the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Blasphemy Day

+9
grumpy old man
EdWin
AGEsAces
LivingDead
Miz point
cherenkov
Deank
Goth_chic
Freeman
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:27 pm

Miz point

uber-contributor
uber-contributor

EdWin wrote:
Miz point wrote:
EdWin wrote:
Deank wrote:heh.. I know.. and yes actually religion is one of the more interesting forms of communism. but again power and greed get in the way and it ends up being something it was never meant to be
Thank you Dean for being the voice of reason, and not painting all people with faith and religion as freaks or horrible people, like some are doing on this forum.

Edwin, your character really shows in the above quote.....you keep bringing up the word horrible.....no one said that those espouse a faith are horrible, only that some have committed horrible acts in the name of religion.

You are starting to sound like Anne Coulter or Fat Limbaugh in that if a mistruth is repeated often enough it will be believed....even when the evidence to refute the allegation is right in front of your face.

Miz P, the word horrible was used, I am not lying. Not surprisingly, one of the threads where it was used has dissapeared (apology) and now I cannot back this up with evidence. You and several others paint us all as freaks (and yes, you have done so in past discussions with me). Yet, you throw a tantrum when someone says "bloody useless women" or "bitch" or "don't get your panties in a knot" in whatever manner. So this is less acceptable then painting people with faith as negative? We all get that I have faith and you don't. That is our fundemental freedom of choice. And if you care to further insult me, you need to do a better job than some woman that no one cares about or some washed up late night talk dude.

I do not give a shite about past discussions on another forum dude....i am talking about this particular thread which you immediately took umbrage at and took personally. If you go back and read what I wrote I maintain that religion has been hijacked by those with a political agenda.....I have not called you a freak or horrible and yet you keep insisting that I have done so here.....and then you trot out the red herring arguments which will not work.

Edwin if anyone is throwing a tantrum here it is you.

Oh and as much as I despise Coulter and Fatbaugh they are two very wealthy individuals that are listened to by many - the latter is far from washed-up as you insist....

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

77Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:52 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Miz point wrote:
EdWin wrote:
Miz point wrote:
EdWin wrote:
Deank wrote:heh.. I know.. and yes actually religion is one of the more interesting forms of communism. but again power and greed get in the way and it ends up being something it was never meant to be
Thank you Dean for being the voice of reason, and not painting all people with faith and religion as freaks or horrible people, like some are doing on this forum.

Edwin, your character really shows in the above quote.....you keep bringing up the word horrible.....no one said that those espouse a faith are horrible, only that some have committed horrible acts in the name of religion.

You are starting to sound like Anne Coulter or Fat Limbaugh in that if a mistruth is repeated often enough it will be believed....even when the evidence to refute the allegation is right in front of your face.

Miz P, the word horrible was used, I am not lying. Not surprisingly, one of the threads where it was used has dissapeared (apology) and now I cannot back this up with evidence. You and several others paint us all as freaks (and yes, you have done so in past discussions with me). Yet, you throw a tantrum when someone says "bloody useless women" or "bitch" or "don't get your panties in a knot" in whatever manner. So this is less acceptable then painting people with faith as negative? We all get that I have faith and you don't. That is our fundemental freedom of choice. And if you care to further insult me, you need to do a better job than some woman that no one cares about or some washed up late night talk dude.

I do not give a shite about past discussions on another forum dude....i am talking about this particular thread which you immediately took umbrage at and took personally. If you go back and read what I wrote I maintain that religion has been hijacked by those with a political agenda.....I have not called you a freak or horrible and yet you keep insisting that I have done so here.....and then you trot out the red herring arguments which will not work.

Edwin if anyone is throwing a tantrum here it is you.

Oh and as much as I despise Coulter and Fatbaugh they are two very wealthy individuals that are listened to by many - the latter is far from washed-up as you insist....

Well, Miz P, I do give a shite about what was said in previous conversations and I don't forget, but whatever, your point of view is your point of view and you are entitled to it. And yes, Miz P, you do have hissyfits when people make jokes about women. Somehow, you feel this is more insulting than to make fun of people who believe in God. But whatever, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. We can only agree to disagree, and that's just the way it's going to be. Have a good night.

78Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:04 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Sorry Babe but you do not get off the hook that easily. You are carrying a grudge from the great abortion debate that took up several pages on the darkside....not once on this forum have I attacked you personally but you seem to believe that I am persecuting you here.

This topic was not about you but about the need for freedom of speech and freedom from persecution if one was perceived to be a blasphemer, a rather antiquated notion if one ever existed (there, I editorialized).

And when you now use the word "hissyfit" that is a misleading and misogynistic term once again being used to put me down because you cannot refute my very simple statements....those statements saying that nowhere have I called you "horrible" nor have I called you a "freak"....

And just in case you forgot since you seem to really be hung up on women tonight? We make up over half of the world's population yet and all in almost every religious doctrine we are relegated to the status of second-class citizens....

So you sir, you will not win this particular argument with me because it all boils down to this, you taking something not only out of context but mistakenly taking it personally which was never the intent.
e
I could go on here and state further idiosyncrasies of yours but you see darling, this thread was never about you.

79Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:15 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

EdWin wrote:the word horrible was used, I am not lying. Not surprisingly, one of the threads where it was used has dissapeared (apology) and now I cannot back this up with evidence. You and several others paint us all as freaks (and yes, you have done so in past discussions with me). Yet, you throw a tantrum when someone says "bloody useless women" or "bitch" or "don't get your panties in a knot" in whatever manner. So this is less acceptable then painting people with faith as negative? We all get that I have faith and you don't. That is our fundemental freedom of choice. And if you care to further insult me, you need to do a better job than some woman that no one cares about or some washed up late night talk dude.
Keep looking for this mystery post. No posts (not surprisingly) have been deleted. I did merge the two over-lapping threads (also not surpisingly) into this one.

80Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:41 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Miz point wrote:And just in case you forgot since you seem to really be hung up on women tonight? We make up over half of the world's population yet and all in almost every religious doctrine we are relegated to the status of second-class citizens.....
This is changing, Miz P, and you know it. The proof can be found with many christian denominations granting clergy status to women (yes, women priests are becoming more and more common). Altergirls are also becoming more and more common to. They are adapting to todays society by becoming more inclusive when it comes to women, or do you choose to ignore that? Also, the "love, honor, and obey" has been changed (and rightfully so) to "love honor and cherrish" to demostrate the equality of marriage between both men and women, or do you choose to ignore that as well?

Miz point wrote:So you sir, you will not win this particular argument with me because it all boils down to this, you taking something not only out of context but mistakenly taking it personally which was never the intent.
LOL. Talk about taking something out of context. I use this term, along with tantrum, interchangabley all the time. I don't relate it to a particular sex. But apparently you read deeper into it (should have predicted that), and I can't help that. So, if you feel that you've "won" this debate, congratulations, as I am only here to express my opinions. Oh, and the "babe, my darling" inuendo comments do not bother me; it make most of us guys feel good Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Icon_smile

81Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:49 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You have taken this thread and made it personal and have decided to go after me for remarks that others have made on this thread regarding religion and in doing so make yourself look rather silly.

82Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:01 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Well now you're getting carried away. Wimmin have not reached equality with men. Never will. Now THAT is one debate you can't win...

:;>^^:

83Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:15 am

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Well now you're getting carried away. Wimmin have not reached equality with men. Never will. Now THAT is one debate you can't win...

Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 371348

LOL. Oh dear.....................

84Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:21 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Well now you're getting carried away. Wimmin have not reached equality with men. Never will. Now THAT is one debate you can't win...

Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 371348

Oh baby.....you can get away with that because I know you......and I know that you were grinning as you typed it.....heheheheheh.......you jes be jealous that your orgasms do not last as long as ours..... Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Lol

85Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:22 am

Anonymous

Just love the arguments God starts .

86Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:44 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You know, if you made jokes about my God, he would probably laugh along as he has a sense of humour. If you said nasty things about him, he would just ignore you, because thats the way he is. I don't have to defend him as he is capable of doing that himself.

And by the way, my God doesn't want you to knock on my door at 8:00 am on Saturday morning so that you can tell me about him, he knows that you'll figure out the right time for that.

87Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:03 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

grumpy old man wrote:Can you be specific about what exactly has tied your knockers in a knot?

tied knockers in a knot?

are those upgraded knickers?
some kind of new bra?

Smile) Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 970993

http://www.photage.ca

88Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Does Edwin have tits now? Cool.....maybe Edwin is an angry chick....who knows.....amusing as hell.

89Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:47 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Miz point wrote:Does Edwin have tits now? Cool.....maybe Edwin is an angry chick....who knows.....amusing as hell.

Excuse me? Look who is continuing the argument now. Let it go, Miz P.

90Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Empty Re: Happy Blasphemy Day Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:51 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

No argument...just wondering....and making a joke regarding GOM's malapropism......besides, tits are not called "funbags" for nothing! Happy Blasphemy Day - Page 4 Lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum