the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burn in hell MJ!

+8
Mantha
Triniman
rosencrentz
grumpy old man
holly golightly
Goth_chic
eastsider
Deank
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Triniman

general-contributor
general-contributor

"The guy was a odd ball. no doubt about it. But a pedophile he was not."

Silence!

The public has spoken! Being tried through the media is the best way to judge someone.

52Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:04 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

The media is the reason for all the woes of North America, and the U.S.!
Was Elvis a married man when he died? Someone mentioned that he was an adulterer! Is having consensual sex a crime anywhere? In the papers you say!
The moral right , or is it the moral wrong?
Kill some reporters! I don't want to say anything that would upset MizP, as I do not know if she is a reporter or a photographer, or both!

http://www.elansofas.com

53Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:08 pm

LivingDead

LivingDead
general-contributor
general-contributor

Triniman wrote:"The guy was a odd ball. no doubt about it. But a pedophile he was not."

Silence!

The public has spoken! Being tried through the media is the best way to judge someone.

LOL.

Yes mass hysteria is always right. lets fire all our judges at all levels and just let the media decide. Bring back lynch mobs and anarchy.

:@@@:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

54Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I heard Deank has a thing for sheep....Wink

55Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

only the young female ones.

56Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

rosencrentz wrote:The media is the reason for all the woes of North America, and the U.S.!
Was Elvis a married man when he died? Someone mentioned that he was an adulterer! Is having consensual sex a crime anywhere? In the papers you say!
The moral right , or is it the moral wrong?
Kill some reporters! I don't want to say anything that would upset MizP, as I do not know if she is a reporter or a photographer, or both!

Miz P is a bum.....I have it on good authority that she is an absolute wastrel. BTW, consensual naughty sneaky sex rules.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

57Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:07 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Wierd, different, hung out with kids!
he probably built wonderland?, because he felt he was like that boy who used to fly, whatever his name was from neverland who fought with a pirate.
He admitted in an interview that was who he was! he never had a childhood, and claims that his father beat him as a kid.
Michael specifically left NOTHING to his father in his will.
Everything is conjecture regarding pedophile crap, and it is only those with negative nanny attitudes (excluding DeanK), who would believe that unfounded media crap. He was a target, that you have to admit to! At least he used his wealth to fight and win an acquital.
If any of you were charged with this crime and didn't have 40 million to defend himself, where would you be? In jail!
I see only the good in people, because 99.97% of people are good. Not sure how accurate that BS quote is?

http://www.elansofas.com

58Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Anonymous

LivingDead wrote:
Triniman wrote:"The guy was a odd ball. no doubt about it. But a pedophile he was not."

Silence!

LOL.

Yes mass hysteria is always right. lets fire all our judges at all levels and just let the media decide. Bring back lynch mobs and anarchy.

For some it is the best way , to bad
:@@@:

59Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:31 am

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

I have indicated before that I am a fan of his music, not so much of him but one thing we must all remember, there are now 3 children who are without the only father they have ever known and are left to be raised by a 79 year old woman and if something happens to her a 65 year old woman will take them on. What kind of upbringing will they have???? (besides the nannies that are already in place). Let's hope that things will get back to "normal" for them quickly and that whoever is raising them will keep them out of the media spotlight as their father did.

60Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:38 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Why? The kids have mothers. Where are they? Not sure why we MUST remember. I expect that happens thousands of times daily. Do these kids have something special that demands we care more than others?

61Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:51 am

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

Being respectful of any person who is left to grieve a lost love one, regardless of what we thought of the person who died, is IMO morally the right thing. Yes these children have mothers who happened to have chosen to take the money from MJ to relinquish parental rights (the youngest one's mother was a surrogate and never had any contact at all). If you were to run into a child who lost their parent you would hopefully respect their loss so I see nothing different in this case, he was their father and now he is gone.

62Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:54 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I believe grumpy's point is, why should we care any more about MJs kids then the 100s, 1000s or more kids that run into this situation each and every day around the world.

63Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I don't understand why so many are so interested in his death. Move on people...Razz

64Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:43 pm

holly golightly

holly golightly
major-contributor
major-contributor

I'm not saying we should care more than for Joe Citizen's kids, but we should show the same compassion as we would for anyone else. I just think that all of the disparaging things that have been said about the person, whether they are true, false or proven in court to "not have occurred" have an impact on the children and it is time to let these children grieve in peace with their family, just as you would if it were someone of humble means.

65Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:11 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

I agree with Holly. While it is said that people grieve in different ways, I'm not even sure that those kids even understand this whole death thing (especially the youngest one), so why drag them into the public spotlight. While I think very little of Michael Jackson, the one thing he did (even though it was in a weird way), he protected his children from the public spotlight, but thats where they are right now.

66Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:19 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Here's something I find interesting about the whole MJ thing.

My wife and I were commenting last year about how, aside from around Halloween when Thriller gets played non-stop for a week, you rarely heard any MJ songs on the radio.

By rarely I mean, next to never...maybe once per year.

Now we made the assumptions either:
1) his music was "boycotted" unofficially because of the accusations before
2) he banned stations from playing songs as part of some contract
3) the royalties he demanded from stations to play songs were so high, it wasn't worth it to play

Yet NOW...they were even playing his songs on a country station yesterday.

So to me...that rules out #2 & #3...cause just because he's gone...doesn't change his contract status, nor his royalty payments.

http://www.photage.ca

67Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Artists get paid at a certain rate for airplay, and it's not actually the artists who get paid, but the songwriters...who are often the artists, but not always. MJ couldn't demand more money for airplay.

68Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:30 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

option 4. He was not releasing new music.

69Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:38 am

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

Deank wrote:option 4. He was not releasing new music.
Neither are the Beatles or Led Zeppelin, but they still receive a ton of airplay.

70Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:39 am

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

You can't compare MJ to Zeppelin or the Beatles.

71Burn in hell MJ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Burn in hell MJ! Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:46 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah there is a difference between TIMELESS songs and songs that are popular at one point in time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum