the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon

+5
Freeman
rosencrentz
FlyingRat
Electrician
EdWin
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:10 am

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

So I booked a flight down to Phoenix in April. Got cheap seats through Westjet; $79 and $89 flights from Edmonton. I'm gonna scout out the city as a potential place to relocate in a couple of years. I am also planning to rent a car and drive up to Grand Canyon National Park. Maybe even hit up a Winnipeg Jets, errr, Phoenix Coyotes game if a Canadian team is playing.

Does anyone have any tips on what else to do in Phoenix? Maybe some advice on where exactly to go in the Grand Canyon? Any ideas on dirt cheap yet clean hotels/places to stay?

Thanks!

2Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:35 am

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Uhmmmmm....
Go scorpion hunting???
scratch

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

3Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:42 am

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Oh come on; that is like saying the only thing to do in Winnipeg is build snowmen.

Are there any good museums, night clubs, outdoor parks, etc. It's a city of what 2-3 million people? There is bound to be tonnes of things to do besides count how many Canadian snowbirds you ran into.

4Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:47 am

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Visit Wayne Gretzky's mansion.
Go over to Mel's Diner. (???).
Go watch a basketball game. (Suns).
Go watch a wrestling match. (Coyotes).
Go to Vegas. Good Post!

5Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:56 am

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Go to Sam Katz's house!

6Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:58 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Golf, and google the city- Take some snow with you , so you won't get homesick!

http://www.elansofas.com

7Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:03 am

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

FlyingRat wrote:Go to Sam Katz's house!

That very thought would be enough to make me want to cancel my trip and stay as far away from Phoenix as possible!!!!!!

Thankfully, I"m stronger than that Smile

8Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:51 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Any help guys; any help at all.

9Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:53 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Go cruisin' on Saturday night and count old people.

10Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:54 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

never been... so cant help. as suggestion.. load up google world and zoom in usually lots of little things you would not know about.

11Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:55 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Edwin... go post on a Phoenix-based forum. I'm sure they'll have the info you are seeking.

12Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Then he'll have to use the name Phoedwin or Edwinph.

13Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:40 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Visit Scottsdale. If you golf there are two L/PGA courses there. Next door in Mesa there is a great area with blocks and blocks of native crafts and artsy stuff. We spent an entire morning touring through there. Ton's of real neat sh1t to see (and buy).

We went gliding when we were there. Fascinating view of the desert and area. You can also go horseback riding in the desert.

Maybe visit here for more ideas: http://www.visitphoenix.com/

Have fun. It is a nice city.

14Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:29 pm

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

gliding? *perk*

I bet it was awesome! What model of glider did you have?

15Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:34 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Have no clue. But we were towed up by a small Cessna like plane and released. Amazing thing I'll tell ya.

16Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:52 pm

Anonymous

Lots of nice golf courses and take the heli trip over the canyon totaly awsome way to see it .

17Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:03 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:Visit Scottsdale. If you golf there are two L/PGA courses there. Next door in Mesa there is a great area with blocks and blocks of native crafts and artsy stuff. We spent an entire morning touring through there. Ton's of real neat sh1t to see (and buy).

We went gliding when we were there. Fascinating view of the desert and area. You can also go horseback riding in the desert.

Maybe visit here for more ideas: http://www.visitphoenix.com/

Have fun. It is a nice city.

Thanks for the tip on the website: This will definately come in handy. I am so excited! I have the travel bug in me!

18Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Winklovic

Winklovic
contributor
contributor

Drive the Apache Trail. It runs northeast from Apache Junction. About 1/3 is paved, the rest is gravel. Scenery is outstanding.

The Phoenix Zoo is impressive. It was the first place I had ever seen giraffes.

Visit my flickr site for my Arizona Vacation pics and some ideas!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brent1210/collections/72157602774331530/

When I visited the Grand Canyon, I drove up to Flagstaff, spent the night there, then drove the the Canyon the next morning. I drove along the south rim. The Grand Canyon is something everyone should see at least once. It's overwhelming.

19Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:45 pm

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Thanks. I plan to drive up from Phoenix early in the morning and spend pretty much the entire day up there, then drive back down. I got cheap rooms booked in Downtown Phoenix. I'm also excited because I'm going to check out a potential city I might consider moving to eventually.

20Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

21Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Empty Re: Trip to Phoenix/Grand Canyon Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:26 pm

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Hey...don't forget to add this to your itinerary...bring one back for me too Smile.

Great Place to Visit

http://www.photage.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum