the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Planning and Developing Winnipeg

+4
EdWin
AGEsAces
Freeman
grumpy old man
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:34 pm

Edwin, don't worry about my run for office. i pay for it myself, i express my opinions and that is that. I don't need to "lie" to get a vote, which is probably exactly the thing that gets your vote.

27planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Anonymous

...ahhhheemmm....and speaking of Waverley West...

What a crock that was...or is.!!!!

They sure built that pig up to look like a thousand dollar hooker eh.

Now, it's just another remote fuckingburb.

aaauuuurrrrggghh.

28planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

There is a difference.
I don't make myself enemies, those who have a different opinion.
Nor do I act childish. If I have an idea and get challenged, then I fight back by getting my idea out in a more understandable way, not by fighting or bitching.
I will insist, but will back off, when time comes.
Just show respect, and y'all will get respect in return.

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

29planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Anonymous

JTF wrote:...ahhhheemmm....and speaking of Waverley West...

What a crock that was...or is.!!!!

They sure built that pig up to look like a thousand dollar hooker eh.

Now, it's just another remote fuckingburb.

aaauuuurrrrggghh.

Hush, its not remote anymore, its Waverley West without schools and roadways, wonder if they can claim it was a TOD, after all, some think Transit systems spur development and not the other way around. My bet, every household will have at least 2 cars per driveway at minimum ( or one per driving age person ), same for Fort Rougiee development.

30planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:14 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Electrician wrote:

"There is a difference.
I don't make myself enemies, those who have a different opinion.
Nor do I act childish. If I have an idea and get challenged, then I fight back by getting my idea out in a more understandable way, not by fighting or bitching.
I will insist, but will back off, when time comes.
Just show respect, and y'all will get respect in return."

That is amazing that Electrician has been able to post everything that is wrong about his posting!
Great insite! lol

http://www.elansofas.com

31planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:18 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Bombastic hyperbole? What is that GOM? Can I get some of that, I notice my posts are falling down.

32planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:33 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh.. waverly west.. gotta love it... EVERY HOME WILL BE HEATED AND COOLED BY GEOTHERMAL OR THEY WONT BE BUILT

oops... we forgot to do a study to see if it was feesible... and guess what.. its not.. so um....it will cost too much so we wont do it.

33planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Anonymous

Yes well planning here could be better so could it in lots of cities , the biggest problem here is we give to much and get too little in return . IE developments with out definite schools paid for and build by the contractors who wanted the development to begin with . These area need to be complete when finished not done in the usual way at a later time .

34planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:44 am

Anonymous

IE developments with out definite schools paid for and build by the contractors who wanted the development to begin with

Why should developers pay for this ? Shouldn't government pay for it and contract out to the developers, it is a Provincial responsibility as the health of the City is a municipal responsibility.

Waverley West is a failure on so many levels because government allowed it to happen. Developers will just take the money they lobbied for and walk away. It is our governments at the local level that are failures, others just take advantage of it.

As one developer told me " I'm a whore, I'll sleep with whoever gives me my way "......nice. As a businessman, I understand, as a person running for office, I felt like squashing his head.

35planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:07 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Why are we rating Waverly West as a failure?
Did we have a rusty bridge put in?

36planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:09 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

37planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:12 am

Anonymous

well you aren't rating it as a failure. I am.

Selling overpriced housing doesn't constitute success from where i come from. Its just stuff. I tend to look at things from an urbanistrs perspective. So shoot me.

I'm going to go get a coffeee and a pumpkin muffin.

38planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:24 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Where? No invitation for coffee? Shame

39planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:28 am

Anonymous

LOL.....thought it was your nappy time....I'm just going to 7/11...why you want one /

40planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:32 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Not really, I have to try and get a couple more hours of sleep. I have to work today at 10 AM.
We'll get together in your warm garage with my wood heating the room. Do you have a carbon monoxide checker in that room?

41planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:33 am

Anonymous

Good night Rosie. I'm off to the states in a few hours, hopefully I'll be burning wood later this evening, need a couple of flue pieces to finish.

42planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:08 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

What about cigars?
If you are near a drugstore and you aren't bringing back any cigars for yourself, check out 50 cheap, non tipped wine dipped cigarellos, Black and Mild are 1 brand that I have been smoking with the tips( expensive)
I will re-imburse you completely.
I just realized you aren't going on vacation, but simply picking up some goods at the border.

Last edited by rosencrentz on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dumb-ass mistake)

43planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:34 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

So Winnipeg should be pulling this guy in for consultation.
Look at somewhere around the 11-12 minute mark for some great ideas, though most of the video has some interesting information.

http://www.photage.ca

44planning - Planning and Developing Winnipeg - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning and Developing Winnipeg Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:09 am

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Winnipeg should hire that guy! They could have made a snow board half pipe on the CMHR. etc...

Very good video, thanks for sharing.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum