the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dispute over pants??? Deank what are you doing...

+5
Electrician
rosencrentz
Miz point
AGEsAces
Goth_chic
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Dispute over pants led to death, drugs blamed

By Dean Pritchard, WINNIPEG SUN

An argument over a pair of pants sparked a fight that ended in the death of 30-year-old Delmar Young.

Young died Nov. 18, 2007, after suffering a single stab wound to the heart.

Kyle McKay, Young’s cousin, has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

“I don’t want this to sound like an argument over pants — it’s an argument over attitude,” said Young’s lawyer Greg Brodsky at a sentencing hearing Tuesday.

Court heard McKay, then 21, and his younger brother were visiting their sister at her apartment. Among the many people present was McKay’s uncle, wearing his younger brother’s pants.

Crown attorney Mark Kantor said the man had taken the pants a week earlier, without the young man’s knowledge.

The young man demanded his pants back, Kantor said.

“During the argument, sides were taken. Kyle sided with (his brother), while Delmar sided with (the uncle),” Kantor said.

Six men became embroiled in the dispute and were asked to leave the apartment. The argument continued outside where Young was stabbed once in the heart.

Brodsky argued McKay stabbed Young in self-defence as Young and another man advanced on him.

Relatives testified at a preliminary hearing McKay came to their home following the stabbing and said “he might have killed his cousin by accident, he didn’t mean it. He said he was defending his little brother.”

McKay was originally charged with second-degree murder. Kantor said conflicting witness evidence and evidence of provocation and intoxication were considered in accepting a guilty plea to the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Young’s mother cried as she told court the killing would not have happened if Young and McKay had not been drinking or doing drugs.

Alcohol and drugs are vile enemies, she said.

“I know that forgiveness is the only way to live again,” she said. “I want Kyle to forgive himself so he can have a life after this.”

The Crown is seeking a sentence of 10 years in prison; the defence, six years.

Justice Joan McKelvey adjourned sentencing to March 12.

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

There's all kinds of problems with pants.

Expensive Pants

http://www.photage.ca

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Geez, not even one-third of the way through the story and the first thing that went through my mind was I wonder how friggin' out of it they were? And I hate to say it but the name McKay was a "dead" giveaway too in a certain regard and that makes me rather sad.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Anonymous

What if it had been Smith.
it is amazing what some people call handling alcohol

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Well let me see Pav....no matter how drunk or stupid or stupidly drunk or high or whatever altered state I have gotten into in my 46 years of life on this planet I have never stabbed anybody (and believe me I could think of at least one person whose sorry ass deserves my full, angry attention and he "stole" a lot more than a goddamned pair of pants).

So answer me this - why is it that it "seems" to be one particular group of folks who engage in stabbing, consistently, when it comes to "conflict resolution"? You tell me. Or why is it one particular group of folks whose children play with lighters and start house fires or one particular group of people who have a higher incidence of breeding FASD children (who grow up to become wards of the system well into adulthood) or - or - or?

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Is this the McKay from Kay Wholesale?
Or the Kay from Kaye driving school?
What group uses knives? Can you be more specific?

http://www.elansofas.com

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

McKay from McD?

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

Anonymous

So answer me this - why is it that it "seems" to be one particular group of folks who engage in stabbing, consistently, when it comes to "conflict resolution"? You tell me. Or why is it one particular group of folks whose children play with lighters and start house fires or one particular group of people who have a higher incidence of breeding FASD children (who grow up to become wards of the system well into adulthood) or - or - or?

Maybe they are bored , I admit that is a good question indeed . Just do not want to bother justifying the reason or overtone of it to you. But you are right the other group would never have any of those problems .

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote: Maybe they are bored , I admit that is a good question indeed . Just do not want to bother justifying the reason or overtone of it to you. But you are right the other group would never have any of those problems .

Pav - where did i state an "other group" that would "never have any of those problems"? I know that violence, alcholism and FASD are not restricted to one demographic in particular but for sake of balance in terms of say, one group dominating statistically-speaking? Sorry dude, but you cannot avoid the inevitable conclusions being drawn by some folks out there including myself.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I think that is the usual course of action in the community most affected. It's easier to bury one's head in the sand than face the real issues. It is also easier to deflect blame. Or as Pav has just done, deflect the issue.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Interesting irony in this thread the one about the Mounties making the rink at Shammatawa. In this case, Pav muses that maybe they were bored. Probably a certain amount of truth to that, but what more has to be done to prevent the boredom. In the other case, the Mounties stepped up, but no one else in the community did. Yet, we keep getting it jammed down our throats that "it takes a village to raise a child". Is that just a lame ass excuse for some people?

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Morale of the story:
Drinks, drugs, and PANTS don't mix...

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

Anonymous

Bar room brawls were reduced by 87% when people were asked to check their pants at the door.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

JTF wrote:Bar room brawls were reduced by 87% when people were asked to check their pants at the door.

Of course, you want to fight some guy with no pants?? Dispute over pants???  Deank what are you doing... Icon_evil

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Grieving New Mexico safety hauled off plane, booked for baggy pants
By Matt Hinton

Dispute over pants???  Deank what are you doing... Grieving_new_mexico_safety_hauled_off_plane_booked_for_baggy_pants
The Transportation Security Administration identifies many, many official threats to our skies, from contact lens solution to gel shoe inserts to throwing stars. Even in the wake of the "Underwear Bomber," though, boxer shorts have been considered generally safe — unless, that is, as New Mexico safety Deshon Marman discovered Wednesday at San Francisco International Airport, airline personnel can see a little bit too much of them:

On Wednesday, San Francisco police got a call about 9a.m. that someone was exposing himself outside a US Airways gate, Sgt.Michael Rodriguez said. An airline employee spotted Marman before he boarded Flight 488, bound for Albuquerque, and complained that Marman's pants "were below his buttocks but above the knees, and that much of his boxer shorts were exposed," Rodriguez said.\

The employee asked Marman to pull up his pants before he boarded the plane, but he refused, Rodriguez said. Marman allegedly repeated his refusal after taking his seat on the plane. "At that point he was asked to leave the plane," Rodriguez said. "It took 15 to 20 minutes of talking to get him to leave the plane, and he was arrested for trespassing." Marman allegedly resisted officers as he was being led away.

Rodriguez told a local TV station that the 5-foot-11, 195-pound Marman, 20, "was not threatening anybody directly," but the airline's dress code forbids "indecent exposure or inappropriate" attire, and "being disruptive" in any fashion once on the plane may interfere with the crew. He was charged with trespassing, battery and resisting arrest, and was being held on $11,000 bail ahead of a scheduled arraignment Thursday afternoon.

Marman's mother told the San Francisco Chronicle that her son was in "an emotionally raw state" after attending the funeral of a recently murdered high school friend on Tuesday, and was targeted by authorities "because of the way he looks - young black man with dreads and baggy pants." She also said that Marman, an incoming juco transfer to New Mexico from the City College of San Francisco, hoped to honor his friend's memory by making it to the NFL. She called him "a good kid trying to make it, and he's going through a lot. And then this happens."

For what it's worth, his official New Mexico bio describes Marman as a "true leader with a winning mentality." Thus ends the initial account of one of the dumbest incidents ever recorded on this site, which is saying a lot. There's plenty to go around. There's Marman, wearing a potentially provocative outfit in a very public place and (allegedly) defying people with the authority to haul him off a plane and into a cell over something as trivial as his pants. There's security, seemingly creating a very real problem with significant consequences from an exceedingly small or nonexistent problem that presented no real threat and could have been prevented much earlier. There's the predictable cesspool of racist comments beneath the story everywhere else it appears Thursday morning on the web.

Personally, I feel a little dumber for having spent a portion of my morning on it, and for actually feeling compelled to offer this parting advice, applicable to any situation you can possibly encounter in life: When in doubt, always pull your pants up.

It would appear someone is finally standing up to those who would defy common decency.It's too bad the punishment couldn't be to hang him upside down by his pants in the middle of the airport terminal.And the "lamenting" by his mother? She should've taught him how to properly wear his pants!!!

http://www.photage.ca

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

AGEsAces- you had to go back 16 months for this one! You are worsw than me, as I have upgraded my bring back the oldies, but limiting them to the last 12 months!
What is the story? Is his bum showing or his underpants showing?

http://www.elansofas.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

his frank and beans were showing

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

We must test the accusations of racism.... any white volunteers to try to get on a US Airways flight with their trousers at half mast?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum