the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

how many vehicle accidents have you been in?

+6
Triniman
Goth_chic
grumpy old man
cherenkov
SMW
Deank
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

me..none involving more then one vehicle.
2 flips ( well one we actually flipped onto the side 4 times and is it called an accident when the driver is trying to commit suicide?)
2 multiple time roll overs. ( including one that I was flying about 20-30 feet in the air at one point )
hmm... I swear there was more but cant seem to remember them...
without a doubt my seatbelt saved me in all 4 of the accidents I can remember.

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Four. Twice as a passenger, twice while driving.

Then there were the collisions that weren't accidents... Mad

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

cherenkov

cherenkov
contributor plus
contributor plus

Two, of any significance, plus a few fender benders.

1) 17 y.o. girl pulled out in front of me from a side street on Pmby Hwy. Her bastard dad tried fighting. Way to teach your daughter responsibility ...

2) as a passenger: a guy had a

seizure and accellerated across an intersection right into us.

Plus, I deliberately caused two accidents to people who pissed me off. But that another thread ...

http://anybody-want-a-peanut.blogspot.com/

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Two - two vehicle accidents. Both my fault. Both before I turned 20. One - one vehicle accident when I lost control near Gimli and ran into a ditch. Also before I turned 20. No damage but scared the bejesus outta me.

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

One...as a passenger back in the 80's.

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Zilch, knock on wood. I have found myself falling asleep at the wheel, however and have vowed to never again drive when that drowsy feeling comes on.

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

3, one as a passenger in my teen years, one where a driver turned left in front of me on Salter. I had all three of my kids in the van with me (going to a hockey game) and my son broke the windsheild the impact was so hard and he had his seat belt on. And the last was a hit and run, which I followed the guy and found where he pulled into a home, got the license and later was informed the car was stolen and he was wanted for numerous warrants. None that I have ever been injured in thankfully. And one more where I was a cyclists and a truck hit me. Truck was coming out of a parking lot and claimed she didn't see me, was not paying attention, assumed there would be no traffic as it was on Waterfront Drive before it became a popular short cut. That is where the helmet saved me BTW.

eastsider

eastsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

Two accidents= two totalled cars. The one that stands out is when I had my single vehicle rollover. I hit an early morning patch of black ice between Winkler and Morden.......truck started skidding all over the highway, then the tires caught the gravel shoulder, my first thought was that this is where I'd die...I rolled twice and came to rest on the passenger side. I was alive!!! I let my seatbelt go and immediately slid right down to the passenger door, that told me what probaly would have happened had I not worn the belt. Truck was crushed completely, I didn't have a scratch. Miracles do happen!

winnipegceilingcat

winnipegceilingcat

1 accident.

When portage and main was under heavy construction, i think 6 years ago?
anyways i was in the in the inside turning lane from main street on to portage, and this woman was in the curb lane, also turning on to portage.
the light changes green and i start to make my turn. She drives right into the rear quarter panel of my '84 fiero, almost tossing my car on to the boulevard. Needless to say i was pissed. I jumped out of my car, lost my temper.. scared her hubby so bad with my anger he wouldn't get out of the van. Autopac found in my favor.. however they wouldn't pay for new ball joints or tie rods (fieros have tie rods in the back).
Not soon after i get a letter telling me that the woman who hit me is taking me to court cause she didn't like the autopac ruling. During the 20min small claims thing, she pulled out "evidence" of my being in the wrong. she had street level pictures, and pictures from the top of the TD Tower. It was crazy.
But in the end, the judge said "its your word against his." and it got tossed out, with her having to pay the court fees. lol

Anonymous

3 accidents. Two minor accidents, and one semi-major one where I was lucky to escape bodily harm.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Several fender benders, but only one of significance. In the army, I was driving a 1 ton truck with small arms ammunition, just bullets nothing that would make a big boom, stopped at a red light and the truck behind me, a fully loaded 2 & 1/2 ton pulling a water trailer, brakes failed, rear ended me. Pretty well peeled the cargo bed of my truck, broke some crates, bullets all over, ruptured the gas tank of the deuce and a half. CIty police rolled by shaking their heads. Military Police arrived and wanted to know which hospital the driver was taken to (that was me) All was well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum