the winnipeg sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interesting Marty Gold post

+4
Deank
rosencrentz
grumpy old man
Jondo
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Interesting Marty Gold post Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Marty Gold says:
January 5, 2011 at 11:00 am
Starting next week, shocking internal emails between RRC and those who pressured the College to censor TGCTS will be revealed, keep checking http://www.tgcts.blogspot.com. So far, there’s over 200 pages to go through… marty.

2Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:21 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Yeah. I saw that. Love the hyperbole: shocking!

3Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:34 am

rosencrentz

rosencrentz
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Jondo- what is that link about? I went there and there isn't anything there!

http://www.elansofas.com

4Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:49 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Good question. I actually didn't try the link until now (he said to check there next week). I assumed it was Marty Gold's blog site. It looks to be dormant at this time though.

5Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

6Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:40 pm

eViL tRoLl

eViL tRoLl
contributor plus
contributor plus

Deank wrote:no WWW please

http://tgcts.blogspot.com/
Yikes that's a lot of drivel. Is anyone really reading all this stuff? I have information overload, and my attention span tends to be limited to two sentences ....

7Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

I did not make it much further.

8Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:05 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

gold's martyr act has worn thin some time ago...

9Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:10 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

Interesting Marty Gold post 114687

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

10Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Anonymous

Marty who?

11Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

Still - it will be interesting to see who (and possible why - specifically) was behind unplugging his voice. Few in the media ask the tough questions like Marty did. I want him back - smewhere. I didn't know he was going to be writing in the Sun as a columnist soon. Good to hear.

12Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Miz point

Miz point
uber-contributor
uber-contributor

Marty Gold - Wished he would just get over himself already.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

13Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

We'll the truth is out. It seems margo goodhand, editor of the Winnipeg free press colluded to have gold removed from his show.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vFsMegdlwKM/TS6KuEKUi_I/AAAAAAAAAFI/sqIyP9HI0zk/s1600/TGCTS%2BMargo%2Bto%2BForsyth.JPG

In that letter goodhand asks for confidentiality lest gold find out and defend himself.

Seriously bad form on the part of the free press.

Much interesting reading here: http://tgcts.blogspot.com/

Never let it be said that mainstream media can be trusted in this city. goodhand should be removed from that paper and her ability to earn an income in that sphere curtailed as she is obviously a conniving and unethical person.

14Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:28 am

Winklovic

Winklovic
contributor
contributor

grumpy old man wrote:We'll the truth is out. It seems margo goodhand, editor of the Winnipeg free press colluded to have gold removed from his show.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vFsMegdlwKM/TS6KuEKUi_I/AAAAAAAAAFI/sqIyP9HI0zk/s1600/TGCTS%2BMargo%2Bto%2BForsyth.JPG

In that letter goodhand asks for confidentiality lest gold find out and defend himself.

Seriously bad form on the part of the free press.

Much interesting reading here: http://tgcts.blogspot.com/

Never let it be said that mainstream media can be trusted in this city. goodhand should be removed from that paper and her ability to earn an income in that sphere curtailed as she is obviously a conniving and unethical person.

Interesting Marty Gold post 114687

15Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:13 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

she has some good points.

but I dont see anywhere in there that she is demanding he must go. Just saying. I dont like the arse.... Smile

16Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:15 am

Deank

Deank
contributor eminence
contributor eminence

ugg. either something wrong with my computer.. or something wrong with his site. Its so slow I cant scroll it.

17Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:23 am

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Yeah. One need only read between the lines and look at the ultimate end-result. The beyatch did not have the nads to approach gold herself to challenge him on his assertions. The fact she asked for confidentiality implied her actions were underhanded...

BTW I also disliked his constant attacks on the free press and mainstream media. I felt there was a hidden agenda. I even cautioned him to slack off else face the consequences...

Last edited by grumpy old man on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar and spelling correction.)

18Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:29 pm

Anonymous

Deank wrote:she has some good points.

Her only point (imo) can be covered by a hat.

19Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:33 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

Good Post!

20Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Anonymous

Wink

21Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:38 pm

SMW

SMW
major-contributor
major-contributor

JTF wrote:
Deank wrote:she has some good points.

Her only point (imo) can be covered by a hat.

^ Thumbs up!

http://www.conceitedjerk.com

22Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:00 pm

grumpy old man

grumpy old man
administrator
administrator

The Tory minister for Manitoba, Vic Toews, tees off on his hometown paper

Uh oh. Seems vic toews is not finished lambasting the free press. This story has nothing to do with gold but it is related in a second hand way to margo goodhand and her lambasting toews in an editorial about a similar toews tome.

Whew, how exhausting was that?

23Interesting Marty Gold post Empty Re: Interesting Marty Gold post Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Jondo

Jondo
major-contributor
major-contributor

The Marty Gold thing reminds me of the Howard Stern situation. The answer to the muzzlers and regulators is satellite. The more that mainstream media are circumvented - the better off we all are. If Marty was saying something illegal about the slanted-reporting of the Freep then they should have taken him to court. Why not do that? Because Marty would have been acquited in the court of public opinion and they know it. Same reason other certain media need Sun TV (even the notion of it) to be killed. That should alarm people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum