the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brodbeck calls out James Cotton for past crimes and jail time!

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

http://blog.canoe.ca/raisinghell/2009/08/12/asper_s_rebuttal_a_joke#comments

I thought the comments in this article were quite entertaining. It turns out 10 years ago Cotton stole thousands of dollars from his victims credit cards and went to jail for it. How can this thief be so outraged with wasted tax dollars? When he himself stole tons of money from the public.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Quite hypocritical eh? I read the comments on timmy brodbeck's blog and on cotton's blog.

Cotton likes to rant with the moral indignity of a saint yet he is nothing more than a thief who did not pay for all his crimes (according to Cotton himself only those he was "caught" for). And he has not paid back his victims.

I do, however, credit him for standing up and accepting his lumps of late.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

This is my post on cotton's blog.

It is a typical brodbeck tactic: attack when he feels cornered. Hell he attacked me time and again. Eventually banning me after I went to his editor for publishing my name.

timmy brodbeck is a coward.

That said your criminal history is very relevant. You position yourself as an alternate media source, with plans to print a 100,000 circulation paper that will "feature stories and opinions from the alternative media and local blogs". Afterall without your integrity in this field what do you have?

As much as I rarely agree with you, or at least with your tactics, I give you credit for not running away to hide when confronted this way by Winnipeg's leading coward.

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Grumpy, how did brodbeck know your name?

Anonymous

What's with the "timmy" handle?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I assume he looked up my email address I used to register on that site. Not totally sure. I did at one time post using my name. I also met him for breakfast once with a couple other regular posters from his blog. One of whom remains a friend and is a member here. Perhaps one day when I retire I will use my name again.

When he started using my name on the web site I called him on it. When he did not remove it I called the paper and demanded they remove my name from brodbecks posts. They did. It was then that brodbeck banned me. That was last year.

Like Jim Cotton, brodbeck only publishes comments he allows. brodbeck has deleted a few of my posts from his blog. I never used inappropriate or vulgar language on brodbecks blog or web page.

Jim Cotton is a member of the sandbox but has stopped posting when I caught him in a large exaggeration of the truth (I'd save $1100 on my car insurance living in Calgary......what about you?). brodbeck has been invited but he is too cowardly to come here, preferring instead to hide behind his keyboard.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

JTF wrote:What's with the "timmy" handle?
I misspelled tommy...

Anonymous

Perhaps I've missed something here.

If you use your name on a post and somebody responds using your name, what is the problem?

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

That's just it, I was not using my name... I was posting under a pseudonym.

Anonymous

Ahh....then he was way over the line....WAY OVER. imho

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

Yeah over the line, unprofessional, childish.

manitobapost

manitobapost

Bartron wrote:http://blog.canoe.ca/raisinghell/2009/08/12/asper_s_rebuttal_a_joke#comments

I thought the comments in this article were quite entertaining. It turns out 10 years ago Cotton stole thousands of dollars from his victims credit cards and went to jail for it. How can this thief be so outraged with wasted tax dollars? When he himself stole tons of money from the public.

So just because I did something 11-12 years ago means I have to turn I blind eye when I see something wrong now? What kind of logic is that ?

I deserve to take my lumps for past sins, but I am not going to turn a blind eye when I see something wrong. Would you have preferred for me to remain a crook , or turn my life around ? I have a young daughter and a wife and I'll be damned if anyone is going to drag me down for my past stuff. I was doing that crap when I was 18-21 years old. If I am doing that stuff when I am 40 , then I'll write myself off.

I'll speak out against anything I think is wrong. With your thinking, I guess when if someone does a murder when they are 18 , and they do 25 years and get out, I guess they are not supposed to think murder is bad, or even report it if they see it happening. Give me a Break. The "Victims" were banks , and according to them , everything is settled. If they feel things are not settled, they can feel free to sue me. I contributed ideas to the banks after that have already saved them millions in credit card fraud. I am not perfect, but I try and be a better person, and that is all I can do.
I will be the first to admit my sentence was pathetic, as most are. The judge didn't do me any favors, I should have been given some hard labour in a rock quarry somewhere, or at least pick garbage in ditches for 8 hours a day. Instead our so called justice system gives no help to addicts, free cable TV with all the channels, and lots of leisure time.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

manitobapost wrote:So just because I did something 11-12 years ago means I have to turn I blind eye when I see something wrong now?
Absolutely not. By all means take on all wrong-doers. I think what has been implied is you made a "mistake" a few years ago and it just seems a little hypocritical to attack someone so vehemently who has done nothing illegal. To go so far as to infer they have committed a scam goes beyond hypocritical.

And all this moral outrage without full disclosure smacks a little sneaky also.

Just sayin'.

manitobapost

manitobapost

grumpy old man wrote:
manitobapost wrote:So just because I did something 11-12 years ago means I have to turn I blind eye when I see something wrong now?
Absolutely not. By all means take on all wrong-doers. I think what has been implied is you made a "mistake" a few years ago and it just seems a little hypocritical to attack someone so vehemently who has done nothing illegal. To go so far as to infer they have committed a scam goes beyond hypocritical.

And all this moral outrage without full disclosure smacks a little sneaky also.

Just sayin'.

I see where you are coming from GOM , however just because someone hasn' t been charged with something criminal, doesn't mean they have't scammed. Let's take a look at the Crocus fund. 33,000 Manitobans lost money in that ponzi scheme , has anyone been charged ? Gail Asper and Friends go to the Senate of Canada and pitch their story, and it turns out they outright lied. And then we get to the elections rebates the Manitoba NDP got, the cover up by elections Manitoba , and then shortly after the giant raise the CEO of Elections Manitoba got. We could even go into the forced unionization of the floodway. We have people without running water up north, and the cronies are funnelling money back to their friends. I am not trying to make my past sins appear any lighter ,but this world we live in is FULL of corruption. It's everywhere. It must be vehemently fought. You can't be nice about this stuff. In the USA, they even spent Millions going after Clinton for sleeping with another woman. I am not suggesting we go that far, but Canadians tend to roll over and play dead when it comes to things that would be a massive scandel in the USA.

I don't know how much more " Full Disclosure" people need from me, I was on every newscast in the 90's , all the politicians know my backround, I have blogged about it , etc.

I don't think I am a hypocrite. I would be if I was attacking Gail Asper , while at the same time working on sucking tax dollars for my own pet project. I do have a pet project in the works , actually, and you'll be reading about that when the announcment is made before the end of the year. And I am paying for it myself.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

manitobapost wrote:Let's take a look at the Crocus fund. 33,000 Manitobans lost money in that ponzi scheme , has anyone been charged ?
I would like you and others to take the same passion being spent on Asper and the CMHR and spend it campaigning on this where real people have been seriously hurt.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

But there is no real scandal here. As much as you and the black rod and others want to manufacture one. Not one dime is going into Aspers pocket. Indeed the Aspers and their foundation have donated many millions of their own money. How is what they've done criminal?

If you believe a real crime has been committed here then all levels of governments are complicit after all they apparently have provided funding without checking the veracity of the museum developers claims.

What the Museum backers might be guilty of is exuberance and hyperbole. None of which warrants the incredible personal attacks that have been unleashed.

Imagine how you'd feel were bloggists such as yourself and the black rod and others so unrelentingly attacking you.

However, we are off topic...

Anonymous

Isn't Asker flying around smoozing on the public dime?

manitobapost

manitobapost

GOM, you have some good points there. The government is at fault at all levels for funding this without even seeing the business plan. Just because their is no giant scandel, doesn't mean their is wrong doing. Most scandel's start with one or two people hounding on something. I do tend to go overboard with the personnal attacks, I do admit. . Maybe it's out of frustration, because the public deserves to have many questions answered, and the CMHR friends go out of their way to misled and hide. Gail Asper wanted protection so people can do a freedom of information request and find out the CMHR business plan and other details. Why are they hiding ? They lied to the Senate about the costs of the museum. Isn't their a law against misleading a senate committee ? The CMHR is going ahead, no matter what, and as long as Gail Asper sticks to raising the rest of the money from the private sector and the operating costs don't go thru the roof, there isn't much more to talk about with it. I don't really care what the content is in the place, either , we already know it's going to focus on the bad stuff in WW2 and it should. Maybe they can do a story about the other holocaust, the one where that evil God flooded the earth and wiped everyone out , except his own "perfect people". Just a thought.

I think your right, time to go deeper into Crocus again and make a stink out of that. Lots of people lost thousands. When really bothered me is how the Unions were pushing their members to invest more and more when they knew it was in trouble. The Unions tried milking their members, and it was just wrong. Everyone has just swept Crocus under the rug, including the PC and Liberal Parties. Justice has not been served.

manitobapost

manitobapost

JTF wrote:Isn't Asker flying around smoozing on the public dime?

It's called "Research". I guess visiting all the great museums of the world is something they want to do to make sure their museum stands up to the rest.

Anonymous

Ya. Right. Rolling Eyes

The Askers have alsways been liberal Liberals (dispite their announced Conservatism) and, as such, know how to suck at the public teat professionally.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

manitobapost wrote: I think your right, time to go deeper into Crocus again and make a stink out of that. Lots of people lost thousands. When really bothered me is how the Unions were pushing their members to invest more and more when they knew it was in trouble. The Unions tried milking their members, and it was just wrong. Everyone has just swept Crocus under the rug, including the PC and Liberal Parties. Justice has not been served.
It goes beyond that. The NDP and their peons actively engaged in cover ups and turning blind eyes.

That has been well documented and reported on. More disturbing perhaps is the unbelievable silence of the Conservatives. Their relative silence is almost criminal IMO.

Anonymous

The Conservative Party of Manitoba needs a Leader desperately.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

JTF wrote:Ya. Right. Rolling Eyes

The Askers have alsways been liberal Liberals (dispite their announced Conservatism) and, as such, know how to suck at the public teat professionally.
Ever receive even a little grant or tax credit for your business JTF?

manitobapost

manitobapost

grumpy old man wrote:
manitobapost wrote: I think your right, time to go deeper into Crocus again and make a stink out of that. Lots of people lost thousands. When really bothered me is how the Unions were pushing their members to invest more and more when they knew it was in trouble. The Unions tried milking their members, and it was just wrong. Everyone has just swept Crocus under the rug, including the PC and Liberal Parties. Justice has not been served.
It goes beyond that. The NDP and their peons actively engaged in cover ups and turning blind eyes.

That has been well documented and reported on. More disturbing perhaps is the unbelievable silence of the Conservatives. Their relative silence is almost criminal IMO.

The First thing Mcfadyen did when he got in as leader was end the bell ringing, call some BS " Crocus task force" which was never heard from again, and that was the end of Crocus. A certain conservative MLA, who will go unnamed, told me he was convinced Hugh was going to bury Crocus as soon as he became leader, and that is what happened. I share the blame between the Cons and the NDP on this one. The Liberals squaked for a while after, but no one really listens to what they have to say.

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:
JTF wrote:Ya. Right. Rolling Eyes

Ever receive even a little grant or tax credit for your business JTF?
Nope.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum