the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wpg Police Service - $43K to start

+6
St Norberter
Deank
grumpy old man
a89aries
Freeman
Triniman
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Wpg Police Service - $43K to start - Page 2 Empty Re: Wpg Police Service - $43K to start Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence

profit would mean it was distributed to the shareholders.

27Wpg Police Service - $43K to start - Page 2 Empty Re: Wpg Police Service - $43K to start Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:02 pm

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

a89aries wrote:

I'm very curious about that statement. Why would you apply and go
through the selection process, but be undecided to make the
committment? From my own experience with the army, and from others,
most were dying to get in (bad pun) and were quite ecstatic when
accepted. Please, enlighten me.

I have a very good job right now in the field of technology and make great money, but find it rather boring. I attended an RCMP recruiting session with a friend who was interested and I got talked into writing the test by the recruiter.

I aced the test and meet the requirements. I just received the second stage of the application that needs to be completed and am now left to decide if I want to abandon my current career or not.

Tough Call.

But isn't the recruiting process like 5 or more stages? I have a buddy who got to the final stage after 6 months of "stages" only to be cut at the very end.

28Wpg Police Service - $43K to start - Page 2 Empty Re: Wpg Police Service - $43K to start Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:45 pm

a89aries

a89aries

AGEsAces wrote:You can do the tech-savvy things at the RCMP WITHOUT being a member.

They have civilian members who do much of that work right now.

And that second part you've received...you may STILL have to wait a year before you hear back from them (it could be only a couple weeks...but typically at least 6 months to 1-year).

And if all you've done is pass the written exam at a recruiter point...there's still the security check...not just on you, but your family AND friends too. They will interview your neighbours, and possibly your current coworkers.

Please don't get me wrong...if it's something you feel you can handle and that you'd really WANT to do...then go for it...but it's NOT a "cakewalk" in...and all that stuff is before you start getting yelled at by the instructors.

I know I can pass all the checks without problem, even the lie detector test. The area that I am eying requires you to complete the service portion first. My main goal is to not sit in an office 100% of the time.

As I said, I have a great job now so the whole time line doesn't bother me, maybe if I was laid off right now I'd be a bit more concerned.

29Wpg Police Service - $43K to start - Page 2 Empty Re: Wpg Police Service - $43K to start Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:56 pm

Anonymous

Suggest you apply and see if you can get on as I know cops son's who did not . It is not that easy as some think .

30Wpg Police Service - $43K to start - Page 2 Empty Re: Wpg Police Service - $43K to start Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

" as I know cops son's who did not "

because they are sons of cops they have some magical cop power or something?

31Wpg Police Service - $43K to start - Page 2 Empty Re: Wpg Police Service - $43K to start Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:43 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Every job seems to have its perks! RCMP- and you get to stun people!
technology- you get to post 80 times per day!
keeps things interesting and not boring!
Who has only boring? sounds like another thread!

http://www.elansofas.com

32Wpg Police Service - $43K to start - Page 2 Empty Re: Wpg Police Service - $43K to start Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:40 am

Anonymous

Deank wrote:" as I know cops son's who did not "

because they are sons of cops they have some magical cop power or something?
No just an in on what to say and what to write on the test and the questions and the background check and the multiude of other things. It is not an easy thing to get on , much probaly to mosts surprise.

33Wpg Police Service - $43K to start - Page 2 Empty Re: Wpg Police Service - $43K to start Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:31 am

Anonymous

Let's face it...it can't be that hard. sarcasm end

34Wpg Police Service - $43K to start - Page 2 Empty Re: Wpg Police Service - $43K to start Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:49 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

A friend of ours son had applied and was going through the process, but was worried about the interview part, so my wife (an HR type) did up some questions and ran him through a couple of mock interviews and coached him on his answers. No problem, he was accepted.

SO, contrary to what some on this thread have said, being a cop's son isn't necessarily an advantage, but knowing a HR professional is.

35Wpg Police Service - $43K to start - Page 2 Empty Re: Wpg Police Service - $43K to start Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:05 pm

Anonymous

Now, if your parent is a cop and an HR pro...you're automatically in I presume.

36Wpg Police Service - $43K to start - Page 2 Empty Re: Wpg Police Service - $43K to start Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:15 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Actually, I think both are equally silly statements, but I was just trying to illustrate the point. You do what you figure you got to do to get through the process. Being born into it doesn't really have any merit.

37Wpg Police Service - $43K to start - Page 2 Empty Re: Wpg Police Service - $43K to start Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:55 pm

Anonymous

Exactly...the days of the wink-wink thingy at the police is long gone. A Uke even got to be Chief.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum