the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2010

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2010 Empty Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2010 Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:55 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have their man.

Quarterback Buck Pierce -- the gritty but often-injured former B.C. Lions starter – was introduced as the newest Bomber quarterback at a press conference Monday afternoon.

His addition means the club now has five quarterbacks under contract: Pierce, Steven Jyles, Ricky Santos, Adam DiMichele and Stefan LeFors – although it’s expected LeFors, who is balking at returning under a reduced contract, will retire if the team can’t trade him.

All but LeFors are currently in town to meet with the new coaching staff and make public-relations appearances on behalf of the club.

That said, all of the assembled media in attendance were there for Pierce, the 28-year-old New Mexico State product spent five years with the Lions and posted a 21-12-1 record during his time in orange and black. He was named the Lions starter prior to last season after signing a three-year $900,000 contract, but was released last month when the team committed to Casey Printers instead and after suffering through a series of injuries that included at least one concussion and a season-ending injury to his non-throwing shoulder

"The most important thing is I’m not concerned (about his health) and the organization’s not concerned," said Pierce. "We spent a lot of time and have gone back and forth and we’ve seen trainers and we’ve seen doctors and they say I’m good. That gives me confidence and them confidence to go into the 2010 season.

"This is a great place to come and play and the fans out here are what it’s all about. For me, at my stage in my career and to be able to come in here and have an opportunity like I have now... I couldn’t be more excited."

Pierce finished his days in B.C. with 48 TD passes against 31 interceptions while completing 65.2 per cent of his passes for 8,734 yards. He exited the Lions’ den with the third-best QB rating in team history behind only Dave Dickenson and Printers. Bomber GM

Joe Mack attended a free-agent camp at which Pierce showcased his skills earlier this month and were very diligent in checking out his health before signing him.

Contract deals were not released, but it’s believed Pierce signed an incentive-laden deal that will reward him handsomely if he stays healthy and is productive.

"He threw well," said Mack of Pierce’s appearance at the recent camp. "I thought his shoulder looked good. He was accurate, he had good velocity and I thought he had good ball placement and he seemed very enthused about coming with us. I went back and looked at some film on him and I saw a guy who was competitive, moved the team, won games and was available. I also did some checking and his teammates really seemed to like him, he was a good guy in the locker room... so, they were all positives. Put that with the fact it looked like Stefan was not going to be here and... putting together a football team is like a puzzle. You have pieces that fit in and when another experienced CFL quarterback was a piece of the puzzle we needed to address and I think Buck does that."

ed.tait@freepress.mb.ca

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Bombers-sign-Buck-Pierce-90611144.html

2Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2010 Empty Re: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2010 Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 pm

Anonymous

God this one has me worried head shots do happen and we better keep a good back up on hand .

3Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2010 Empty Re: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2010 Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:50 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Contract deals were not released, but it’s believed Pierce signed an
incentive-laden deal that will reward him handsomely if he stays healthy
and is productive.

shouldn't this be standard in EVERY contract?
if you do well, you get paid, if you suck...you don't?

I don't care if you're Joe Namath...if you're sitting on the injury list...you're useless to the team.

http://www.photage.ca

4Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2010 Empty Re: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2010 Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:36 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Great signing, as long as he stays healthy.

5Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2010 Empty Re: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2010 Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Anonymous

May be Milt should take him out to his camp and see how good he is .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum