the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Should Police Break In To Your Home?

+5
AdamX
Electrician
Freeman
grumpy old man
rosencrentz
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1How Should Police Break In To Your Home? Empty How Should Police Break In To Your Home? Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:35 pm

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

http://www.canfirearms.ca/archives/text/v11n500-599/v11n536.txt

What would make a safer entrance? Should they smash in at 5 A.M. and then get shot?
A police officer with 2 kids is dead.

http://www.elansofas.com

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

A surprising verdict. Shades of the Jubilee raid no? Is it plausible the Police did not verbally identify themselves. Could not the same argument be sustained in the Jubilee case?

Anonymous

Yup and yup again.

Pretty much the same scenario as I see it.

Anonymous

Most Canadians carry a firearm handy just in case some one invades , the thought that of it scares me, Also to the gullibilty of the jury, and was it even a fair trial . As the man was a biker funny they did not request a out of city trial . O well One more reason to not be a cop .

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Pavolo wrote:Most Canadians carry a firearm handy just in case some one invades.

I certainly hope you forgot the sarcasm font when you made that statement.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

8 of my friends who "deal" all have firearms in the house!

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

rosencrentz wrote:8 of my friends who "deal" all have firearms in the house!

My point exactly. Police should only enter the homes of those who are not engaged in criminal activity, that way, those with loaded guns in their houses would not have to resort to self defence when they are trying to be arrested.

Anonymous

Of course it was sarcasm but it had you wondering , maybe read it in the bathroom most Canadians will with there gun present .

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

"most Canadians will with there gun present"
Pavola come on , this is so frustrating to try and figure out?

Anonymous

Jubilee the gun was in the bathroom , better. Just a shot on the bs the lawyers use to get there scum bag clients off and the fact we have allowed it to be used .

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Do you think that perhaps the police did not check their computer , regarding the gun registry? Remember the government has spent what 2 billion on that valuable tool! What would happen if the police would surround a home, and then phone the buggers to come out and have a double cheeseburger with fries?
lol!

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

I have seen news coverage of the police surrounding a house and telephone the occupants to come out. Eventually they come out.

I think much of today's storm the house approach is an effort to prevent evidence from being destroyed. This is very risky at best and hardly worth the effort IMO. Especially when most of the evidence is drugs.

Legalize the drugs and presto no more problems. Then we can refocus the police to speed traps and jaywalkers.

Anonymous

They would probably say they are vegetarians .

Anonymous

grumpy old man wrote:I have seen news coverage of the police surrounding a house and telephone the occupants to come out. Eventually they come out.

I think much of today's storm the house approach is an effort to prevent evidence from being destroyed. This is very risky at best and hardly worth the effort IMO. Especially when most of the evidence is drugs.

Legalize the drugs and presto no more problems. Then we can refocus the police to speed traps and jaywalkers.

Perhaps refocus on other things besides speed traps and jaywalkers, but you are absolutely right-on!! Good Post!

Electrician

Electrician
general-contributor
general-contributor

Why don't they use the chimney?
scratch

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

JTF wrote:Perhaps refocus on other things besides speed traps and jaywalkers, but you are absolutely right-on!! Good Post!

Said tongue-in-cheek but thanks.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Why is it so hard for politicians to grasp the idea that if the profit is taken away from all the illegal activities , everyone would be better off, and the politicians would be creating a larger bureaucracy to handle the business?
Instead of adding more police to chase the bad guys, who are merely good merchants, they could add more of their friend to the payroll.
Too much common sense?

Anonymous

Thats why they don't adopt it .

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

any police raid is going to involve lots of shouting of the words "POLICE!" "GET DOWN!" and "KEEP YOUR HANDS WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM!"

its very sad that the jury bought this self defence crap and just contributes to a dangerous precedent for future cases like this.

http://www.cakefarter.com

Anonymous

Yes that is the way it is done even though some believe they come in and never introduce them selves .

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Pavolo wrote:Yes that is the way it is done even though some believe they come in and never introduce them selves .

which would all be solved if every cop was wearing a audio and video recording device at all times. Makes no sense why this does not happen in Canada. No sense at all. Cheap cheap cheap technology would pay for itself in the first year.

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

i tend to agree with you there deank, cops are trained that these days more than ever they need to know their stuff and watch what they say and do, because cameras are so prevalent among the people they are dealing with. why not use that to their advantage?

off the top of my head i can think of a couple solid arguments against it that might come up. but overall if the right technology were used i think it could save a lot of headaches.

http://www.cakefarter.com

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Jubilee shooting for one.. almost gaurenteed that the case would not have even went to trial.
The young kid in Winnipeg who hit his head and died after being tazered... would have instant proof as to what the cops saying happened actually happening and there could be no justified public outrage.

What arguements against it?

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Was he charged only for first degree murder in the killing? They could have at least gone for manslaughter.

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

While the technology exists at a reasonable cost, what would be the next issue of police using a/v recording? Under what circumstances would recordings be made public? Even though the images would exist, will the public outcry then be that they should be made public?

What if the police went into a titty bar and had to taze an over exuberant patron, and while not involved in the confrontation, DeanK was clearly identifiable in the background, when he told his wife that he was at another CC meeting? What then??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum