the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Revised beverage policy at Bomber games

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Revised beverage policy at Bomber games Empty Revised beverage policy at Bomber games Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:05 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

It is the goal of the Winnipeg Football Club to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all fans who attend our games. With this goal comes the need to implement policies which provide a certain level of security to ensure this happens. The policy regarding the outside containers has been in place for many years and is clearly outlined on the back of each season ticket and on our website click here to view. The level of enforcement of this policy varies dependant upon events and circumstances that occur in and around our facility and enables us to adjust to these instances while keeping our fans' best interests in mind.

Our security staff walks a very fine line of ensuring our fans' safety without limiting or inhibiting their enjoyment of the game. Our levels of tolerance in respect to outside beverages had to be heightened due to an increase in liquor being "smuggled" into the facility. This liquor has been the primary contributor to our liquor related incidents.

Unfortunately the measures taken have aggravated some of our most loyal fans and patrons who wanting to bring in their "Tims" or personal sized thermos of a warm beverage. For the upcoming games hot beverages in personal sized thermoses will be allowed into the facility, after being checked by our security staff. Those that have any hint of alcohol will be poured out.

We hope that our fans understand how serious we take the safety, comfort and enjoyment of our patrons. We always welcome the comments of our loyal fans as we strive to consistently improve upon your game day experience.

If you wish to discuss this further I can be contacted at (204) 784-2583 or by email at spreteau@bluebombers.com.

Please remember if you have any problems at the game please call our Help Line at 788-HELP( 788-4537) or text "Bombers" to 78247 and help will be dispatched immediately.

Yours truly,

Shirlee Preteau
VP of Event Operations

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Now if the powers-that-be were to relax the tailgate party policy perhaps we can really begin building a party atmosphere at the games...

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Yea, thats the ticket. Eliminate the one thing that a lot of bomber fans can rely on. Cheap booze from home. Whats next? You cant bring in outside gum/chips/snacks?

Its fugging crazy. the things they do in the name of security.
"how can we make more money in concessions?"
"well lets crack down on people bringing in their own booze, and say it is because of security"
"then they will have to buy our booze, at inflated prices. That will cover any raises and bonuses for the office workers at WBBFC"

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

OR... now I know this is a crazy concept..... LOWER THE FUCKEN CONCESSION PRICES!

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:OR... now I know this is a crazy concept..... LOWER THE FUCKEN CONCESSION PRICES!

They need to do this at the MTS center!!!!

Funny how things work.

I remember going to 5 cent draft night at scandals caberet. I remember $1.00 shots and bottle nights at all of Canadinns bars it was like this for years and years and years. Then one night one guy got drunk at monty's pub club and walked into the assiniboyne river and was found dead the next day.

A few months later, the government made a regulation, making it so all bars, clubs, pubs etc... had to ensure all alcoholic beverages had a mandatory minimum price and they could never go below that price. All because of one drunk idiot who became a Darwin award recipient.

Enter the Blue bombers. One drunk alcoholic falls over the edge and dies, now everybody will have their bottles and thermoses checked. At what cost, ticket prices will go up to pay for people to do the checking, and concession prices are surely to go up. Line ups to get into the stadium will get longer and slower because of checking.

Dumb asses die, and we suffer.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh.. I remember 5 cent andn the $1 bottle stuff... I also DONT remember attacking the bouncers for not letting my friends underage girlfriend in or kicking the crap out of the one before anyone could react or being dragged into a cab by my friend before the bouncers friends could get to me....

good times.

incognito

incognito
contributor plus
contributor plus

Here's a new business model:

Beer: $2 per cup

Washroom facility fee: $10 per use.

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

incognito wrote:Here's a new business model:

I'd have catheterize myself and hook up a leg bag!

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

as too tailgaiting.... problem solved...

open a concession stand where the servers can monitor the amount of alcohol served to each customer.
Win.. people get to tailgate using their own food.
Win.. "professionals" can monitor the amount of alcohol intake
Win. club can profit of tailgaiting AND use a revenue stream to pay for extra security
Win... lots of tailgaters in the south actually dont even go into the game.... so continued liquor sales to them whilst they listen and party outside would also free up more seats in the stands.

10Revised beverage policy at Bomber games Empty Re: Revised beverage policy at Bomber games Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:20 am

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Bartron wrote:
incognito wrote:Here's a new business model:

I'd have catheterize myself and hook up a leg bag!

LMAO. that is drastic. You may want to look into this.
Revised beverage policy at Bomber games Photo1
Emergency disposable Urinal

Anonymous

Really all that has to happen is better over service control , and better removal of the drunks from the stands. After all if you came to see the game see it .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum