the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gotta love justice like this!

+3
rosencrentz
FlyingRat
eastsider
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gotta love justice like this! Empty Gotta love justice like this! Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:41 pm

eastsider

eastsider
contributor plus
contributor plus

Looks like our little Transcona taggers were busted for all the graffitti damage they caused this past year....over 400 buildings tagged. Instead of simply being charged we're gonna get restorative justice, clean it up and paint the walls.And no, not just the part of the wall that has the damage, the entire wall. Whats your opinion....will this make a difference? Make other kids think twice b4 they tag a building? I'm not entirely sure it will but I wanna see four 15 year old boys painting this summer Very Happy
http://www.cjob.com/News/Local/Story.aspx?ID=1083383

Last edited by eastsider on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:45 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

It better make a difference to the individuals doing the work. Their friends might or might not take heed, at least until this method is repeated a few iterations...

3Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:53 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Poetic Justice- making them repair the damage! Hopefully thry have to get their parents to buy the paint!

http://www.elansofas.com

4Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:21 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

This is what justice is supposed to be. Good job on MB justice getting it done.. Good job on the offenders realizing what they did and aggreeing to make ammends.

5Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:23 pm

anny

contributor
contributor

Restorative justice is the way to go, imo. Punishment (juvenile hall, detention, suspensions, etc.) doesn't rehabilitate.

http://dineoutwinnipeg.tumblr.com/

6Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:24 pm

anny

contributor
contributor

Now if they'll catch the punks who are pretending to be "Crips" and tagged all the new garages and fences in my neighbourhood. Ironically, before these kids (I'm assuming) came around, only the dilapidated buildings suffered vandalism.

http://dineoutwinnipeg.tumblr.com/

7Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:27 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh yeah well as someone who actually knows what a crip is... it is rather amusing what these little guys who call themselves crips.... all we would need to do is send some pics and some air fare down south and our "crips" problem in the peg would be removed.. permanently.

there is a distinct difference between being someone and acting like someone.

8Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:57 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

This seems and appropriate thread for this tidbit.

Our company is doing some exterior renovations in Selkirk.

I was up there doing an inspection, and this teenager with his hat on wrong comes walking through the area.

He yells at me "Hey man, how you like workin' in da hood?"

I said "The What?"

He says: "Yeah man, this is da hood..that's where yous workin'...how yous like it?"

I said: "Seems like paradise to me!!!"

If only he knew. The Hood? of Selkirk? I almost fell over laughing!!!

I've worked in "the Hood" of Camden, NJ, of Philadelphia, PA, of NYC. I've seen shootings, and returned shots myself....and he thinks THAT'S the "Hood?"

In a real "Hood"...the kid doesn't ask you a question...he puts a gun in your face and robs you...THEN asks you the question...or gets shot himself.

Stupid Kids

http://www.photage.ca

9Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:04 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

roll playing from a tv program no doubt!

http://www.elansofas.com

10Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:06 am

Bartron

Bartron
major-contributor
major-contributor

AGEsAces wrote:This seems and appropriate thread for this tidbit.

Our company is doing some exterior renovations in Selkirk.

I was up there doing an inspection, and this teenager with his hat on wrong comes walking through the area.

He yells at me "Hey man, how you like workin' in da hood?"

I said "The What?"

He says: "Yeah man, this is da hood..that's where yous workin'...how yous like it?"

I said: "Seems like paradise to me!!!"

If only he knew. The Hood? of Selkirk? I almost fell over laughing!!!

I've worked in "the Hood" of Camden, NJ, of Philadelphia, PA, of NYC. I've seen shootings, and returned shots myself....and he thinks THAT'S the "Hood?"

In a real "Hood"...the kid doesn't ask you a question...he puts a gun in your face and robs you...THEN asks you the question...or gets shot himself.

Stupid Kids

You have returned shots yourself?? Your the Clint Eastwood of the sandbox!

11Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:08 am

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Bartron wrote:You have returned shots yourself?? Your the Clint Eastwood of the sandbox!

To be fair...the other guy didn't shoot at me...he just held the gun on me...till I knocked it out of his hand and shot him in the leg.

But I have been shot at, and had other things happen while I was working in Camden, NJ.

I'm sure I stated on here somewhere before...but the BEST sections of Camden...are BETTER than the WORST sections of Winnipeg.

http://www.photage.ca

12Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:38 am

Anonymous

Sad part is they will clean it someone else will tag it just to show they won't get caught . Faster way to solve, Spray tagger from head to toe in every colour while nude . Then let him walk the streets for a year nude . My queses it would only take one example . Yes the gangs here are not as bad but then they are the puppets , for the bigger ones in the back.

13Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:41 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

". Then let him walk the streets for a year nude . My queses it would only take one example"

yeah but then you will have people tagging buildings just so that they could walk around nude all the time.

14Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:42 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

err...not that I know anyone that would want to do that

15Gotta love justice like this! Empty Re: Gotta love justice like this! Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:46 am

Anonymous

Yes some would look better with their cloths on true . lol!

We could set up a board to decide who doe,s and doesn,t um more bureaucracy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum