the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wal-Mart Supercentres

+13
JT Estoban
AGEsAces
rosencrentz
holly golightly
Deank
eViL tRoLl
grumpy old man
grumpyrom
toban71
anny
LivingDead
EdWin
trebor204
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:25 am

Freeman

uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Right, lets get the UN on that one right away.

Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 970993

52Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:28 am

grumpyrom

grumpyrom
major-contributor
major-contributor

Freeman, maybe you can explain to me how "we" can compete with wagescales equivalent to a bowl of rice a day. Would you be willing to produce anything for a few dollars a day when that will barely buy you a cup of coffee?

53Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:33 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Maybe they should get a union?

54Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:35 am

grumpyrom

grumpyrom
major-contributor
major-contributor

Not all countries are as progrssive to allow people the freedom to do so...cough, China, cough.

Not a big deal though really, I mean just look at how awesome our maufacturers do at competing with them. Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 970993

55Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:38 am

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:Canadian protectionism? Wha???

Ahhh, never mind. Manitoba mentality.

No just do not like to see jobs die for the sake of a foreign factory or country . And listen to the growing sentiment in the US.

56Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:57 am

grumpyrom

grumpyrom
major-contributor
major-contributor

The factories aren't foreign Pav...only the workers. But yet we're supposed to "compete" somehow when our companies decide to move production to Mexico or China.

57Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Anonymous

The first change that is needed is to have China stop deflating its currency!!

58Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:09 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Many years ago we had duties that allowed Canadian companies to compete, but that resulted in everyone having to pay more for "stuff".
The theory is that everyone benefits when everyone pays the lowest amount for everything. Toyota still manufacture over 50% of their cars being sold in Canada ! At least that is their advertisement. Maybe that means all of their cars' gas pedals are made in Canada??
What are Canadians working at? The auto industry has been devastated in Ontario, as a result of the American market melting down.
Custom made,and made-to-order , very much better quality sofas are in hot demand locally, keeping 7 people very busy in Winnipeg! lol

http://www.elansofas.com

59Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:15 pm

grumpyrom

grumpyrom
major-contributor
major-contributor

Good for you Rosen for not looking to move production, you could have the same quality and better profits if you just made them in Mexico.

60Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:22 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The meat being sold in local supermarkets that have stores across the different provinces, are required by law to sell only meat that comes from federally inspected slaughterhouses.
That is why all the meats at Sobeys, Superstores, Safeway,stc comes from Alberta.
Local meat markets can and do sell beef that was raised locally.
We had the greatest tasting New York strip at a friends house last night that she purchased on Nairn from The Carving Knife or Meat Cleaver. $5.99 a pound and that is about 40% the cost of a filet mignon, that we usually serve to our guests, that is allways great , from Costco.
$11 and that was enough to feed 6 at 6 ounces of meat each! Luckily for me there ere only 3 of us so I was able to have about 16 ounces, 465 grams to you youngsters, and the girlies about 6 ounces each.

http://www.elansofas.com

61Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Anonymous

Carving Knife is great meat never had bad meat there yet.

62Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:39 pm

toban71

toban71

grumpyrom wrote:Good for you Rosen for not looking to move production, you could have the same quality and better profits if you just made them in Mexico.
Better profits? Prehaps.
Same quality? Not a chance.

63Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

rosencrentz wrote:The meat being sold in local supermarkets that have stores across the different provinces, are required by law to sell only meat that comes from federally inspected slaughterhouses.
That is why all the meats at Sobeys, Superstores, Safeway,stc comes from Alberta.
Local meat markets can and do sell beef that was raised locally.
We had the greatest tasting New York strip at a friends house last night that she purchased on Nairn from The Carving Knife or Meat Cleaver. $5.99 a pound and that is about 40% the cost of a filet mignon, that we usually serve to our guests, that is allways great , from Costco.
$11 and that was enough to feed 6 at 6 ounces of meat each! Luckily for me there ere only 3 of us so I was able to have about 16 ounces, 465 grams to you youngsters, and the girlies about 6 ounces each.

I almost always buy my chickens from Cantors, the chickens come from Steinbach. I have been to the Carvers Knife and the steaks were amazing! I try to buy most of the meat I consume locally, I have purchased meat from Costco, Superstore, Sobeys etc. I prefer Cantors for my meat buying.

64Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote:Carving Knife is great meat never had bad meat there yet.

Agreed. The porterhouse was simply amazing and worth every penny.

65Wal-Mart Supercentres - Page 3 Empty Re: Wal-Mart Supercentres Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 pm

Anonymous

Roast Bison was very good too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum