the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor

+6
LivingDead
Deank
rosencrentz
holly golightly
Bartron
Triniman
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:03 pm

What is your favorite flavour of kool-aid?

27Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:15 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

orange

28Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

JTF wrote:What is your favorite flavour of kool-aid?

Green, definitely Green.

29Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

really ? green?

30Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Green-kool-aid

31Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Green: The color of harmony and balance, Green symbolizes hope, renewal and peace, and is usually liked by the gentle and sincere. Greens are generally frank, community-minded people, fairly sociable but preferring peace at any price. Green people can be too self-effacing, modest and patient, so they may get exploited by others. They are usually refined, civilized and reputable

32Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Please don't exploit me Dean!

33Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

somebody and civilized and reputable as you? NEVER!

34Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Lol

35Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:09 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

I think she should go work here.
Many of the newscasters here took broadcasting in college too...

More News - Better Presentation

(MNBSFW)

http://www.photage.ca

36Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:46 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I would like to see a few Winnipeg broadcasters on that show...

Leah Hextall
Caroline Barghout
Nicole Dubé

37Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:33 am

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Bartron wrote:
LivingDead wrote:
Bartron wrote:
Freeman wrote:JTF has a point. Dubya is an idiot, Palin is an idiot, McCain is an idiot. I guess if its said enough times, its supposed to become truth.

Everyone calls Iggy an intellectual, so hows that working out for him???

Bush is definitely an idiot. And pretty much the entire world agrees other than Republicans.

Bartron, 2 things; 1) If Bush is such an Idiot how did he win 2 US elections? Also, if he is such an Idiot how did he manage to graduate from University?

2) How do you know the entire world agree's, that is a pretty huge assumption, yes? Have you polled the entire worlds population to find out, or are you regurgitating what the left wing media is feeding you?

Please enlighten me.

Do you actually think Bush masterminded his 2 election wins? Grumpy is right Bush is widely looked upon as the worst president in US history. Bush was protested around the world, how many times? It was not very hard to see the world's opinion on Bush, unless you want to bury your head in the sand.
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/views_on_countriesregions_bt/117.php?nid=&id=&pnt=117

How can anybody defend a President who completely made up a reason to invade/conquer a sovereign nation. It sickens me.

Well R. Regan was protested also, does that make him any less intelligent? Just because some very vocal people believe Bush was the worst U.S. president does not make it truth. Yes bush got the USA into a very unpopular and costly war, but a stupid man he is not.

Stupid is Clinton who made some of President Carters mistakes even worse, which ultimately led to the collapse of many US banks and Financial companies. We are still feeling the fall out of these 2 jokers epic blunder, The recession we are in was triggered by their policies.

Do you know for a fact that G.W Bush made up a reason to invade/conquer Iraq? If you have proof and know this for a fact then there are prosecutors in the USA and the Hague who would want to speak to you. You nor anyone else really knows what went on, Was it Bush's advisers that wanted the war? Was it the CIA? Was it the US War Machine (big Manufacturing)? To blame it all on the XO is like blaming the goat for eating the chicken.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

38Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:35 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:I would like to see a few Winnipeg broadcasters on that show...

Leah Hextall
Caroline Barghout
Nicole Dubé

With our luck, we'd end up with Sylvia Kuzyk.

39Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:49 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

LivingDead wrote:
Bartron wrote:
LivingDead wrote:
Bartron wrote:
Freeman wrote:JTF has a point. Dubya is an idiot, Palin is an idiot, McCain is an idiot. I guess if its said enough times, its supposed to become truth.

Bush is definitely an idiot. And pretty much the entire world agrees other than Republicans.

Bartron, 2 things; 1) If Bush is such an Idiot how did he win 2 US elections? Also, if he is such an Idiot how did he manage to graduate from University?

2) How do you know the entire world agree's, that is a pretty huge assumption, yes? Have you polled the entire worlds population to find out, or are you regurgitating what the left wing media is feeding you?

Please enlighten me.

Do you actually think Bush masterminded his 2 election wins? Grumpy is right Bush is widely looked upon as the worst president in US history. Bush was protested around the world, how many times? It was not very hard to see the world's opinion on Bush, unless you want to bury your head in the sand.
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/views_on_countriesregions_bt/117.php?nid=&id=&pnt=117

How can anybody defend a President who completely made up a reason to invade/conquer a sovereign nation. It sickens me.

Well R. Regan was protested also, does that make him any less intelligent? Just because some very vocal people believe Bush was the worst U.S. president does not make it truth. Yes bush got the USA into a very unpopular and costly war, but a stupid man he is not.

Stupid is Clinton who made some of President Carters mistakes even worse, which ultimately led to the collapse of many US banks and Financial companies. We are still feeling the fall out of these 2 jokers epic blunder, The recession we are in was triggered by their policies.

Do you know for a fact that G.W Bush made up a reason to invade/conquer Iraq? If you have proof and know this for a fact then there are prosecutors in the USA and the Hague who would want to speak to you. You nor anyone else really knows what went on, Was it Bush's advisers that wanted the war? Was it the CIA? Was it the US War Machine (big Manufacturing)? To blame it all on the XO is like blaming the goat for eating the chicken.

This definitely changes the whole thread to a new topic...so maybe start a new one.

But, have any of you seen the movie "W"?
According to THAT account, it wasn't ever Bush who was pulling those strings, it was Dick Cheney. According to the story, Bush never wanted to go to war, and his wife was a staunch liberal.

I don't know how much of that movie was true or just storyline...but I do know it was one of the first Presidential terms, where you heard almost as much about the VP as you did the President himself.
How many VPs can even be named in history? And those that can...what is remembered about them? The only reason George Bush Sr. is remembered, is cause he went on to be President...but you don't think of him as a VP first anyway.
The only thing anyone remembers about Dan Quayle is that he can't spell potato.

40Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:05 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You mean potatoe.

41Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

LivingDead wrote:
Bartron wrote:
LivingDead wrote:
Bartron wrote:

Please enlighten me.

Does it matter who was pulling the strings? It was still the BUSH administration which made the mess.

42Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:17 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

it does matter who's pulling the strings.

everyone looks at the president like he's actually got power.
there's the appearance of power...but none really. there are a team of people who manipulate everything the president does, everything from what he says, to what he eats.

i'm not saying GW wasn't an idiot...just that you can't blame all the world issues and war on him. he had little to do with the decisions, or even the acts. he was just a public figure to take the brunt of the heat.

43Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:18 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I don't buy that. Not for a second.

44Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:43 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

grumpy old man wrote:I don't buy that. Not for a second.

don't buy what?

that the president has no real power?

the president can't do much of anything.
On one hand...that's good...cause it means he can't become a dictator.
On the other, it's bad...cause it makes it difficult to get things done.

Yeah...he can "represent' power...but if he truly had any power...things would be happening much quicker.

You can even look at Obama. He ran on the grounds of change...of improving health care, etc. for Americans. And now what? It's all stalled because he's found out he didn't have the power to make it happen. Too many other people have control of the issues, and can block him.

The ONLY possible way for him to make it happen quickly, would be to be live on camera to the whole world and walk around issuing orders.

Heck, he doesn't even have as much power as the PM of Canada. The US President can't close Congress down. The best he could pull off would be to tell the VP to close the Senate...but the VP would have to agree to do it.

45Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:47 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I don't accept that an adviser would make the final decision. The President must ultimately make the final decision. If he selects advisers that in the end he shouldn't have trusted shame on him.

I can also understand Obama having problems executing on some of his promises. He may have all the best laid plans but if in the end there are checks and balances great. That's the way it ought to be.

46Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Anonymous

AGEsAces wrote:it does matter who's pulling the strings.

there's the appearance of power...but none really. there are a team of people who manipulate everything the president does, everything from what he says, to what he eats.

i'm not saying GW wasn't an idiot...just that you can't blame all the world issues and war on him. he had little to do with the decisions, or even the acts. he was just a public figure to take the brunt of the heat.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory...the one that says there are a few guys that secretly rule the world. Other that James Cameron, nobody rules the world.

47Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:26 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:I don't accept that an adviser would make the final decision. The President must ultimately make the final decision. If he selects advisers that in the end he shouldn't have trusted shame on him.

I can also understand Obama having problems executing on some of his promises. He may have all the best laid plans but if in the end there are checks and balances great. That's the way it ought to be.

Enter $$ from lobbyists and you find the checks and balances get swayed, not how their system was intended.

One could make a case that the US government is run by lobbyists who work for the mega-conglomerates (big oil, big pharma, big Defense contractors, etc...).

Maybe Bush's war was the result of Exxon, Royal Dutch(shell oil), General Dynamic, Boeing, TWA, Northrop Grumman Corp, General Electric, Tyco, Textron inc, Raytheon, the list is long and employs tens of millions of Americans and Canadians. Combined US defense contractors have enough money and lobbyists to convince the US government to attack almost any country on earth.

48Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:28 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

JTF wrote:
AGEsAces wrote:it does matter who's pulling the strings.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory...the one that says there are a few guys that secretly rule the world. Other that James Cameron, nobody rules the world.

James Cameron, George Lucas, Harvey Weinstein, they are the oligarchy who rule earth.

49Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Anonymous

Heh heh...
^^

Man. I'd like to have catered the meeting that must have, or would have had, to have taken place for all these guys to come together with the decision. Smile

50Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

What would you have served?

51Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor - Page 2 Empty Re: Palin to Join Fox News as Contributor Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:43 am

Anonymous

For these guys it would have had to be something very fancy...those special hot dogs from Winnipeg Old Country Sausage. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum