the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

crazy court sentencing

+3
incognito
FlyingRat
Deank
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1crazy court sentencing Empty crazy court sentencing Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:04 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Which is worse, dismembering a body or "selling drugs"?
if you guessed dismemberment.. your wrong
flipping through a whole bunch of different websites this morning I run into this little tidbit.
A woman who stole a perscription pad and wrote some notes out gets 10 years in Rhode Island.
http://www.whjjtalkradio920.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=122060&article=4460120
Back in Canada.. Edmonton specifically we give 4 guys sentenances from 32 months to 52 months for chopping up a body.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2008/10/24/7189491-sun.html
apparently they did such a good job, no one has been charged with the murder yet.

Anyhoo.... just thought I would share those little tidbits with you so you can all shake your head in disbelief today too.

2crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:41 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

10 years is only 120 months, so four guys getting 32 to 52 months is more time served than that....

3crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:41 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Besides, if they ever lay murder charges, that will get the hard time, one would hope.

4crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:47 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

If they ever lay murder charges...thats a big if.

5crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:07 pm

incognito

incognito
contributor plus
contributor plus

Was the dead guy found in the bathtub someone that society would realy miss?

6crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:14 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

it was a gang murder... other then that, I dont know.

7crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:23 pm

incognito

incognito
contributor plus
contributor plus

IOW, not a fvck of a lot.

8crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:59 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

If you check the difference in sentencing for the same crime is somewhere at double to four times higher in the US

http://www.elansofas.com

9crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:49 am

Anonymous

Our justice system works much better than the American justice system, so aside from the most extreme cases, so what does it matter really? Just look at the crime rate comparison between the two countries. The bottom line is the US is by far more violent than Canada. It's weird that every time an extreme case comes along (a child killing, etc.) we compare the punishments between the two countries, when we should really be comparing our country with other First World countries with similiar crime statistics (UK, France, Germany, etc.).

The bottom line is the American justice system does not work, and I would never recommend that Canada adapt similiar sentencing guidelines (mandatory minimums, etc), as the United States.

10crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:42 am

Outsider

Outsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

HurtinAlbertan wrote: It's weird that every time an extreme case comes along (a child killing, etc.) we compare the punishments between the two countries, when we should really be comparing our country with other First World countries with similiar crime statistics (UK, France, Germany, etc.).

The bottom line is the American justice system does not work, and I would never recommend that Canada adapt similiar sentencing guidelines (mandatory minimums, etc), as the United States.
So what kind of sentences do other "first world countries" who are not USA hand out?
For instance what kind of sentence would they had out for a stolen car or D.U.I ??

11crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:48 am

Anonymous

Saudi Arabia they would hang end of subject .

12crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:59 am

Anonymous

Pavolo wrote:Saudi Arabia they would hang end of subject .

They also have stoned women to death for adultery.

13crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:10 am

Anonymous

And you can take a million dollers cash walk into the bank to deposit it and have very little fear, of being robbed

14crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:12 am

Anonymous

I do believe that practice did stop as did some other ones but people still fear the law and they have one of the lowest crime rates going .

15crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:09 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

What practise stopped? Stoning women? Or fearlessly walking into a bank with a million dollars?

The stoning practise and other obscene related customs still exists. And I'd have absolutely zero fear waling INTO any Bank in Canada with a million dollars. Now walking TO the bank is a whole different story.

16crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:21 am

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

This is worthy of more research. Give me a million dollars and I'll walk into any bank you say.

Actually, if you tried to deposit a million dollars in cash, it would set off all sorts of bells and whistles and large cash deposits and withdrawals are tracked and reported. Can't recall the limit.

17crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:23 am

Anonymous

$10K I believe.

18crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:03 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

$10K is the american limit for sure, do we actually have a limit in Canada?

19crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:22 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Yup, it is $10,000! I did it for a joke, just cause I like playing with the system!

http://www.elansofas.com

20crazy court sentencing Empty Re: crazy court sentencing Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:24 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

As a joke come deposit 10,000 Canadian Dollars in my pocket.. just to see what happens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum