the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

who is going to kick the tires on Windows 7?

+5
AGEsAces
IG Guy
FlyingRat
Triniman
Deank
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

Triniman

Triniman
general-contributor
general-contributor

That's my plan for tomorrow.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Can't be worse than Vista!

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

FlyingRat wrote:Can't be worse than Vista!

Well it could, but I just dont see how they could fit all 7 circles of hell onto one downloadable file.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

I think you're confusing the nine circles of hell (from The Divine Comedy)with the seven deadly sins.

Last edited by FlyingRat on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

could be.. I have only ever made it to the second circle of hell myself. never had to get divorced or live with my mother in law

IG Guy

IG Guy
contributor plus
contributor plus

I have to test it for work... scratch

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

heh.. we still have not released our software on Vista completely. Too many bugs so we wont support it 100%.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

Deank wrote:could be.. I have only ever made it to the second circle of hell myself. never had to get divorced or live with my mother in law
Second Circle

Those overcome by lust are punished in this circle. They are the first ones to be truly punished in Hell. These souls are blown about to and fro by a violent storm, without hope of rest. This symbolizes the power of lust to blow one about needlessly and aimlessly. In this circle, Dante sees Semiramis, Dido, Cleopatra, Achilles, and many others who were overcome by sensual love during their life.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

well yeah thats what I said.. I got married

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

http://www.wsu.edu/~alake/the_circles_of_hell.htm
for the people who need pictures
now who said flattery will get you no where? Straight to the 8.2 level of hell for you!

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

you have got to take the quiz to find out what circle you belong in.

http://www.wsu.edu/~alake/new_page_3.htm

funny as hell Smile

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

hilarious!

Do you plan on dying from suicide?
Do you wear your hair long and uncombed, stay up all hours of the night, keep to your room, avoid your family, eat junk food, and have messy table manners?

Last edited by FlyingRat on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I like this one

who is going to kick the tires on Windows 7? Wavbul2aHave you ever murdered a member of your family?
who is going to kick the tires on Windows 7? Wavbul2aDo you sympathize with the Menendez brothers?
who is going to kick the tires on Windows 7? Wavbul2aAre you a black ex-professional football player that drives a white Ford Bronco and owns a pair of blood stained gloves with DNA matching that of your recently deceased wife?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

and this one
Have you ever tried to beak up the Church?
who is going to kick the tires on Windows 7? Wavbul2aAre you an employee of The National Enquirer?

AGEsAces

AGEsAces

Deank wrote:could be.. I have only ever made it to the second circle of hell myself. never had to get divorced or live with my mother in law

What are these circles? Cause i've already done both of these Smile

Oops...just followed the link...apparently I belong in level 9 Very Happy
Or 2
or 4
or 6 Very Happy

http://www.photage.ca

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

You are judged on your worst sin. But if you repent, you go to Purgatory to work off the sin.

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

I made it to circle 8.8!

SIN: Knowingly giving poor or deceptive advice to those who trust you.
PUNISHMENT: You will be in a flame where your soul burns for eternity.
You will be accompanied by Ulysses (for his trick of the
Trojan Horse) and Diomed.

I'm disappointed I won't have my hero, Niccolo Machiavelli, there with me.

To answer the question, I have no intention of "kicking the tires" on Windows 7. I'd much rather wait to kick any purchasers of Windows 7 upon it's retail release.

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

grumpyrom

grumpyrom
major-contributor
major-contributor

I still don't get all the Vista hate. Unless your running a dinosaur of a pc it run's just fine. I've got nothing fancy on my PC, E6300 Core 2 Duo, 4GB of DDR2, and a 512MB Nvidia 8600GTS. I've run since since the upgrade came out in Jan. 07, before that my system had XP Pro on it. I've seen prety much no noticable difference in performance other than copying and pasting files which is noticably slower in Vista than XP. Other than that one nuisance I've had no problems with it what so ever.

However I'm no trying to connect 5 year old printers, scanners, camera's etc. to it either so I can't really speak directly to driver issues or backwards compatibility. To be honest I couldn't care less about that as I tend to upgrade my equipment in cycles anyways as new upgrades become available and I have 4 PC's, 2 of which still run XP (my daughter's Aspire One and an old 15" Compaq laptop) in case I ever run into a situation when I need to connect anything incompatible with Vista.

Overall I'd say I prefer Vista to XP, really it's just XP with a prettier face and better file search. I don't get all the hate. Seems like most of the negativity stemmed from people running outdated hardware, or software whose manufacturers chose not to support Vista.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

grumpyrom wrote:Seems like most of the negativity stemmed from people running outdated hardware, or software whose manufacturers chose not to support Vista.
I like to think I am ahead of the curve but it is not totally unreasonable to want your new OS and your old equipment or programs to work even if it is through a driver upgrade. I guess it's when the compatibility upgrades are not available when peeps get miffed.

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

grumpy old man wrote:
I like to think I am ahead of the curve but it is not totally unreasonable to want your new OS and your old equipment or programs to work even if it is through a driver upgrade. I guess it's when the compatibility upgrades are not available when peeps get miffed.

In this regard, it's not (always) the fault of the OS, but rather the hardware manufacturer's lack of driver support for the new OS.

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

Anonymous

Run XP have had no problems with it in 4 yrs.

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I dont hate vista because of hardware issue. I hate vista because of the way it looks and the retarded security aspects.

FlyingRat

FlyingRat

JT Estoban

JT Estoban
major-contributor
major-contributor

I've only been using Vista for a short time now. Bought a new laptop a few months ago and I decided that it would be a good idea to familiarize myself with the OS of the day. Especially considering everyone who buys a new PC/Laptop and is going to be calling me for support is going to expect me to be able to "just fix it" over the phone...

Alas, it was not as diffacult as I had imagined. Actually, it's going quite well, and I'm apreciating it more for it's security model and wishing that XP had the same security "features"....

For Windows 7, I'll be taking a look at it sooner or later...it's not going to be installed here at work for a while, and we may never go to Vista, so 7 is probably going to be the OS we are forced to go to.

From what I have heard from other Sys Admins, 7 is going to basically be more of a "Vista lite" type of OS...

IMHO, if you don't like the Vista interface, 7 isn't going to give you much of a reprieave.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum