the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harvey Smith to retire

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Harvey Smith to retire Empty Harvey Smith to retire Mon May 31, 2010 9:16 am

Anonymous

Just heard on 'OB that, sinced he lost the NDP nomination last night, he will retire this autumn.

'Bout time as far as I'm concerned. He's an old fossil that has done nothing for the city but collect a salary for the past 15 years imo.

2Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Mon May 31, 2010 9:23 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

chicken sh1t.

3Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Mon May 31, 2010 11:07 am

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Damn good riddance. Not only was he useleess - he smelled. I had the "pleasure" of being seated with him at a dinner function and I can say that I lost whatever respect I had for civic politicians that night.

4Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Mon May 31, 2010 11:54 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Good riddance. Glad I never got close enough to smell him. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

5Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Mon May 31, 2010 1:33 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Will one be able to tell the difference between an not-retired Smith and a retired Smith?

6Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Mon May 31, 2010 3:26 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

heheheheh Harvey Smith to retire 114687

7Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Mon May 31, 2010 4:19 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

grumpy old man wrote:Will one be able to tell the difference between an not-retired Smith and a retired Smith?

maybe he will update his website?

http://www.harveysmith.com/budget.htm

Budget 2002
This is a transcript of Harvey's speech to Council on Wednesday, October 24th, 2001

"I am voting against this budget because it means more cuts in service without identifying them. I know the mayor maintains there are no cuts in service. The mayor is playing with the language. When the mayor states there are no cuts in service, he really means we are still providing some service. .........

8Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Mon May 31, 2010 4:53 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Hmmm, will he be missed?

9Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Mon May 31, 2010 5:51 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Will G.O.M. please invite Harvey to answer the above allegations? All false!

http://www.elansofas.com

10Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Mon May 31, 2010 6:25 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I think r.o.s.e.n.c.r.e.n.t.z. is actually Harvey Smith.

11Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Mon May 31, 2010 6:54 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I dunno GOM - Rosen is not smelly and he has interesting things to say.

12Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Mon May 31, 2010 10:50 pm

Anonymous

Jondo wrote:Damn good riddance. Not only was he useleess - he smelled. I had the "pleasure" of being seated with him at a dinner function and I can say that I lost whatever respect I had for civic politicians that night.
So run and do better other wise you sound like a old whiner on the Action line

13Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:22 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:So run and do better other wise you sound like a old whiner on the Action line
That's twice today you've demanded someone else run for office and to quit complaining.

I know people on here who have run for office. What exactly do you do to make the world a better place?

I know people on here who've volunteered at every election in the last 5 years. What exactly do you do to make the world a better place?

I know people on here who have filed papers to form a new political party in Manitoba. What exactly do you do to make the world a better place?

Your posts here make you sound like a whiner who demands others do something about matters while chastising them for their opinions. What exactly have you done to make the world a better place?

Last edited by grumpy old man on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total

14Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:47 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

speaking of running.

I wonder if our two newbie candidates are aware that all of their personal contact information is made available to the public.

I would reasonably bet that one of them is not aware since it is not something that happens in say fed or prov elections

http://www.winnipeg.ca/clerks/pdfs/elections/2010Election/List%20of%20Registered%20Candidates.pdf

15Harvey Smith to retire Empty Re: Harvey Smith to retire Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:52 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

also... can anyone recommend a good (as in extremely cheap and trustworthy) person who is qualified to be an auditor of election finances?

da rules

"Appointment and qualifications of auditor
22 An Audited Financial Statement required under section 21 must be prepared by an auditor
(a) who is appointed by the candidate as his or her auditor;
(b) who is entitled to practice as an accountant under The Chartered Accountants Act,
The Certified General Accountants Act or The Society of Management Accountants
of Manitoba Incorporation Act; and
(c) who is not involved in the election as an election official, as defined in section 1 of
The Municipal Councils and School Boards Elections Act, candidate or official
agent, or in raising funds for a registered candidate, and who certifies to that effect."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum