortest walk in is about from Portage Avenue. Even the volunteers who are working at the course have to park at the Downs and take the shuttle in.
Check out the web site for other info
http://www.cncanadianwomensopen.com
It should be an awesome time. Hope you can make it and enjoy it.

Outsider

Outsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

I hope its not too hot.
Or I will be forced to stay home. Crying or Very sad

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The forecast looks quite promising actually... Maybe one day in the low 30's, the rest in the mid 20's.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

holly golightly wrote:Well if you like long walks go for it. We were at the golf course yesterday and the shortest walk in is about from Portage Avenue. Even the volunteers who are working at the course have to park at the Downs and take the shuttle in.
Check out the web site for other info
http://www.cncanadianwomensopen.com
It should be an awesome time. Hope you can make it and enjoy it.

So, who did you meet at the airport?

Parking at the Downs looks like the smart thing for me to do.

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

I had the pleasure of driving Jill McGill and her caddie ray to their respective hotels. She is not well known but is a very nice person, funny and personable. got to see Juli Inkster, Morgan Pressel, Christina Kim. I left before Michelle Wie showed up but it took quite a bit to get her and her family plus all of their stuff to the hotel. Will let you know later today who else I meet as I am again driving to and from the airport and golf course this afternoon.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

a golfer and their Caddie dont stay at the same hotel?

interesting and not what I would have expected at all.

Or is it, all the caddies stay at one hotel and all the golfers stay at another?

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

holly golightly wrote:I had the pleasure of driving Jill McGill and her caddie ray to their respective hotels. She is not well known but is a very nice person, funny and personable. got to see Juli Inkster, Morgan Pressel, Christina Kim. I left before Michelle Wie showed up but it took quite a bit to get her and her family plus all of their stuff to the hotel. Will let you know later today who else I meet as I am again driving to and from the airport and golf course this afternoon.

It's unfortunate what happened with Juli Inkster being DQd on the weekend. If you allow one trainin aid, you would have to allow others, and when does it end. As others have noted, the simple solution in her case would have been to swing two clubs together.

Definitely keep us in the loop with the new arrivals!

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Oh, I see Jill McGill plays Calaway X-Forged, the same irons as Phil.

She could seriously use an updated website, though. The photos are quite grainy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum