the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent

+7
Triniman
Miz point
Freeman
Deank
tick
eastsider
grumpy old man
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:06 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Crash occurred at 2:45 PM. Police shut down the road and say it'll be shut down for several more hours.

How fricking absurd is this? Take photos and open up the intersection you morons. You simply cannot inconvenience so many people at rush hour over a bloody car accident.

Do it now.

eastsider

eastsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

Maaaaaaaaan was I glad I was on bike today, when I was coming home cars were backed up for blocks on either side Lagimodiere. That was at 3:30, when I went back up that way around 6 it was still completely cordoned off. Helluva mess the traffic was......what Grumpy said, take pics, take your measurements and be done with it, don't hold up traffic for over 4 hours.

tick

tick
contributor plus
contributor plus

i cyclopeded past 40 cars and a monster truck and led them to freedom on peaceful Mission.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Wonder why so much investigation?

Cops to blame?

5Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:13 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Usually if the injuries are significant, investigations take time. Not an excuse, just saying.

6Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:03 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

it just seems that whenever a cop car is involved the investigation is alot more detailed.

Say its been 9 months now... we ever going to get a report about why two cop cars smashed into each other?

7Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:30 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

This from StBPegger...
I couldn't help but shake my head when I found out about the accident on Regent and Lag that involved a cop car. It wasn't the cop car that I was shaking my head at, but the car they collided with - an off-duty police officer.

If anyone should know how to get out of the way of a police car....
How ironic is that?

8Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:35 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Wonder if there was alcohol involved?

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

9Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:42 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Nah. Our police officers? Never happens. Why would you even ask?

10Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:47 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I have a devil on my back remember? Smile

11Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:48 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

On your back eh???

12Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:49 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Hang 'em high!

13Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:55 am

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:On your back eh???

Did you not see that one? Guess you were not looking at that part of me....hehehe

14Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

[quote="grumpy old man"][quote]This from StBPegger...
I couldn't help but shake my head when I found out about the accident on Regent and Lag that involved a cop car. It wasn't the cop car that I was shaking my head at, but the car they collided with - an off-duty police officer.

If anyone should know how to get out of the way of a police car....
[/

so two out of three cars driven by cops...chances that it is an accident caused by a cop? pretty damn high

15Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:34 pm

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

Apparently the on duty officer was responding to an emergency weapons-related call at the time....

How'd that go by the way?

16Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

They were on Lag and thought the lights were synchronized. Very Happy

17Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:06 pm

death128

death128
contributor
contributor

They'll blame the third car involved. lol

18Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Taze the bastard!!

19Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

just make sure to handcuff him and stick the tazer between his cheeks first

20Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:02 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Ooops, it was an off duty cop involved. Now who's to blame?

21Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:28 am

Anonymous

The lousy street, dam potholes .

22Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:50 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Turns out that the police were proceeding, lights and siren and all, to a gun call. The police entered the intersection illegally (the civilian car was turning left on a green light) slamming into the car, which then hit a third car.

While the police may be allowed to drive through red lights and speed they must also use great care and yield to traffic until it is safe to proceed.

I wonder why we've not heard anything further about this from the police themselves? Seems to me the police frequently release who did what in similar accidents.

I wonder if the officer's memories have been affected due to the severity of the collision.

23Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:34 pm

winnipegceilingcat

winnipegceilingcat

Deank wrote:just make sure to handcuff him and stick the tazer between his cheeks first

you mean like this...?

Cops Sodomize man with taser

24Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:39 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Officer #3 and officer #10 should both be fired.

25Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Empty Re: Police Crash @ Lagimodiere and Regent Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Rum, sodomy and the lash!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum