the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

we dont want handouts!... where is our share!!

+6
death128
eViL tRoLl
Freeman
EdWin
grumpy old man
Deank
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

eViL tRoLl

contributor plus
contributor plus

They should be thankful if anything, that the brits and french were so enlightened to even consider them human beings. Their ancestors were so primitive and savage that they could have been easily taken for animals and be hunted to extinction.

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

Racism at it's finest.

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

^Deflection and playing the racism card at it's finest, as usual.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

racism is normal

http://www.elansofas.com

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

My comment was only directed at the immediately preceding comment, yo.

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

death128 wrote:Racism at it's finest.
Where?

Definition:
Racism is the belief that the genetic factors which constitute race are a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. As a practice, it means the same thing as racial discrimination.

Anonymous

eViL tRoLl wrote:They should be thankful if anything, that the brits and french were so enlightened to even consider them human beings. Their ancestors were so primitive and savage that they could have been easily taken for animals and be hunted to extinction.

Amazing what comes from a brain deprived of oxygen .

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Pavolo wrote:
eViL tRoLl wrote:They should be thankful if anything, that the brits and french were so enlightened to even consider them human beings. Their ancestors were so primitive and savage that they could have been easily taken for animals and be hunted to extinction.

Amazing what comes from a brain deprived of oxygen .

How so Pav?
If you look at history, they would've either been hunted to extinction or forced into slavery...NEITHER happened (widescale).
Heck...the same Brits & French & Spanish who were settling North America actually IMPORTING slaves from other countries instead of using the indigenous population. That's actually a good thing...sort of.

http://www.photage.ca

Anonymous

As rudimentary as their settlement was in the god fearing Europeans eyes , this continent was settled when our sorry asses showed up to be shown by them how to get across this country . Funny how you mention the fact that Europeans had to have slaves to do their dirty work interesting .

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

this continent was settled already when the Natives walked across the land bridge.

Anonymous

Whatever you think .

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

Pavolo wrote:Funny how you mention the fact that Europeans had to have slaves to do their dirty work interesting .

The Europeans had some slavery in Canada until about 1830. However, slavery was much more common among the aboriginals, especially by the West Coast tribes. Historically, the aboriginals have treated each other much worse then they had been treated by the invaders.

Anonymous

Yes they were nasty during wars sorta like the who was it 2nd world war. Anyway This is not the point , I often wonder how some people would make out on a reserve under the rules they have lived by for the last 100 years or so . Remember you would own nothing and have no collateral to raise money and a nation of people who for the most part would not employ you .

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

We are all "native" of the planet earth, are we not? Why is one group entitled to more then any other? I say make your own way through life without expecting handouts from the taxpayers. Smile

Anonymous

That would be great of we all started out even with the same chance and please do not try to tell me we do . Remember whites invented the reserve not them.
And it was not the natives who tried to assimilate you .
Not that they are perfect but they play with what WE gave them .

We meant as a race not as person for many do not get that on here.

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

Pavolo wrote:I often wonder how some people would make out on a reserve under the rules they have lived by for the last 100 years or so . Remember you would own nothing and have no collateral to raise money and a nation of people who for the most part would not employ you .

When the treaties were done, they were extremely generous as the tribes traded nothing for a lot. It was not anticipated that they would multiply at the rate they have been doing, creating tremendous strain on the land, housing, and resources and causing health problems such as TB. No one of the is forced to live on reserve (and actually about half of FN are off reserve). They have many more opportunities for education and employment than the rest of Manitobans, and it's up to each individual to take charge of their lives.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Pavolo wrote:Whatever you think .

sigh, yeah thats exactly the arguement of everyone who wont understand that a species existed before the Natives came over the landbridge.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:...several recent Pavlov posts in this thread...
I understand that you are close to this topic Pavlov, and may well know more about it then the rest of the sandbox combined.

You have an opportunity to discuss this topic and maybe help people see things differently. Why not take the opportunity and educate us peons?

If you're just going to snipe and take post shots and "whatevers" then don't play along. You're contributing nothing to the debate. I'd rather you help me truly try to understand where I might be wrong.

Last edited by grumpy old man on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity.)

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Pavolo wrote:Yes they were nasty during wars sorta like the who was it 2nd world war. Anyway This is not the point , I often wonder how some people would make out on a reserve under the rules they have lived by for the last 100 years or so . Remember you would own nothing and have no collateral to raise money and a nation of people who for the most part would not employ you .

ahh see.. but now people will hire... and they are free to leave the reserve... so... now that we are all even...

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Pavolo, you are native or at least part native, are you not?

Just curious, and please don't get offensive for me asking this.

Anonymous

Yes I have native blood in me , but it is not the reason for my feelings on this issue , it is just that I do not believe the story or at least all of it we have been taught. What is it they say their is always 2 sides, some of what natives say makes sense if you really look into it .

I am not saying that all of you are wrong hell on some things I do agree but the cause of the problem is not the natives for they are what we have made them to be . They have been wards of us for so long what the hell do people expect .

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

At some point we must stop looking at the cause and begin the fix.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Just wondering, who can I blame for all my shortcomings?

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Freeman wrote:Just wondering, who can I blame for all my shortcomings?

Why the white man, of course!

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

EdWin wrote:

Why the white man, of course!

AM I a white man, too?

Anonymous

Meh. Blame me.....but just don't sue. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum