the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

this cop killer better get life

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1this cop killer better get life Empty this cop killer better get life Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/details_of_mounties_deaths_revealed_at_first-degree_murder_trial-40274152.html

I remember following this story as it unfolded and the perp finally turning himself in and his dad saying oh he was not guilty it was just a misunderstanding.

How the frick do you misunderstand shooting 3 people in the head?

2this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:21 pm

Freeman

Freeman
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

He was trying to scare them, but his aim was off??

3this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:48 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

guilty of first degree murder... at least 25 years before chance at parole... and he still might get more time as they decide on his attempted murder sentence.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/mountie-forgives-murderer-41196087.html

According to him RCMP ( you know those guys who have bright flashin lights on top of thier vehicle that are damn near impossible to miss)....ambushed him and he "blindly returned fire to save his own life"... umm yeah.... because you can blindly return fire so accurately as to shoot 2 officers in the head and then shoot at another one just missing the head who arrives 2 minutes later.... yup.. that makes sense.

4this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:22 am

Anonymous

Ya know Dean.... a few short years ago, there would have been absolutely no doubt in my mind as to what went doen there.

However, now that we have seen the RCMP are a bunch of liars and killers, I'm not so sure of what happened.

Perhaps they did open fire on him without notice....remember what happened in the Vancouver airport?

5this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:30 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah I know hard to believe... BUT.... even if they did do it like he says.... open fire without notice...he randomly fired and shot 3 in the head one who showed up a few minutes after the fact?
that is not going to happen.

plus.. well I know some of the people involved and just based on the media reports... never mind the actual evidence, his story makes little sense.

6this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:36 am

Anonymous

We're just going by what the RCMP has said, and I don't readily believe them any longer personally.

Unfortunately, some people still believe that cops can do no wrong. Shudder!!

7this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:37 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

actually.... the perp gave his story as well.... his story makes no sense...based on what the crime scene looked like after the fact....
Maybe if he had a better story with less holes

8this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:40 am

Anonymous

Perhaps if he was just making it up, it would be a better story. Just saying.

9this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:43 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

10this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:43 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

this cop killer better get life Sk-dagenais-trucks090225

11this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:46 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

note the lawyer for the defense saying
"If someone fires at you, you are entitled to return fire. That's self-defence, as far as I know.""

well thats a fine twisting of the real rules on self defence...and sure I can maybe see that arguement if the perp did not know they were cops.... kind of hard not to know they were cops eh?

12this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:53 am

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

JTF wrote:We're just going by what the RCMP has said, and I don't readily believe them any longer personally.

Unfortunately, some people still believe that cops can do no wrong. Shudder!!

But would you rather have a "police" force similar to those in countries like Iran, Iraq and China?

I'll take Canadian police any day, thank you very much.

13this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:14 am

Anonymous

I would rather not have to chose between the lesser of two evils personally. I think we deserve much better.

14this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:16 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

yeah... its a hard place to be when you feel you can no longer implicitly trust the Police. The only way out is for ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS to eliminate the thin blue line. REMOVE and punish all bad cops very publically.

15this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:16 am

Anonymous

Deank wrote:note the lawyer for the defense saying
"If someone fires at you, you are entitled to return fire. That's self-defence, as far as I know.""

well thats a fine twisting of the real rules on self defence...and sure I can maybe see that arguement if the perp did not know they were cops.... kind of hard not to know they were cops eh?
What would you do if the cops came out with their guns blazing?

Seems reasonable to defend yourself.

16this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:19 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

BUT... the perp started it by running and refusing police orders. They chased him for over 30kms. IF they did start shooting first... how come the perp is not dead? Are we really to believe that 3 police officers can be shot in the head by "random" gun fire... and not one of them able to shoot him first when they start shooting first? I know cops need more training in firing guns, but find it very difficult to believe that 3 cops are that bad of a shot that they can ambush a guy...and still not hit him..

(and that recorded radio transcripts can be faked so well after the fact when 2 of the 3 cops are dead)

17this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:44 am

Anonymous

Maybe they were terrible shots and he wasn't.

18this cop killer better get life Empty Re: this cop killer better get life Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:46 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Deank wrote:Are we really to believe that 3 police officers can be shot in the head by "random" gun fire... and not one of them able to shoot him first when they start shooting first? I know cops need more training in firing guns, but find it very difficult to believe that 3 cops are that bad of a shot that they can ambush a guy...and still not hit him.
Two of the cops were women...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum