the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did the cops let jack off prematurely?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did the cops let jack off prematurely?  Empty Did the cops let jack off prematurely? Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:13 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Layton camp in damage control over massage parlour allegations

From the Toronto Star

COURTENAY, B.C.—Jack Layton accused his opponents of launching a smear campaign after a report alleged the NDP leader was found naked in a Toronto massage parlour long before he got into federal politics.

“It’s unfortunate to see that smear campaigns are starting in these last few days of the campaign. Absolutely nothing wrong was done,” Layton told reporters at a hastily called scrum outside a high school in Courtenay, B.C., where the NDP was about to hold a rally on Friday evening.

“There was no wrong here, but yet the smears start. You know, this is why a lot of people get turned off politics and don’t even want to get involved. I think it’s very unfortunate.”

The New Democrats have been enjoying a surprising and unprecedented surge in the polls that has them overtaking the Liberals as the most likely party to form the official opposition and the stunning report had campaign officials go into damage control when the news broke as Layton was about to head to the campaign rally.

The report by long-time Toronto Sun court reporter Sam Pazzano — which aired on the newly launched Sun News Network before being published online — relied on an anonymous police source who said that in 1996 he and his partner found Layton lying naked on a bed in a Chinatown massage parlour suspected of being a bawdy house.

The report said the ex-cop recorded the incident in his notebook, which was reviewed and photocopied by the Sun, and that Layton, a Metro Toronto councillor at the time, did not explain why he had no clothes on but said he had not received any sexual services.

The report said Layton was cautioned and let go without being charged.

The campaign quickly released a statement from Olivia Chow, the NDP incumbent in Trinity-Spadina who is married to Layton, which acknowledged her husband was found by police but insisted he had done nothing wrong.

“Sixteen years ago, my husband went for a massage at a massage clinic that is registered with the City of Toronto. He exercises regularly; he was and remains in great shape; and he needed a massage.

“I knew about this appointment, as I always do,” Chow said in her statement. “No one was more surprised than my husband when the police informed him of allegations of potential wrongdoing at this establishment. He told me about the incident after it happened.

“Any insinuation of wrongdoing on the part of my husband is completely and utterly false,” she added.

Chow also noted that eight election campaigns have happened since the incident took place and that it has never been an issue.

The campaign also released a letter that Brian Iler, a Toronto-based lawyer representing the NDP, had sent to Sun News ahead of the report.

“The facts are that Mr. Layton had obtained a massage from a massage therapist, but had no knowledge whatsoever that the therapist’s location may have been used for illicit purposes,” Iler wrote in the letter, which also warned the network against publishing anything that would insinuate wrongdoing.

“He does recall being advised by the police at the time that he did nothing wrong, but that the location was questionable and to be stayed away from. Mr. Layton gave the officer his name and address, and nothing further happened,” Iler added.

Layton said he would keep campaigning with a focus on the positive change he wants to bring to federal politics.

“What we’ll do is we’ll keep pressing ahead with calling for real change in Ottawa, because frankly this is the kind of thing that a lot of people say is wrong in Ottawa politics today, so we’re just going to keep up the campaign right through to the end and call for that change,” said Layton, who did not take any questions and said nothing else as media chased him into the high school where he was holding the rally.

Conservative party officials declined comment Friday night.

“All I can say is it wasn't us,” said one senior Tory insider.

“We have no interest in this and, if anything, this kind of a story benefits the Liberals not us,” said the source.

A Liberal spokesman also declined to comment.

“We have no comment on the allegations, and we do not engage in the politics of personal attack,” said the Liberal spokesman.

With files from Robert Benzie

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Is this a smear campaign? Will it backfire?

Anonymous

No. It's not a smear campaign...it's the truth campaign.

It happened. Jack got caught in a whore house.

It's lucky that he finished his business just before the cops busted in or he would have been arrested and charged.

For all you commie bastards that don't believe this story, Jack's wife admitted it happened.

4Did the cops let jack off prematurely?  Empty Layton caught in whorehouse!! Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:57 am

Anonymous

https://kwdc.forumotion.com/t7310-did-the-cops-let-jack-off-prematurely#139308

Sorry GOM. Your headline sucked imo.

Layton was caught in a whorehouse. Don't temper it with an attempt at comedy imo. This is serious sh1t.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Sorry jtf. The story is what it is. It needs no embellishment. More so though we don't need redundant threads...

Anonymous

A Nipper are you then.

I didn't know that.

Anonymous

JACK LAYTON FOUND IN WHOREHOUSE!!!

Does this hurt your feelings GOM? Tough.

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Hey jtf, I was just going for breakfast. Care to join me? My treat...

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

If anything, this will get him more votes, except for the tight assed , holier than thou, few Conservatives left! lol

I said last week that someone would break some useless , personal, derogatory story like this on the last few days!
Who would care what 2 consenting adults do?

http://www.elansofas.com

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

What anonymous conservative police officer opend up his/her 15 year old notebook? This has Shelly Glover's doings all over it!
I can see Harper in the background!
How does this benefit the Liberals?
I was thinking of voting Liberal, but maybe I will vote for Layton now. He has the better platform for me as an old age pensioner!

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

Are you a whore-lover, rosencrentz?

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

meh. I could care less about this. Iggie smoked pot... is he in jail?

prostitution is 100% legal so why do we have moronic laws about it? regulate it and done.

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

What consenting adults do, is none of our business!
Edwin, regarding the Conservative question about being a whore lover, I must confess that I do not know any whores!
If I did know a whore, I would probably consider that they were a member of the human race, and not think poorly of their choice in jobs.
I think the only "human being" who deserve to be thought of an unloveable, would be a person like Steven Harper, and remember I am a card carrying Conservative! lol

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

So you ARE a whore lover..................... cyclops

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

WTF are you on about edwin?

EdWin

EdWin
major-contributor
major-contributor

I'm bored at work, so I thought I'd try and emulate Deank's persona for shits and giggles?

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

GOM, please stay out of this.
WTF is going on with a 9;30 A.M. breakfast? Are you OK? lol

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

EdWin wrote:I'm bored at work, so I thought I'd try and emulate Deank's persona for shits and giggles?

LOL

make sure to get naked.. or it dont count Smile

Goth_chic

Goth_chic
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

If anyone plans on traveling to the USA this summer or beyond buy your American money now. We just bought $3,000.00 for our trip to Disney, don't want to take the chance of our dollar falling below the greenback. If Jack-off leads a coalition our dollar will plummet.

Anonymous

Here's some dots to connect, or at least, think about:

1) The whorehouse that Jack frequented was run by triads (probably Wo Hop To or Sun Yee On).

2) For the past decade, the RCMP and CSIS have known that the Chineese have been courting our politicians, especially the Chineese-Canadian ones.

3) Jack is married to a Chineese-Canadian politician that is defending the whorehouse. (She calls it a "clinic")

By no means am I saying that either of them are spies or act in the interests of a foreign country.

I am saying that I sure wouldn't want this man as a Prime Minister, or even the Leader of the Opposition.

As far as I'm concerned, he should be back in Toronto living in subsidized housing provided to his mother-in-law AGAIN....running a sandwich shop.

Anonymous

1) The whorehouse that Jack frequented was run by triads (probably Wo Hop To or Sun Yee On).

Right. You can prove this eh
3) Jack is married to a Chineese-Canadian politician that is defending the whorehouse. (She calls it a "clinic")

What crap are you getting at, have your Valium then think

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Rumour has it is Jack's wife new where Bin Laden was hiding!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum