the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

any thoughts?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1any thoughts? Empty any thoughts? Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:51 pm

winnipegceilingcat

winnipegceilingcat

any thought on that tow truck driver's murderer getting a pathetic 30 month sentence?

2any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:11 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Compared to the horsesh1te sentence Harvey-Zenk got for an equally heinous murder it is a life sentence.

This is what frustrates so many Manitobans. The criminal justice system does not dispense justice. Too many bleeding-hearts are involved and they minimize the penalty people pay.

Things must change. Else you'll see more vigilantism.

3any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:15 pm

winnipegceilingcat

winnipegceilingcat

i fully agree.
if my wife was killed by a drunk driver and thats all that was given or even less... i would be waiting, patently for their release. Smile

4any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Anonymous

Yes people like you and I are the only ones who can change it , by voting in a goverment that is serious about crime, not the window dressing that we are getting .

5any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:04 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I am less offended by the 30 year sentence then I am by the piece of crap CBC 6PM news lead...

young man
no prior record
admits remorse
sentenced to 30 months... should he even be in jail at all?

Holy ffuckk I wanted to rip Janet's head off every time I heard that.

Who the ffuckk cares he shows remorse he fricken killed someone ... 30 years should be the automatic minimum for drunks who kill people, driving or not.

6any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:19 am

Anonymous

Don't know how many of you remember the mother who was killed on mothers day in East Kildonian . It is a few years ago and that driver was sober no time no charges cept reckless driving and he drove away from the court. So not only cops catch breaks .

7any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:01 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Can't recall the last time a sober cop killed someone in an collision? I do recall a drunk cop killing someone in a collision that caught a damn fine break. I wonder, is this the same thing? Ummm, nope...

8any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:00 am

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

winnipegceilingcat wrote:any thought on that tow truck driver's murderer getting a pathetic 30 month sentence?

Shoulda got life with out parole. not only was he drunk, but speeding... and not just 20 km/p over the speed limit. enough over to flip a heavy tow truck!!! all the while going the wrong way down a street... if thats not crimal neglect to the T I donno what is!! Crimal neglect seems to be the easy way to get a way with murder!! "oh yea I was drunk, driving the wrong way down a street and excessively speeding, but I didn't mean to kill any one, I swear." COME ON!!!! Mad scratch

9any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:46 pm

AdamX

AdamX
contributor
contributor

this is about a normal sentence for this type of crime.. its not the first time its happened and its not the last time that it will happen. And most of us will never even know the actual amount of people getting off with less time because we only see what the newspapers choose to report on.

as pav says the only way to change it is with our votes.

now if only there was a party to choose from who would actually follow through with tough-on-crime promises.. then we might get somewhere...

http://www.cakefarter.com

10any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Anonymous

I believe that this was the second time the guy had an involvement with driving and drinking, as I understand it.

He appears to be an alcoholic, which I believe is now considered a treatable disease. Treatment should be part of the sentence imho.
If it is a "disease", should he be cut some slack?

11any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:44 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

73% of us think this asshole got to little time and yet the asshole CBC still lead with a story yesterday hinting that it was too long... FUCKK you CBC
from freep website
What's your opinion of Steve Watkins' 30-month sentence for impaired driving causing death in the crash that killed Amanda Frizzley?

It's too short. 73%any thoughts? Poll_lin_WFP
It's appropriate. 22%any thoughts? Poll_lin_WFP
It's too long. 3%any thoughts? Poll_lin_WFP

Total Votes: 2799

12any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:29 pm

Anonymous

Acutely Grumpy in the last 10 yrs 5 cops have been charged and 3 lost their licence, were relegated to desk duty . Sorry but the stats are not on the web so take my word for it . Anyone charged DUI should do 5 yrs min if involved in a accident that kills . And also for your info Grumpy a cop killed someone 4 yrs ago the fact that the accident was not reported as a cop, the public did not know nor did the press attend it in Wabowden .

13any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:59 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Pavolo wrote:And also for your info Grumpy a cop killed someone 4 yrs ago the fact that the accident was not reported as a cop, the public did not know nor did the press attend it in Wabowden .
Was he drunk? Was it a case of reckless driving? Simple accident with tragic consequences? Are we comparing apples to apples?

14any thoughts? Empty Re: any thoughts? Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:20 pm

Anonymous

He was sober and was driving in reckless manner 130 in a 60 zone on gravel . All Iam saying is that any one can get off on the charge if they have a smart lawyer. What you do is not the deciding factor. The kid who killed the mother got off cause myself and no other witness saw him blew a stop sign . Even though all evidence said he did .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum