the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Bay Shopping Experience

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Bay Shopping Experience Empty The Bay Shopping Experience Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:43 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

So we got our government cheques and bonus this month, and I have opened a new bank account, marking it "home or house" renovations, so my wife grabs the cash card, actually she has the card because she is in charge of that department and heads off to The Bay
She needs some designer clothes, why? Because she is a designer when she isn't in her garden, and a damn good designer, she knows her primaty colours! lol
She manages to find some stuff that works for her, comes up to the cash register, Olsens is the depertment, and is told that she cannot buy the jacket until Aug 13th.
You have to wonder how stupid I am, because I would never tell a customer you cannot buy that today. It must be that it is going on "sale" and if we let evryone pre buy these samples? there will be nothing left for the ale.
At least the staff know what is being sold "on sale", (aWinnipeg term, indicating that all sales have to be on sale, because Wpger's will buy nothing at The Bay unless it is "on sale")

http://www.elansofas.com

2The Bay Shopping Experience Empty Re: The Bay Shopping Experience Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:25 pm

Mr_Point

Mr_Point

did she get her stuff or not?

3The Bay Shopping Experience Empty Re: The Bay Shopping Experience Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:19 am

Anonymous

LOL.."No...you can't buy this til next week...."

This proves that there are people walking around out there without a brain.

4The Bay Shopping Experience Empty Re: The Bay Shopping Experience Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:13 pm

a89aries

a89aries

When buying something last week at Safeway when the total came to $20.01...I asked the girl "am I okay because I just have a $20?" to which she promptly repaid "nope, I need all of it"

I promptly put my $20 bill away and pulled out my Master Card to pay.

-The store now gets hit with a % fee for the credit card usage
-Increase in administration time is huge when comparing the processing of a single $20 bill and processing a credit card purchase
-Several people behind who had to wait the extra time it took to process the card and for me to sign

Some people...

5The Bay Shopping Experience Empty Re: The Bay Shopping Experience Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

the difference being 1 cent comes out of her pay. x% comes out of the store.

6The Bay Shopping Experience Empty Re: The Bay Shopping Experience Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:05 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

no...the difference being a new employee vs. a well-trained employee...and the fear some people have of the "boss" watching.

I've been to the Safeway by my office (between Panet & Lag) many times for lunch...where the cost comes to that $.01 or $.02 total...and I don't carry pennies with me.
I offer to "overpay" (ie. $25), or hold out a $20 (as an example) and kind of fake a pocket search.
99% of the time...they have just waived at me to "forget the penny".

And, as such, many times I'll be paying that nickel and only have $.01 or $.02 in change returning...and I'll waive it off for them to keep in the register.

Having worked in retail a few times...we typically allowed for a $.25 difference in each till +/- before a drawer audit had to be done. Anything within $.25 after a full service day...was considered acceptable.

http://www.photage.ca

7The Bay Shopping Experience Empty Re: The Bay Shopping Experience Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

"no...the difference being a new employee vs. a well-trained employee...and the fear some people have of the "boss" watching."

Or that fact that some bosses are bigger assholes then other.

8The Bay Shopping Experience Empty Re: The Bay Shopping Experience Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Mr_Point

Mr_Point

9The Bay Shopping Experience Empty Re: The Bay Shopping Experience Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:11 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

On the back of the bill from The Bay is an e mail address, brian.read@hbc.com, asking "tell me about your shopping experience. I did, and am encouraged that after one week there has been no reply to the e mail sent!
Should there have been an answer?
Why don't you all send him an e mail and ask him if he plans to answer Eileen Rosen's inquiry?

10The Bay Shopping Experience Empty Re: The Bay Shopping Experience Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:44 pm

Anonymous

rosencrentz wrote:On the back of the bill from The Bay is an e mail address, brian.read@hbc.com, asking "tell me about your shopping experience. I did, and am encouraged that after one week there has been no reply to the e mail sent!
Should there have been an answer?
Why don't you all send him an e mail and ask him if he plans to answer Eileen Rosen's inquiry?

That's a great idea. I am writing them today about this matter....

11The Bay Shopping Experience Empty Re: The Bay Shopping Experience Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:55 am

Anonymous

Isn't that the clerk's email?

12The Bay Shopping Experience Empty Re: The Bay Shopping Experience Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:36 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Well my wife had a message to phone The Bay! 5 days ago. I guess the bay tried to get through to her!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum